chapter 2

At breakfast table I told grandma everything about my dream and the wound in my knees but she shrugged it away by saying I must have hit it somewhere in my sleep and I didn't believe her. When I looked closely at her she was a little worried. She even asked details about the wolf and the place.

"Don't worry, its just a dream" she assured me and I sighed.

"Celeste, I want to talk to you about something. I know I am asking for too much but I want to leave you in good hands before I leave.." she looked sad.

"Grandma you are not going anywhere" I lied more to myself, she smiled sadly at me but didn't say anything.

"I want you to give a chance to Ivor, he is a good guy. And I know he would take care of you" she said and I shut my eyes exhausted.

"Grandma... I don't know" I said.

"Just embrace this life, I don't want you in trouble" what she said I couldn't understand. She sometimes talk like this in riddles.

"Grandma" I said again.

"Just promise me you will give him a chance and if you don't feel anything then you can do whatever you want I won't even ask you again" she said and that seemed like a good deal so I nodded. She looked happy after that.

Then I left for the office, the whole day spent with me working and supervising Daryl. He is very helpful at times when he wants to, he is also doing English major and wants to be a writer.

At lunch I asked Ivor to have lunch with me, I just wanted to give him a chance. Maybe he is the one! I thought. But the whole time he was just talking about work and would touch my hands, arms or face. It was uncomfortable but I decided to let it go trying to tell myself that its normal for couples to act like this.

After lunch I pursued my work and at 5 I was done. Tomorrow was Friday so Ivor asked me for a date and I accepted begrudgingly. I already know what I would decide in few days.

Tonight I didn't had any dreams but Grandma seems quiet since yesterday. I even asked her if she is alright but she just smiled and shrug it away as nothing. I slept with her in her room and I noticed the flower pot that she keeps in her room at the window looks like it would wilt anytime. I watered it and then looked down from the window at the garden, grandma's garden. It also seemed like it's not taken care for days. I decided I would water them in the morning. It unlike her to not take care of her garden. Since childhood I have seen her the most happy and peaceful around plants. She even had a flower shop but we had to close the shop because of her illness.

Before going to office next day I watered the garden and cleaned tje place. Then I got ready and wore a dress because I will go with Ivor on our 'date' straight from the office. I am already regretting saying yes to the date.

But thankfully he took me to watch a movie which require less talking so I was fine. His arm was on my seat back and his other hand was holding my hand. I don't like when he touch me, I feel like I am doing something wrong.

After movie he took me to a restaurant and we ordered our food.

"Celeste I know you don't like me like that.." this is the first time he is admitting it infront of me.

"But just give it a chance, I really like you. I mean we know each other for half of our lives. It's not a bad deal right, we won't have problems. I want someone like you as my wife sweet, innocent and pretty" he smiled dreamily at me. At this moment he seemed pretty selfish to me, he was only thinking about him. If obly he wouldn't have force this all on me...

"Ivor we are good friends and I don't want to complicate things between us because of a forced relationship. I don't want to loose a friend. It's not necessary that good friends can be a good husband or wife" I showed him the reality but he just shrugged it away as if I just spitted rubbish. After that I didn't talk to him because he always does that only say his part and would not want to listen mine.

He dropped me back at my home, he also picked me up in the morning so my car was in my garage. I said goodbye and went inside without waiting for his reply. I was pissed at him. When grandma asked about the night I told her everything, she also didn't look happy but then she didn't talk about it anymore.

I went to my room to read something so I will calm myself down. After reading I slept in my room because I didn't want to leave my bed. I didn't had any dream today which was unusual. When I woke up I was feeling empty and my mood was soured. I spent weekend with grandma and took her to hospital for her weekly check ups and doctors told me she doesn't have much time.

It's a mystery what is eating grandma, doctors don't know what is happening to her but day by day she is getting frail. It's like something is eating her alive from inside. That's why there is no special treatment for her which is why I am so scared and helpless. The doctors only say that her organs are going to fail any moment now. Her one kidney has already stopped working. May be its because of old age but she was very active her whole life.

There are few time where she will have seizures, in the beginning I would get so terrified but then it came often and I couldn't do anything about them. I just sit by her and wait for them to go because no medicine work on her which is weird. I always cry when she get those fits because I feel so alone and helpless. It's so painful to watch you dear one's in pain, mostly when you know that you can do nothing about it to help them. After fits she will go to a long sleep which last for 24 hours mostly.

I just hope I don't lose her because apart from her I don't have anyone. Not a single soul! I don't know what I will do if she leaves me behind.