Chapter 2

Gibson and Angel met Shana and Jake at the door as they walked in.
"We got a commonwealth of information from the church parishioner," Shana told them.
Gibson glared at them for a moment.
"What do you got?", Gibson asserted.
"This land deal is all a part of the Purple Haze epidemic that's been strangling the schools in the country," Jake put in.
Angel glanced at them, somewhat perplexed by the reply.
"Sholley is trying to gain church land so we can't touch him," Shana returned.
  Gibson eased back into a chair.
"That's only if he rents the land though and even if he rents it, they can relent to a search warrant," Gibson said.
Angel looked over at Gibson.
"Why would he want to buy the land then, tax write off maybe?", She surmised.
"He's still subject to paying income tax," Gibson replied.
"Well that, and property tax," Navarro added as he walked up.
   Manning walked up on them.
"He's screwed either way he goes," he said.
They looked over as the suit walked into the door.
"I am Carrie Cain, I am with the IRS," she said showing them her badge.
Gibson glared at Angel.
"Why is she here?", He asked.
"I called her because I thought Sholley might owe back taxes," Angel said.
"Can we begin?", Cain replied.
They sat down at a table.
"Go ahead Agent Cain," Angel said.
    Cain eased forward in her chair, pulling out her laptop and opening it.
"It turns out that Sholley hasn't paid taxes in the past four years," she began.
"Why haven't you busted him?", Angel asked.
"We're still trying to gather evidence," Cain replied.
Navarro leaned forward in his chair.
"You didn't get returns from the guy in four years, and you still don't have enough evidence?", Navarro breathed with an arrogant grin.
"Everytime we try to get him, he skips into Switzerland where he holds citizenship," she said.
"And that means no extradition," Navarro replied.
"Right," Cain returned.
    Gibson eased back in his chair.
"Maybe we can help, I have friends with the Swiss authorities, I might be able to pull some strings," he told them.
"Good luck, better people than you have tried," Cain replied.
"These people are governmental officials, and they owe me a life debt," Gibson retorted picking up the telephone on the table and dialing his friends.
Cain looked over at Angel.
"How do those people owe him any kind of debt?", Cain asked of Angel.
"When he was with World Structure, he saved them from assassination," Angel replied.
"How quaint," Cain breathed.
"Yes, quaint," Angel said.
"See if I ever freaking save your life again, damned fragging fool!", Gibson raged storming out of the building.
   Angel walked out of the building and lit a cigarette.
Navarro motioned for Cain not to follow them.
"That damned old fool, he doesn't believe that Sholley's done anything wrong!", Gibson raged again letting out a drag.
"So in their eye's, he's a model citizen hey?", Angel said letting out a drag.
"That's the she made it sound anyway, model fragging citizen," Gibson muttered blowing out a drag.
   Angel eased back against a pillar, letting out a drag.
"How many officials did you save and what about appealing to them?", She asked letting out a drag.
"Five and I have three left to try," he responded letting out a drag.
"You think I can help?", Angel replied.
Gibson shook his head blowing out a drag, "I don't think so, they already don't take well to American federal authorities," Gibson told her stamping his cigarette out.
   They finished up and walked into the building.
Harrison looked at as he hung up his phone.
"I just got off the phone with the Swiss government, and was able to convince them to get Sholley if he tries to flee the country," Harrison told them.
Gibson motioned for him to follow him into his office.
They walked into the office and sat down, Angel following them.
"How'd you get them to revoke his citizenship?", Gibson asked.
"I didn't get them permanently get it revoked, just long enough to bring him back," Harrison replied.
"They must not look kindly on tax evasion," Angel added.
Harrison smirked at her," I told them what else he's suspected of, and they agreed to help."
"I tried that and they laughed at me," Gibson replied.
"I think they must figure I hold more weight than you, or something," Harrison laughed.
   Shana dashed in breathing heavily.
"What's going on Shana?", Gibson asserted.
"There's been a shooting at the Catholic school," she told them.
"That's a police matter," Gibson replied.
"They said it's related to our investigation," she told them.
   Gibson relented and they headed out.
They pulled into the parking lot and were led to the elementary school playground, where the body of a little girl now laid.
"The girl's name is Kendra Drale, age nine, she passed away just ten minutes ago," the detective told them.
Gibson knelt down beside the body, examining the girl's eyes.
"Has the Medical Examiner gotten here yet?", He asked.
"I am here Gibson," she said.
She knelt down beside the body and took the liver temperature.
"Based on temp and levititty, I would have to say this poor girl has only been dead an hour," she said.
"Do you have a cause?", Gibson asked.
"Judging by the whitewashed eyes and track mark in the arm, I'd have to say drug overdose, possibly Purple Haze," she told them.
Gibson drew back for a moment.
"Drug overdose, kind of young don't you think Amanda?", Gibson asserted.
"I've seen them as young as four, it's agonizing to see it, but it happens," she responded as they loaded the body onto the gourney.
   Gibson glared at the detective,"Any witnesses?", He put forward.
"Just the teacher who found her, she's over by the backdoor," he responded pointing over to a neatly dressed woman by the door.
"What's her name?", Angel put in.
"Miss Cunningham you won't get much out of her I'm afraid, she's still in shock," he answered.
   Angel and Gibson walked over to talk with her.
"Miss Cunningham, I am Special Agent Gibson and this is Special Agent Peace, we are with The Guardian Investigative Service," he identified as they showed their badges.
"Yes, I've heard of you, must be here because of Kendra," she guessed wiping away tears.
"Was she a student of yours?", Angel asked.
"Yes, I am sorry if I am not of much help," she sobbed.
"No worries, just tell us what you know," Gibson said.
    Miss Cunningham eased forward as they sat down at a pick nick table.
"Kendra asked if she could use the restroom a few minutes ago," she began.
"You went to investigate after she didn't return, and found her out here, correct?", Gibson surmised.
"Yes but, I didn't touch anything," she insisted.
"Thanks, has a man named Sholley been around here at anytime today?", Gibson asked.
"Not that I know of, but his goon's have," she responded.
   Gibson glared at her for a moment.
"Goon's, how many of them?", He asked.
"He usually sends two, but today, there were four of them, and were riding in a sky blue Lexus SUV," she responded.
"Did you get the license plate?", Angel inserted.
She handed them the plate number.
  They thanked her and headed into the front office.
"How may I help you agents?", The principal asked as they entered.
"Can we possibly get the dead girl's address, so we can notify her parents?", Angel asked.
"Sure, is there anything else I can do to help?", He asked.
"Just stay in town," Gibson replied.
    They drove out to the house, a huge two story house on the outskirts of town.
A blonde haired, blue eyed young lady in a red two piece bathing suit met them in the driveway.
"The school told us you were coming," told them.
"Mrs. Drale, we have bad news, it involves your daughter," Gibson told her.
"Kendra, what's wrong?", She asked.
"Kendra was found murdered in the playground an hour ago," Angel said.
"Oh my gosh, she was just nine, who'd want to kill her?", She responded showing them into the living room and offering them seats.
"We're not sure yet but, we do have an idea," Angel said.
   Gibson got up from his chair and looked at the pictures on the mantle.
"Where is her dad, if you don't mind me asking," Gibson asked.
"He was killed in a plane crash last year," she responded.
  They finished up and headed back to headquarters.
They headed down to the morgue, where Amanda was waiting for them.
"What do you have for us?", Gibson asked.
"This poor girl was indeed killed by an overdose of Purple Haze," she began.
   Mrs. Drale eased forward in her chair.
"She's been acting strange lately," she said.
"Strange how?", Gibson asked.
"She's been hanging out with kids in black trench coats, who claim to be working for a man named Sholley," she said.
"As what?", Angel queried.
"They never said," she responded.
"And you asked them?", Gibson asserted.
"Several times, they never told me," she sobbed.
Gibson glared at her hard.
She just kept saying,"it's over, all over," under her breath.
   Angel motioned for Gibson to leave and handed her a card.
They walked out of the house and headed for the car.
"What was that about?", Gibson asked.
"It's obvious she's lying about the kids, she already knew Kendra was dead," Angel told him.
"You want to watch her, and see where she goes?", Gibson guessed.
"I'm going to have Gordon and Harrison handle that," she replied as they watched them pull in down the street.
Angel and Gibson headed back to headquarters, and told them what they'd found out.