chapter 24

As we reached the doors of the Fort, guards immediately opened the door for us and bowed their heads in respect not meeting our eyes. Some had a smile on their faces when they saw me as if they were happy to have their Luna back. I smiled back at them and nodded a little.

Alvan didn't wait longer and ran towards the main Palace. As we reached in front of the main door I saw many people gathered in front of the Palace in rows as if to welcome us. Ruth and Cassandra were at the front. Cassie has a big smile on her face when she saw me. She has Adrian in her arms who babbled incoherently as he saw me. Oh how much I missed them! Lola and Farell were also there both equally excited. I realized none of the Witches was there. But most of the werewolves were and I feel like they have accepted me now that their alpha has.

I hopped down Alvan and fished out his clothes, he took them in his snout and nuzzled into my neck one last time Before sprinting into trees. Cassandra didn't want after that as she ran towards me with Adrian and embraced me.

"I missed you, Luna. I was very upset that you left but I know that you had a good reason behind that so I won't say anything to you" she said and stepped away with a beaming smile. I saw Adrian moving his hands towards me as if wants me to pick him up.

"I missed you Adrian and I hope you haven't troubled your, mommy, right?" I cooed at him as he giggled making my heart melt. Then Ruth, Lola and Farell stepped towards me

"Welcome back Luna," said Ruth with a small smile. He is alike alpha in so many ways but still, my mate held a superior air that makes him different from anyone else maybe uts because he is my mate or maybe he truly is different.

"Thank you" I smiled back. Lola hugged me as well and welcomed me, Farell also greeted me. Then I felt someone come behind me and put their hand on my back. I instantly knew whose touch it is and who will have the audacity to touch their Alpha mate other than Alpha himself.

"Alpha" beta nodded his head and bowed his head a little. Atticus also nodded his head but didn't say anything. Adrian was still in my hands and was playing with my hair, the red colour intriguing him too as it does to everyone else here.

"I hereby announce that tomorrow will be our mating ceremony and I want everyone to start preparing from now. I want it to be perfect for my mate, any mistake and you will bear the consequences" he said in his hard yet firm voice. The air of authority that I haven't seen for a few days is back. This means that he only did that for me and his that side is only reserved for me. I blushed hard as he step a little more towards me but still not that close. He leaned towards me as he whispered lightly.

"I am going to see to some business until then be good and stay out of trouble" he was teasing me because when I looked at him he was smirking a little but that smirk was gone the next moment he turned towards his gamma and Beta.

"I am leaving my mate in your care" there was a hidden warning behind his words as he looked at both Cassandra and Lola, they both gulped in fear and nodded. I wanted to scold him for scaring my only two friends here but I won't do that in front of everyone.

"Yes Alpha," they both said. He looked towards me one more time and then looked at Adrian who was still playing with my hair, he sighed a little and I saw an unknown emotion in his eyes but then before I could decipher he turned around and went away with Ruth and Farell. All the other people also scatter away and I could see distress and excitement on their faces as they began to work for the upcoming ceremony.

"I can't believe you are going to be our queen officially" gushed Cassandra.

"Let's go we have so much work to do, we have a dress to decide after all you are our Luna and you deserve the best of the best" she said as she took Adrian from my arms and gave him to Lola who happily obliged. She then pushed me with her inside towards the second floor. Adrian and Lola were close behind us.