Chapter 15

After the clusterfuck that was the end of the tournament; hadley happily gave away the reward money to the weasley twins. While she was in no way fond of the youngest two weasels, the twins had always been different. She thought of them as friends and considered them comrades in chaos. She knew they'd be a hit with their jokeshop and insisted on helping them achieve that dream.

Thankfully, the tournament ended as the school year ended, so she was able to simply go home to heal and recover away from the drama that was enfolding in the aftermath. The comfort of being home with her family didnt last for very long, as her dad was abducted in a weapons deal gone wrong. There were countless searches conducted, but nothing came from them.

The elite were determined to help as much as they could and constantly wrote to or visited her over the break. The lupin-black family even chose to take a break from the uk and joined the remaining starks in california. Sirius' cousin nymphadora (tonks) joined them, both as a vacation for herself and because (as the couples surrogate) she kind of had to.

This only helped hadley more, as she loved said aunt and was thrilled to be getting another cousin. Draco was equally as enthusiastic himself to be a big brother. Hadley made it her mission to teach him all the things he 'had' to know about the role of older sibling. That meant the rules, responsibilities and dos and donts of it all.

Hadley also spent the break venting her feelings through her art, which lead to a lot more dark, upsetting paintings cluttering up a far corner of her room. Luckily, with the steadfast attention and effort of the starks, lupin-blacks, and elite there were just as many light, optimistic paintings as well. Though, none of it erased the constant sadness and fear that she held for the state of her dad.