chapter 17

I felt tears running down my cheeks as I was running towards the woods, I was too far away from the castle and no one followed after me not even my mate. I only stopped when I sensed someone standing infront of me.

A man with green eyes smirking at me, he was wearing a long black coat, he was in all black attire. He was the perfect definition of tall, dark and handsome. He had striking features that makes you speechless.

I have never seen a man so beautiful but not more than Alpha even though he has a scar on his face but there is another level of perfection in him that always draw me to him.

"Are you lost, princess" he stated as he gazed at me trying to take me in. His eyes were shining brightly when he sniffed. His eyes closed on its own accord as a low groan came out of his mouth.

Wait.... no that can't be... it's that same dream I saw few nights ago. He is the same man I saw in that dream and everything is happening the same way as it did in that dream. Does that mean what o saw was glimpse of future?

"What are you? I can't sense magic on you, you are not one of us. What are you then? You smell delicious" He said with inquisitiveness as he took few steps towards me. I was frozen at my place, my limbs not helping me either. He leaned towards my neck and breathed in my scent.

I try to move my limbs but they were frozen, it's as if I can't move just like my dream.

"Human" he groaned and his eyes shoned more brightly as he took in my scent. Then he steps back and I gasped at him when I saw two fangs emerging from his mouth. He is a Vampire!

"I have heard human blood is something out of world but I haven't had the pleasure to see it for myself but now that you are here, can I have a taste?" He whispered lightly as he looked in my eyes, his gaze soften as he eyed me. I shook me head in no immediately but too bad he wasn't asking.

"Stay away from me" I whispered lightly at which a chuckle escape from his lips. He was getting amused at my pathetic state.

"Please " he begged and there was something in his voice that made me shiver. He wasn't pleading, he was mocking me.

I so wanted to run away and I know I can, my limbs are free now but there is something else that is bot letting me move. If that's how I am going to die then so be it. At least Alpha would be happy.

He didn't wait after that as he gripped both of my arms and leaned on my neck then I heard an agonising scream, but a moment later I realized it was my own scream because of sheer pain. He bit me and now he is lapping on my blood like a starved men. The pain was so much that for a moment I thought I am going to die.

"Delicious" he moaned lightly in my ear but then went back to drinking my blood. I was feeling dizzy by every passing moment. I can see blackness in front of me but then he left me and gently placed me down on the ground. He tucked my hairs back and looked at both sides of my neck an breathed in relief.

"You are not claimed that means I can have you" he said as he caressed my cheeks and then pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped off the blood from the wound that he had given me. I groaned in pain at the sensation.

"Sshh it's alright, you are fine. I stopped myself from going too far. I will take you with me and will finish what I started" he licked his lips as he looked at my blood on the handkerchief.

He was about to pick me up when I heard a howl from my mate nearby, I don't know how I know but ut is my mate's, the vampire stiffens at the howl and immediately put me down. He put the handkerchief in his pocket as he stood up. He looked at me...

"I will come back for you" he promised and then he vanished in thin air as If he was never there. I was about to close my eyes when I felt two strong arms around me, for a moment I thought the vampire is back but then my mate's voice fell in to my ears.

"Celeste... open your eyes Love... what happened?" His face was etched with worry and he was panting as if he came running here.

"It was that green... eyed man... the vampire ..the one I saw in my dream.." I stuttered at which he immediately stiffens and his face turned hard.

"Tell everyone to be alert, its Cyrus" he shifted at someone behind us.

"Yes Alpha" came Ruth voice.

"I want those guards who were at patrol. right now!" he growled as he picked me up and clutched me to his chest as if he doesn't want to let me go. He start jogging towards the Fort and I closed my eyes in pain.

"What happened Alpha?" It was Eleanor's voice but I didn't open my eyes.

"Cyrus was here, he attacked my mate" he growled loudly and I heard few gasps from all around us.

"Call the healer, Now" he shouted at someone.

"I will put the barrier around the walls, Alpha" said Eleanor and he hummed at her then start walking again, after that I lost my consciousness not really wanted to stay awake.