chapter 6

The next time when I woke up I was on the bed and delicious scent of food wafted through the air. My stomach growled instantly, I opened my eyes and sat up. I saw the girl from before standing infront of the window, Cassandra. When she saw me move she immediately rush towards me.

"Thank God, you are awake. Here eat, you must be hungry" she said as she placed the tray of the food infront of me. I looked at her curiously, she gave me a confused look.

"Who are you people?" I asked her. If I am right then the man that I saw before fainting is a Werewolf and maybe Cassandra too. But what I can't digest is the fact that werewolf exist but at this point I don't thing it should be shocking. I am in a whole different realm, a magical realm. My grandmother was a ... witch or some other magical being. My whole life was a lie! I just wish that these people won't hurt me and I decided that I want to go back.

I thought maybe the life would be better here but no...!

"We are werewolves" she said and looked a little concerned, carefully gauging me reaction.

"You won't hurt me, right?" I asked the only thing that seemed necessary to me right now. She looked as if I have hurt her feelings.

"No.. never Luna. None of us will even think to hurt you or if someone tried to they will meet the Alpha's wrath and believe me nobody wants that" she said as she shuddered in fear as if recalling something from the past

"Alpha?" I asked, I don't know why she use these words Alpha, Luna..!

"I apologize, I know you are a human. We have never seen one before and I keep forgetting that you don't know of our existence" she sighed as if scolding herself.

"I will tell you everything but first you have to eat, you look so pale and weak" she said and gave me a little firm look but I can tell she is trying hard to be stern. I obliged mostly because my stomach is hurting at this point.

First I drank whole glass of water and still felt thirsty. She filled another glass water for me when she sensed that I needed more. There was a pitcher of the water on the side table.

"Thank you" I said and start eating the food. It was something I have never seen before some sort of rice or I don't know but they were delicious. In a matter of seconds I was done with the food. She smiled at me as if she is happy with me for finishing my food.

"OK so I will start with the ... uhm start" she started.

"But first of all tell me how you came here, I mean no human has ever came here before... so its surprising for all of us and everyone in the pack is excited to see a human" she said and shake her head at the end.

"I .... uhm I don't know how I came here" I lied to her because I remembered grandma telling me not to give away the location of the portal so I acted as if I don't remember how I came here. She looked skeptical for a second but then she gave me a look of pity.

"Oh I am so sorry, someone might have done somthing to you that's why you can't recall coming here. You are from the human world right?" She asked just to be sure. I nodded!

"Okay now its my turn, I will tell you everything but if you feel like it's too much just tell me to stop. I speak too much my mate always tell me that I speak alot and don't know when to stop... and I am rambling again" she scoffed at herself, I smiled lightly at her. I already like her she might be potential friend in here and I think I can trust her. Even if it's too soon to trust anyone.

"Okay first of all you are in the Magical Realm, our world. There are all sorts of magical creature here which you must have heard only in stories Vampires, Werewolves, Elfs,  Fae, Witches, Giants, Dwarfs, demons and so many other creatures. I know this because few elders went to your world and we have heard stories of your world from them, and how you guys think of our existence." She said, yes we humans thinks those creatures are just fictional and they don't exist but how wrong we were.

And knowing that I am alone in that world only one of my kind in whole realm. I shivered in fear, I am powerless infront of them I don't think I can ever have a chance if they turn against me.

"There are different Kings and Queens in our realm, the king of werewolf is our Alpha, we call him Alpha King or Alpha. He is the leader of our race, all werewolves bow to him" she said and there was a hint of proud behind her words.

"You are staying in Alpha's wing right now, no one came here only few of the high ranked people are allowed here" she told me.

"The man I saw before that golden eyed man, is he the Alpha king?" I asked her.

"Yes he is! Alpha Atticus Alvan Cornelius" she told me, there was respect in her eyes for that man so it means he is a good leader.

"You said only high ranks are allowed to come here, are you...?" I didn't complete my sentence. If she is high rank so I must respect her too and not offend her in anyway because I don't know where else to go until I find someone who will help me to open the portal.

"Yes I am Beta's Mate, Beta is the second in command after the Alpha so that's makes me Beta female" she smiled fondly at the name of her beta..

"What's Mate?" I asked, in our world mate is like an other name for friend but from her shyness I can tell the meaning is different here.

"Mate is like the other part of you, uhm... like a soulmate. Every wolf has a mate, their other part. Everyone is assigned a mate at their birth by the God and later in life when they met they can recognize each other by looking in their eyes or by their scent. Everyone has their specific scent which only your mate can recognize. Werewolves are so protective of their mates especially the males. It is the most beautiful bond and the most sad one too" she breathed out.

"Sad? How?" I asked, I was getting more comfortable with her now.

"When one mate dies the pain is so unbearable that the other living mate can't endure it and they follow their mate shortly after. Mates can sense each other pain and all other emotions. They can even communicate with each other through mind link" she told me.

It made me sad but another feeling also bloomed inside me. A longing feeling of having something like that for me too someone who will only love me, who won't cheat on me, whose whole existence would be for me and I for him but I am no werewolf. I am a mere human! I sighed.

"You are lucky to have a mate, to have someone who would always be loyal to you" I said as I smile sadly at her. She gave me a look as if I am crazy.

"Why are you saying it like .....oh no" she gasped as she looked at me.

"That's understandable you are human and it's the first time something like this has happend... a werewolf having a human mate" she said and I looked at her still not understanding what she is on about.

"You still don't understand?" She asked me with a light huff but then she grinned widely at me.

"You are our Luna, Luna is someone who is Alpha's mate" she said and I still looked at her as if not understanding what she is saying but then I gasped in shock.

"No" I whispered.

"Yes! You are our Luna Queen and Alpha Atticus's mate. The strongest king of our realm" she told me and I froze.