Chapter 24

Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 12:00am, Gibson walked into his office and glanced at the plans for the Kickingbird theater facility on his computer.
Angel and Tasha walked in and sat down across from him.
"These plans are incredible, you know they've got a casino and money laundering operation in this place also?", Gibson fired at them.
"It's pretty impressive, how're they able to fit all of that in there?", Tasha asked.
"They're putting every square foot of this place," Gibson replied.
"Interesting way to do it, why not just do a casino and skip all of this other stuff, Max's profile would indicate someone who would want to rush," Tasha replied.
   Gibson eased back in his chair;"This isn't his idea, it's Gillian's," Gibson replied.
"Her profile points to someone who is this methodical, she's a planner," Tasha replied easing forward to take a closer look.
Angel eased forward in her chair and shook her head;"son of a gun, these people thought of everything," she said.
"That's right everything is provided for in these plans, accept for ventilation," Gibson replied.
Jake hobbled in and sat down.
"Ventilation isn't hard, just tweak it," he responded.
"Jack of all trades master of none, I like it," Gibson replied.
"That's right," Jake replied.
    Gordon stuck his head in the door.
Gibson glared up at him;"what's up?", He asked.
"It's Grider, he's been made," Gordon replied.
"We need to get him out of there tonight, it sounds like," Gibson replied.
"Yeah but, how?", Gordon replied.
"Set up a meeting place and get him out of there, and out of town," Gibson replied.
"Make sure there's plenty of out of sight security personnel," Gordon shot back.
"Always, give him a call and tell him we're gonna get him out tonight," Gibson replied.
    Gordon set up a meeting place at Kennedy Place apartments, and they met with Grider on the burnt out building landing outside.
Boyd watched everything from a van across the street.
"You're about to have company, no time to talk , get him out of there," Boyd radioed in.
   They looked up just in time to catch four black Hummers pulling in down the street.
Several armed men got out and began firing at them.
Led flew back and forth, local and campus authorities arrived to help them, firing from behind the gunmen.
Two local cops dashed up behind Gibson and Angel.
"Hey officer, you think you can give us good enough cover to get our man out of here?!", Gibson shouted over the shots.
"We're gonna call it in to our people on the other side, on three run like hell," she responded firing back at the gunmen.
"Right," Gibson replied firing and killing one of the gunmen.
    The officers reloaded and began firing rounds at the gunmen.
Gibson and Angel grabbed Grider by the arm and dashed for their car, threw him into the back, and waited for the signal to go.
They were given the signal and sped off out onto Danforth from the back street.
"Thanks for getting me out of there," Grider told them.
"Don't think it's over yet," Gibson replied noticing a back Mercedes following them closely.
Gibson turned into Edmond Highschool parking lot, stopped, and turned off the car.
The Mercedes parked two spaces down from them and and armed man exited the car.
Gibson got out and drew his weapon, standing outside of their black charger.
"It seems that you all could use some cover," he told them.
   Grider exited the car and glared at the hooded figure approaching the car.
"I called him in, his name is Carson Kirby, gun for hire," Grider replied.
"Just like you," Angel replied.
"Yes but, he's a better shot than me," Grider replied lighting a cigarette.
   Kirby eased forward opening his coat to reveal an arsenal of weapons holstered like Neo from The Matrix.
Gibson glared at Kirby for a second;"how much do you want?", He asked.
"Money isn't pressing on me at the moment, I'm here to help get Grider to safety, and help take these assholes down," Kirby answered.
"Keep your eyes open," Gibson warned as Stokes pulled up.
"I've got your front, Kirby can take flank," Stokes said.
"Let's go," Gibson replied.
    Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 1:45am, Gibson and the others pulled into the parking lot and rushed Grider into the building.
Kirby lit a cigarette and stood outside the back door with Stokes.
Tasha looked at Grider with great interest as he told them everything he knew about the new facility and how they were doing security for the party.
    Gillian Sholley estate Coffee Creek road Edmond, Oklahoma 2:05am, Gillian glared at Guillermo as she lit a cigarette.
"You told me they wouldn't be getting Grider out of there!", She shouted.
"Campus and local cops showed up to help them, it couldn't be helped," Guillermo replied lighting a cigarette.
"Now Grider has told them everything he knows about the party," Gillian replied letting out a puff.
"Calm down sis, we didn't really let him in on everything," Max told her as he walked in.
"Better hope not, or we're in for a lot of shite on the horizon," Gillian replied letting out a puff.
    Max glanced out the window as Gillian headed out to the heated pool, took her robe off, and stepped in.
"Guillermo, you figure that we're gonna be able to pull this off?", Max asked.
"Yes, everything is in order, security just finished their last check," Guillermo replied letting out a smoke ring.
   Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 2:30am, Gibson and the others continued going over the plans for their raid on the party the next evening.
Angel called Grider into her office and offered him a seat.
"We need to get you out of town to a safehouse," she told him.
"No, I have been in on this thing from the beginning, risked life and limb to get you all this information, I want to stay," Grider snapped.
"Not advisable at this point, they're all gonna be gunning for you," Angel replied.
    The police chief walked into the room.
"I agree with Grider, he should be in on this for the long haul," he responded.
"This is highly in advisable," Angel replied.
"Usually I would agree with you but, this is someone who is used to that sort of thing," he responded.
Angel agreed to let Grider stay with them.
    They finished planning and headed outside for a smoke.
Angel lit up and let out a smoke ring.
"I hope we get these guys, I have been tracking them since they evaded capture in Berlin two years ago," Kirby told them.
"Which one, Max or Gillian?", Angel asked letting out another ring.
"Mostly Max, he's been hopping in and out of countries for the past few years, he's stupid that way," Kirby replied.
"Gillian usually stays in one place, trying to stay out of radar, until now," Stokes added.
They finished up and headed back in.