7.

the older woo watched lee jun — ho and her younger sister, who were sitting on the same side of the table. the lee boy seemingly enjoyed the younger's presence. seon — young felt a knot in stomach, however, the woo girl ignored it. 

" unnie, have you tried the gimbap? " the woo child asked her zoning out sister. a soft laugh erupts from her lips, the corners of her mouth tugging into a small smile, " it's very good. " seon — young reached out her chopsticks, trapping a slice of gimbap between, and popped it into her mouth. a hum gives woo young — woo a signal that she, too, liked it. 

" how's your cheek? " the older woo turned her attention to the choi, who was eating a piece of gimbap. she sighed, squeezing the plastic water bottle tightly between her fingers. a sigh erupts from the woo's lips. " let's not talk about that, " 

choi let out a nervous laugh and changed the conversation's topic. 

—————— (after mr. park's trial. this is seon — young's attempted murder case) 

" witness, you may testify, " the judge said. 

said person stood up shakily, breathing out a breathy sigh. han ji — su, the victim, read the oath and sat down. " attorney woo, maybe you should question her, " seon — young nodded before standing up. 

" ms. han, my name is woo seon — young, and i'm your attorney. " the han hummed shyly. 

seon — young inhaled, " what time was this attack? " ji — su fiddled with her fingers nervously, breathing out hastily. " at around maybe 9:00 pm, " 

" this was the knife the defendant used, correct? " the woo asked, pointing at a picture of a knife on the screen. the han nodded vigorously. 

" objection! " the defendant's lawyer shouted, however, their ridiculous objection was overruled due to incorrect knowledge of the law. 

seon — young pointed at another image on the screen. there were body parts, bruised, and covered with deep looking cuts. she turned her head back at the victim. " these were the caused injuries, correct? " han once again nodded. 

" as shown, " she started, looking at the jury. " these cuts were caused by wielding of the knife, and these bruises were caused by physical abuse, " she then turned back to ji — su. " what were you doing at the time of the incident? " 

" my mom told me to go to the convenience store. and that's when he showed up. he was telling me to give my wallet. but i refused, so he beat me up." the older woo gave a short hum, nodding. 

" so it was supposed to only be robbery, however, because you refused, h— " 

" objection, leading! " one of the defendant's attorneys exclaimed. 

" overruled, " the jury replied curtly. the said attorney fell back into his seat, fuming with anger. 

seon — young sighed. " that is all, " she bowed at trotted back into her seat. jung gave her a thumbs up, seon — young smiled.