Chapter 13

Sholley's Edmond Estate outside of Kicking Bird Golf course Edmond, Oklahoma 3:00pm, Sholley glanced out his office window watching as the construction crew continued working.
Sholley turned as Grider and another Lieutenant walked into the office and sat down.
"See this, those damned feds busted my Murdaugh Hall lab!", He raged.
"We're trying to track down our mole sir," Grider replied light a cigar.
"Hustle they're getting closer to my largest and last on campus lab," Sholley warned lighting a cigar.
"Right," Grider replied.
    Edmond police department Edmond, Oklahoma 3:15pm, Jake and Shana continued going over the city map.
"Wait, wasn't this building on Danforth and Bryant a movie theater at one point?", Jake asked.
"Yeah, Kicking Bird Movie theater, it closed down after COVID," the detective Captain Halleran replied.
"This would be the perfect place to house it all, they'd just need to put in ventilation," Jake replied.
They sent people out to watch the place.
    UCO campus police department Edmond, Oklahoma 3:30pm, Angel glanced up as a young lady entered the building.
"How can I help you?", Angel asked her.
"I am Tasha Black head of the NPA Behavioral analysis unit, we've been sent out to help you all," she responded showing her badge.
"Okay, I'll show you where to get set up," Angel replied showing them down the hall.
   Tasha and her crew started going through everything they were handed on Sholley so they could come up with an accurate profile.
Harrison walked in an hour later.
"How's it going?", He asked.
"This guy's way hard to profile, it's like he's eight people in one," she replied.
"You're one of the best, I know you can do it," Harrison encouraged.
  UCO campus outside Colliers health Edmond, Oklahoma 4:30pm, they were met by Gibson and Berea in the parking lot.
"Get suited up, hazmat is over there," Gibson told them pointing him over to the trucks.
"Do we have other fire personnel on standby, this place looks like it could go up in flames if we're not careful," Angel said.
"Yeah, they're on their way," Gibson replied.
"Alright let's do this, watch it there,"Angel warned.
    They headed in and spread out all over the building.
Gibson and his crew took the armed guards at the door of the lab and entered in.
The bust went down without incident and they walked out of the building to change out.
   They were met by two cops outside.
"Grab a crew and secure the building, make sure there's no students or faculty in or out for at least a week, the place will have to be decontaminated," Angel told them.
They agreed and started going through the place.
They finished up and headed back to headquarters.
   Tasha was heading out the front door as they were walking in.
"Heard you all had fun down there," she said.
"Oh yeah, if you like halfway burning up hazmat suits," Angel replied.
"I'll pass, can I buy you all drinks?", Tasha asked.
"Sure let's hit Flat tire, I'll cover food," Angel said.
   They headed down to Flat tire and were shown to an outdoor table.
They ordered drinks and food and started taking.
Their waitress walked out to their table and told Angel her son and his dad were inside.
   She walked and started talking with them.
Tasha pulled Gibson aside for a moment.
"You looked worried when you saw her walk in there, why?", She asked.
"Angel is my little sister, I worry is all," Gibson replied.
"I see," Tasha replied.
    Tasha walked in to use the restroom and Gibson headed back to the table.
Two men walked up to him as he walked back.
"It's federal agent man, come to take out our community trash," the first man said.
Tasha sat down at the table.
"You think we should help him?", She asked.
    Harrison looked up to notice Angel walking up behind them.
"No, they've got it," Harrison replied.
Gibson turned to face them, noticing where Angel was.
"Thanks for the compliment fellas, but you're out of your league," Gibson replied.
   The leader clicked a nightstick and charged him.
Gibson ducked throwing his shoulder into the man's stomach and threw him back first to the ground.
The second man swung at Angel.
She quickly blocked his punch.
   The man fell stunned for a moment and then drew a knife and lunged towards her.
Angel quickly grabbed his wrist and disarmed him, throwing him to the ground.
The other man drew a gun.
Gibson drew and killed him, while Angel cuffed and helped the other man up.
Campus cops pulled into the parking lot and the men were handed over them.
    Angel and Gibson filled out the paperwork and headed back over to the table.
Tasha looked impressed with their martial arts skills.
Gibson lit a cigarette and ordered himself and his sister another round.
They finished up and headed back to headquarters.
    Gibson looked at Angel for second.
"I think I am going to the hotel to catch a shower and a rest," he told her.
"Okay, we'll call you if we need you," she responded.
"Sounds good," Gibson replied heading to his car.
     Best Western Hotel Covell Rd Edmond, Oklahoma 10:30pm, Gibson checked in at the desk and was handed his key card.
Gibson unlocked the door to his room and threw his bag on the bed, turning on the TV.
He got out a pair of cacky cargo pants and an Oklahoma State tee shirt.
Pulling out a pair of boxers, he walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower.
   After the shower, he got dressed and laid down in front of the TV.
He had turned the TV to ESPN so he could catch up on the latest scores and highlights from the NFL and NBA.
He slowly began to drift away into sleep.
It had been two days since he'd last slept, it was the curse of his work addiction.
    The next morning, he was awakened by a knock on his door.
He got up and opened the door.
Tasha greeted him at the door.
"What's up?", Gibson asked her.
"I thought you might want to talk about last night," she responded.
"Naw, I am not really a share my feelings kind of a person, but thanks," Gibson replied.
They finished up and headed to headquarters.