chapter 20

"Celeste" a voice called me and I was too scared to turn around. I think I am hallucinating there is no way he will come here.

"Celeste" he called again but I stayed in my place looking ahead of me. From beside me Daryl turned around and looked at him.

"Do you now him?" Daryl asked me and I realized that he really is there behind me. I slowly turned around and looked at him. He was wearing his white shirt and black pants, that he usually wears. But today he was wearing a royal blue velvet jacket with golden embroidery on its collar and sleeves. It was his royal attire.

"Why are you here?" I asked him as I looked straight at him with no emotions. He sighed at me, his face looked sorry yet a little angry.

"Keep your hands off of her if you want them intact" he growled lowly and I realized Daryl arm is still around my shoulder.

"Hey man! Chill ... I am her friend" Daryl said as he pulled his arm away and stood a good step away from me.

"You didn't tell me you have a boyfriend?" Daryl whisper yelled which I am sure is audible to Atticus as well because the next moment his face turned sterned.

"Tell him to leave or help me God what I will do with him" Atticus demanded. I took a deep breath and then looked at Daryl who looked confused as hell.

"Daryl thank you for dropping me back but you can go now." I tried to be as polite as I can, I don't want Atticus to harm Daryl in any way. Cassandra did told me that werewolves are protective of their wolves and I know how much Alvan cares for me.

"Uhmm.. alright but call me if you need anything" Daryl said.

"I assure you she won't need anyone's help especially not yours" Atticus was glaring daggers at Daryl who gulped loudly. He was intimidating him... After saying bye to me Daryl went off.

I rolled my eyes at Atticus who was still glaring at the place where Daryl was even after he has gone. I walked inside my house and sat down on the kitchen counter as I drank some water. I heard heavy foot steps behind me until he was too close to me and I was engulfed with his alluring scent.

"Why did you leave? Do you know how dangerous it was for you.. you could have died" he said.

"You didn't wanted me, you made it pretty clear so don't say that it bothered you." I retort back.

"I told you, you were not allowed to leave" he got a little angry which pissed me off. I stood up and with force I threw the glass on the floor as it shattered in to pieces. I then turned around to look at him, he was taken aback.

"Who do you think you are huh?" I said as I pushed him back.

"Since the day I met you, you have only given me pain. You had ignored me, hurt me and made me feel stupid plenty of times. I know I am human and I am not perfect for you but I didn't ask any of this. I didn't even know of your existence even before that. All of this is new to me but still I tried to accept it but you... you broke my hope of ever having a home where I would belong to" I yelled at him.

"If it was for me I would have broken the mate bond by now but unfortunately it's not possible but I am sure you will find a way with the help of your Queen to be" I taunted him. He was silently listening to me but then he took two steps towards me until he was too close to me. He held me by my arms and pulled me towards himself until I was eye to eye with him.

"Do you think I wanted to hurt you? Really? I know I was doing a poor job at being a mate but what else can I do. I had my reasons... I don't care if you are human or not. I ...I... was scared ... that I am not good ... enough for you and that you will leave me." He looked so broken when he said that

"If it were upto me I would have claimed you Since long ago but I couldn't because I was giving you some space. I was staying away from you because I couldn't control my wolf around you. He wanted to claim as soon as we saw you but I knew that you weren't ready. You wouldn't have been able to bear the pain of the mark... it's intense for wolves but for human it's lethal. I was scared that I would lose you. I want you and only you, if anyone will be my queen it would be you. Eleanor was never my choice" he said with finality.

"Look at me..." He said.

"I am scarred and look at you... you are beautiful like a fairy. I am imperfect and you are ... perfect" he smiled sadly as he gazed at me.

"Atticus.. no .. you are not imperfect... see yourself from my eyes and you will realize how perfect you are. You know what I like the most about you..." I asked as I smiled lightly at him. I grazed my fingers on his scar, he closed his eyes at my touch.

"This! I never thought that you are not good enough for me. You are the most perfect man I had ever met in my life and nothing can change that. This scar .. it makes you stronger. It means that you had fought and survived" at that his eyes opened.

"You like me?" He asked still unsure. I chuckled at that..

"I like you Atticus more than I have ever liked someone and I am ready for whatever life throws at us if you are with me. I don't know how and when it happens but you have become a part of me. Maybe it's the mate bond but I believe it is more than that. You remind me of home, a safe place" I said.

"You will come with me?" He asked me as he grabbed my hands in his. His eyes hopeful.

"I... I don't know ... Atticus. You need a powerful queen who will stand by you and I am mere human." I said not to degrade myself but it's the truth.

"I don't care if you have powers or not... I was being an idiot when I said that. I just wanted to keep myself away from you and I sputtered bullshit. I thought I was protecting you from myself but I was the one who was hurting you the most. Please come with me, my people need you and most importantly I need you. If you are with me I will fight every battle and will win because I will know that I have a mate waiting for me back home" he smiled a little.

"But.." I started.

"Please... if you want some time. I will give it to you but we both know that we can't live away from each other. The pain you felt last night was because we were far apart from each other and haven't mated yet. That pain could have killed both of us, if I haven't stepped in this world. I followed your scent until I reached here" he told me. So that why I was in pain! I sighed.

"Can we stay here for few days?" I asked him at which he nodded.

"As long as you want" he smiled and kissed my forehead.