20

This one-shot is like a monologue, in case you wonder why is written so distanced.

How did they end up like this? He asked himself. One minute ago he was taking Leyla on a date, and the next, the love of his life was dying. 

He sat on the chair, his elbows on his thighs, while he leaned on his hands. He couldn't believe what happened. He could still feel how her breaths were slowly slowing down. how the warmth was leaving her body.

"Kanat!"  He heard an angry Ayşe. He raised his head to look at her red face that she got from crying. 

"Get out!"  She shouted.  He had never seen her like this. She was always calm and considerate, but now he saw a whole other side of her. Now, he saw a woman who was close to killing him. He would even say he deserved it. 

"Ayşe..." 

"You made fun of her, then you asked Leyla out for hurting Ekim, and now you're acting like you care for her. I said, Get out!"

Everyone who came into the hospital with them looked at them in amazement, especially after seeing that Ayşe wasn't as kind as she used to be. Even Melisa was impressed by her outburst.

"I..."

"Kanat, bro, don't cause a scene."

Ozan was surprisingly wise in the situation and moved him away from the emergency room.

"It happened because of me." He whispered to his best friend as they sat on the bench in front of the hospital. 

He knew he hurt Ekim when he took Leyla out on a date, but he just needed to show her how much he suffered. 

He needed to know that she cared. 

He needed to see some kind of hint of her loving him.

But he regretted it later when he was in the restaurant with her. She was incredibly boring and nothing like Ekim. She was too superficial and thought she was the best, even though Ekim was ten times better than her. 

Then Ozan and Melisa came, making the situation worse than it already was.

At the end, they moved to Melisa's house to talk, and while talking, Kanat realized one important thing. No matter how much he tried to forget Ekim, he just couldn't. He couldn't forget her little smile, her pure heart, her beauty, and her kissable lips. 

Dağhan suddenly showed up with a gun in his hand, pointing at Ozan and him. Being the gentleman he was, he automatically moved Leyla behind him. Although he didn't like her, he still needed to protect a woman who was in danger. It was the first rule his mother taught him.

Behind Dağhan, Ekim, Orijinal, Bekir, and Ayşe came, who tried to calm Dağhan down, but without any success. 

"Dağhan, please."  Ayşe begged her beloved with teary eyes while Ekim tried to hold her back. That was his girl. always protecting others. However, at the same time, he was worried that something might happen to her. 

"Shut up!"  He shouted and pointed the gun at her. Kanat wanted to move forward to protect Ekim, but Dahan quickly moved the gun at him, making him stop trying to move.

"Kanat!"  He heard Ekim shout. His ex-girlfriend worriedly looked at him, fearing to lose the idiot she loved so much.

So out of stupidity, she quickly ran to Dağhan and touched the gun. He wasn't expecting her to react that way, but his girl just needed to be the kahraman kız she was and fight with her friend while he had a fucking gun in his hands. 

"Ekim, stop!"  Kanat began to pacify, especially when she was on the verge of being shot. 

"Ekim, let go!" Dağhan tried to protect her by using force and tried to push her, but instead of going down, she continued to fight him. And then he heard a sound that he would never forget in his entire life. 

It was a gunshot. And the one who was shot wasn't that idiot, but the love of his life, who tried to stop the bleeding with her right hand. Kanat quickly ran to her to catch her when she lost her balance. 

"Call an ambulance, now!" 

Ozan was quiet, like he was admitting his fault at Ekim's misfortune. 

"I'm sorry."  He heard him apologize. Why was he apologizing? Kanat asked himself. Ozan wasn't the type of guy who would apologize without a good reason. 

"I can't imagine how you feel. "I would be heartbroken if something like this would happen to Melisa."

Ozan side hugged his friend whom he lately distanced from. 

"But, I assure you, we're talking about Ekim Güleryüz here. The girl who singlehandedly turned the school upside down during a few days. The girl is a fighter and will fight to cheat death."

Maybe Ozan was right. Maybe Ekim will survive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Neşe Hanım left her daughter for the night, Kanat quickly snooped in to see how the love of his life was doing. 

He took a chair, put it beside the bed, and sat down. He took her hand in his and kissed it gently while watching her. He had to admit that even in her sleep, she was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. 

"Love, I hope you hear me." He kissed her delicate hand again. She looked so fragile. It was like she was a glass doll that could break at any time. 

"I'm sorry for what I did to you. I'm sorry for humiliating you, for making you relive your worst moment, for abusing you, and for leaving your side in the first place. I did all these horrible things because I was a fool who thought you didn't love me."

He let finally the tears out he so hard tried to hold back.

"But I realized you loved me. I realized how much I love you." He laughed lightly, hence his heart was aching. "They say you finally start to appreciate something when you're about to lose it. I almost lost you, beautiful. I..." 

The boy was interrupted because of his own sobs. He was sobbing like a sad child who was mad at his parents for not giving him what he wanted. 

"Kanat?" 

He heard a weak voice that sounded like Ekim's. He instantly raised his head to see whether he was dreaming or not. Thank God he wasn't because Ekim was weakly smiling at him. 

"Hey, beautiful."  He greeted while thanking whoever brought his girl back to life. 

"Hey handsome."  His heart began beating faster. It was the first time she called him handsome. 

"I..."  He shut himself up and kissed her hand again. He knew that Ekim was weak and had no strength to talk, so he just stood there in silence, kissing her hand and whispering how much he was sorry for what he had done and telling her how much he loved her. 

They would talk when Ekim was in the right condition.

I'm almost done with all of your requests. They will be published soon.
To those who have ideas or wishes of me writing a one-shots, can glady write me their request in the comments or write me privately.

I hope you enjoyed it. Till next time ❤️❤️❤️