Chapter 14

UCO police department Edmond, Oklahoma 1:24am, Gibson and Black were met by Angel at the door as she was pulling on her coat.
"City police detectives just called, we've got a body outside of Cimmaron Middle school," she told them.
Gibson glared back at her;"what's this got to do with our case, where's Jake and Shana?", Gibson asked.
"They're at scene, they found two label stripped medicine bottles on the body," Angel said.
"Let's go," Black responded.
    Cimmaron Middle school Edmond, Oklahoma 1:26am, They were met by Shana in the parking lot as they got out of the car.
"What do we have so far?", Gibson persuaded.
"Nineteen year old female, blonde hair and brown eyes, she looks like she's been sexually assaulted and is definitely dead," Shana replied as they walked under the scene tape.
Gibson knelt down beside the body and gave the Medical Examiner a look.
"She's been dead for about an hour based on liver temp, can't really say what killed her until I get her on the table," she told him.
   Gibson glanced up at Jake as he walked up;"who found the body?", He asked.
"The janitor over there was taking the trash out, when he found the body in front of the door," Jake replied.
"I see, did he tell you anything else?", Gibson asked.
"He sounds too shook up to say much else," Jake replied.
"Do we have any identification on the body or anywhere around?", Gibson asked.
"Not yet, Shana and a uni are going through the blue car over right now," Jake replied.
"Make sure this scene gets sealed, see if the other schools in the area can take in the kids for a couple of days," Gibson told him.
"I'm on it," Jake said calling the state superintendent.
   Gibson and Holt walked into the school building and began going through the front office.
A young man walked up to them.
"What the hell are you doing, I just cleaned this room," he insisted.
"We're federal agents, are trying to get in the way us going through the scene?", Holt fired at him.
"No sir," he hesitated.
"Go outside with the rest of the staff, and we'll tell you when you can come back in," Holt told him.
The young man scoffed at them and was shown outside.
   Tasha walked out to their car, sat on the hood, gazing out over the scene.
Gibson walked out to join her and lit a cigarette.
"I forget sometimes how hard this job is on the psyche," she told him.
"You're the thick of it, you're in the minds of these people," Gibson replied letting out a puff.
"Don't remind me, I just wish we knew more about this vic," she responded.
"We're probably going to find identification soon," Gibson replied letting out a puff.
    Shana called them over to the car.
"We found her license," she said handing them the card.
"Kasha Luong, shame," Tasha said.
"Wait a minute, I talked with her at Starbucks the other day, she served me," Manning said as he walked up.
"What all did she say?", Gibson asked.
"She was interviewing me for an article she said she was writing for the campus paper," Manning replied.
"The Ocolley?", Gibson asked.
"Yeah she said thought the article might help us," Manning replied.
   Gibson pulled Manning aside.
"Don't ever talk about a case that is still under investigation, she might've been getting intelligence for Sholley," Gibson replied.
"It seemed harmless, I am sorry," Manning replied lighting a cigarette.
"Don't let it happen again," Gibson replied.
     Sholley estate outside of Kicking Bird Golf course Edmond, Oklahoma 2:35am, Sholley walked out onto his back patio and sat down by the covered outdoor pool.
Grider walked out and joined him.
"That butinsky UCO reporter has been dealt with, I think you need to have a chat with Stoker," Grider told him.
"Good, why is that?", Sholley replied.
"The man raped her in the backseat of her car before he killed her," Grider told him lighting a cigarette.
"I don't much appreciate rape, it leaves too much evidence behind," Sholley returned.
   Stoker walked out to join them.
Sholley stood from his chair and punched Stoker squarely in his right jaw, knocking him to the ground.
"What the hell, I did what you told me to do," Stoker replied rubbing his jaw.
"I didn't tell you to freaking rape her, you sick, sad, stupid man!", Sholley roared.
"You said torture her, before I kill her," Stoker projected.
"Torture, not freaking rape, you crossed the line, tell me you at least grabbed her identification and planted the drugs," Sholley said.
"I wasn't able to find the id, but I did plant the drugs," Stoker answered.
"Amateurs, I'm fragging surrounded by amateurs, now I am going to have to get you out of the country until this rape and murder thing cools off," Sholley said.
"I have already booked a trip to Switzerland under an alias," Stoker replied.
"Aw you finally showed your brains, what little you've got left, when do you leave?", Sholley snapped.
"I am catching a flight in two hours," Stoker replied.
   Sholley snapped his fingers, and his butler brought out an airliner bag.
"There's $85,000 in here, when you're out of this, don't come crying to me," Sholley told him.
"Right," Stoker replied heading out.
Grider looked at Sholley for a second;"should I follow him?", Grider asked stamping his to cigarette out.
"No, I have contacts in Switzerland who will take care of him when he lands," Sholley returned.
  Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 3:03am, Gibson and his crew walked in and set up, as the campus police department let the girls family know about her death.
Tasha looked at the photos of the scene.
"This poor girl was really tortured, I don't think she was a Sholley informant," she said.
"I think you're right, an informant wouldn't have been raped, before being tortured," Angel put in.
"Miss Luong was a reporter who got too close," Gibson agreed.
"Why torture, rape and kill her, it just doesn't make sense to me," a detective added.
"I think rape was just an additional thing to this," Harrison stated.
"Yeah, Sholley doesn't ever condone rape, it leaves behind too much," Manning added.
    At 5am, they headed out to IHOP for breakfast and coffee.
They continued to go over everything on the case as they ate.
After they finished eating, they headed back to headquarters.