Chapter 10

Sholley glared at his main Lieutenant as if he suspected something of him.
"What is it boss?", He asked.
"Kellen, where's Grider?", Sholley persuaded,
"He said that he was going to check out the spot for the next drop off," Kellen said.
    Sholley glared at him for a moment;"you must be pretty sure of this guy if you're putting him in charge of scouting drop off points," Sholley replied lighting a cigar.
"My brother served with him in Rangers, and said he was an awesome scout," Kellen returned.
    Sholley turned his chair towards the window behind his chair.
"Is this the same brother who ratted you out to the feds last year?", Sholley fired at him.
"Drake no, I made sure he wasn't able to talk to law enforcement again," Kellen said lighting a cigarette.
"Which brother would you be referring to?", Sholley wrathed letting out a puff.
"Tate, he was the one who hired security personnel for Bates last night," Kellen returned letting out a puff.
"That was a great hiring job, not even the feds stopped that shipment," Sholley laughed.
"That's what I thought," Kellen returned.
     Gibson and Holt pulled into an old airport and had their crew's spread out all over the place.
"Holt remember how foolish Bates made us look last night, your intelligence better be good," he radioed in.
"This is better intell than the last one, she's never let me down," Holt radioed back.
"Hope so," Gibson muttered.
     Three trucks and pulled up and Kellen got out of a black Hummer.
A midnight blue Lexus SUV pulled and Bates got out with three of his top Lieutenants.
Gibson and everyone else got ready to swoop down on them.
"Where's the plane Bates?", Kellen fired at him.
"Pilot hit a storm pocket coming up from San Antonio and had to fly around it, they'll be here," Bates told him.
"How long?", Kellen breathed.
"A few minutes, the pocket was pretty small," Bates replied.
   The plane landed a few minutes later and Bates pulled a kilo from the plane.
Kellen pulled a switch blade from his coat and cut a slit in the bag.
He shovled a little bit of it into a test bag, crushed it and shook it to test it.
When it didn't turn purple he glared at Bates.
"What kinda blind would you be pulling over our eyes?", He said tasting it.
"This is nothing but purple died powdered sugar," Kellen told him.
   The pilot looked at him for a moment;"our person tested it before we left, and it tested pure," he said.
"Than someone switched it before we flew out," the pilot said as two more planes landed.
   Kellen looked over at them.
"This might be the shipment we're waiting for," Kellen breathed.
Stokes waited for the signal to go in from the tower.
Kellen tested the other stuff and it tested pure.
"This stuff is ready for sale, Grabel, the money,"Kellen said snapping his finger.
    Gibson and the others swooped down and took the people on the strip down with no problem.
Kellen dashed after the second plane as it started to take off.
Angel shoved past Stokes and jumped from the tower to the top of the plane.
She tried to battle the wind as she made it to the hatch and knocked it open with a small ram.
Kellen threw her into a wall as she flung herself in.
Kellen motioned for the pilot to continue take off, but the plane didn't move.
Kellen grabbed a fire extinguisher off the wall behind him and threw it at her.
She ducked the extinguisher as it flew into the cockpit, where it knocked out the pilot.
   Kellen drew his switchblade from his coat and charged at her.
Angel clotheslined him, knocking his five foot eleven inch rear end to the ground.
Kellen stood to his feet, swinging at her.
Angel blocked him, throwing him from the plane to the runway.
Kellen landed back first on the runway with a thumb, knock out cold.
   Angel jumped out of the plane glancing down the runway.
Gibson glared at her for a moment.
"I'm okay, I'm not sure he is," Angel told him with a grin.
"You know if I would have done that, you would have come down on me like a ton of bricks," Gibson said.
"Advantage of being the boss, I'm sure that I'll catch flack from the review board," she responded dusting herself off.
Gibson and Holt helped Kellen up and cuffed him.
They loaded Kellen and the others into the back of a van and watched as it drove off.
The press was filming everything.
    Sholley and a Lieutenant named Pike watched the whole thing on the big screen in Sholley's office.
"That shipment was going directly to Guillermo in freaking Mexico City, and now one of my best men is in the slammer!", Sholley growled slamming his fists on his desk.
Pike looked at him for a minute;"I told you that I had a bad feeling about this shipment," he said lighting a cigarette.
"I guess you should have been listened to," Sholley replied lighting a cigar.
"You need me to find out who ratted out the shipment and take care of them?", Pike asked.
Sholley took in a drag and let it out, nodding his head.
"Make sure that whoever it is get's what might be coming to them," Sholley ordered.
"I will sir, you have my word on it," Pike replied.
   Grider walked in and sat down.
"I want to help him, I have a hunch on who it is," Grider put in.
"Yes but, make sure they die," Sholley replied.
"You've nothing to worry about sir," Grider assured him.
   They left and Sholley prepared to receive another shipment.
Grider walked back in for a moment.
"Might I suggest that we don't take anymore shipments until we know what's going on?", Grider replied.
"Suggestion noted but, time is money," Sholley replied relighting his cigar.
"Sir, we need to take out the snitch before we get anymore shipments in," Grider told him.
"Do it fragging fast, I can't hold the shipments for very long," Sholley told him puffing on the cigar.
"Will do," Grider replied leaving again.
    Back at GIS headquarters, Gordon walked into the coffee room and poured himself a cup and sat down.
Gibson and Angel joined him at the table.
"Grider just called, and he said that we need to let him kill the person responsible for snitching on the shipment," Gordon told them.
"What if we made it look like Gillian is dead, and Grider is responsible?", Gibson suggested.
"Sholley told him that it has to be a public execution," Gordon replied.
"We can make that happen and put her in protection for the trial," Angel said taking a sip of coffee.
"Alright, let's set it up," Gordon replied.
   They called Gillian in and told her everything.
"Wait, you're man is going to kill me?", Gillian asked.
"We're going to make it look like he killed you, just to maintain his cover," Gibson replied.
"Okay, where are you all going to stash me?", Gillian asked.
"A house in Dewey that we use to detain witnesses, there's just a few things you need to know," Gibson replied.
"Okay what's that?", She asked.
"You can't be seen in public, no calls, texts, or emails," Angel told her.
"Okay, I'm in," Gillian responded.
    That night, they made it look like Grider shot her down in the street and stashed her away under constant guard.
   Sholley estate 12 midnight, Grider walked into his office and sat down.
"I saw the particulars about the death on television, congratulations," Sholley told him.
"Thanks but, it was all in the line of duty, and my face never got caught on camera, perfect murder," Grider replied.
They finished up and he headed to the gun range and let off some steem.