Chapter 1

When sirius black gave tony stark his daughter, explaining what had happened, he had never been more thankful for the man. Luckily rhodey had already left, so tony didnt have to worry about explaining everything to his friend.

Tony lay hadley in her crib so she could get some rest while he cleaned up the house a bit. He then decided that the two would go shopping tomorrow, so his house would be stocked up with anything his little girl might need. Still until then, he'd need sleep.

Tony woke to hear his baby's tearful whimpering from her room and rushed to her side. "Shh, daddy's here, daddy's here, you're ok." He headed to the kitchen, taking note of what he'd need to get that day and made quick work of making strawberry banana smoothies for the two of them.

Once they ate breakfast they headed back to Hadley's room to get her clean and ready for the day. He cleaned her face and hands, changed her diaper, got her dressed and even did her hair. Her hair wasn't that long so the most he did was tie it up and put a bow on her but still it counts.

    Once his daughter was dressed he got himself ready and made sure that the diaper bag was packed up with diapers, wipes, a bottle, a blanket, pacifiers, some baby snacks, and an extra pair of clothes

Once his daughter was dressed he got himself ready and made sure that the diaper bag was packed up with diapers, wipes, a bottle, a blanket, pacifiers, some baby snacks, and an extra pair of clothes...just in case. Then the pair headed out in Tony's safest car, that already had a carseat for her.

Tony figured he'd go to target to get his shopping done. I mean why not?
Tony decided to disguise himself to spare the trouble of risking someone hurting or scaring hadley. Surprisingly enough no one did seem to recognize him through his crappy disguise. I mean why would tony stark go to target much less dressed in a hoodie and sunglasses?

 I mean why would tony stark go to target much less dressed in a hoodie and sunglasses?

Once they got there tony made sure to get everything he'd need, in high quantities. The only person who actually saw who he was was the person scanning his items. When she looked at him in shock he smirked, putting his finger to his lips in a universal "shh."

Then on the way out of the store they were stopped by a group of teenage girls who were cooing at hadley. Once they left, thankfully not noticing tony, he packed up the groceries and headed home. When he got home, tony didnt notice the extra car in his driveway.

Rhodey stood to his feet when he heard the door open, but stopped short when he saw his best friend. His eyes went from tony, to the baby, to the grocery bags of baby items, then back to the baby who seemed perfectly natural in tony's arms. Tony stopped dead in his tracks, staring at rhodey like a deer in the headlights.

"Uh...hi?" Tony spoke sheepishly as he passed by, setting the groceries on the kitchen counter and crossing into the livingroom to set hadley in her baby swing. "Seriously tony? Hi? That's all you can say? Who is that baby? Why is she here?" Rhodey crossed his arms, waiting for tony's reply.

"Rhodey meet hadley noelle potter- stark. My daughter, your goddaughter. Her mom and other dad died last night, so I'm going to be raising her on my own from now on." Rhodey blinked slowly, gaping at tony. "How old is she? Are even responsible enough to raise a child?"

"She is 15 months old, her birthday is July 31, and I've been there for them since her mother first got pregnant. You remember lily? Well, her husband couldn't have kids so they asked for my help. Then last night, they were killed. So now I'm raising her by myself."

Rhodey was speechless but vowed to help tony, both with raising hadley and protecting her from the paparazzi for as long as possible. He knew how much of a struggle life was for tony, always being in the spotlight. He didnt want that to have to ever happen to his goddaughter.

Relieved with rhodey's apparently positive reaction, tony asked for his help unloading the groceries. After that was done tony explained more in-depth about the situation and what had happened. Rhodey immediately stated that he would be there to help tony with hadley whenever he might need it.

And so rhodey finally learned of his godfather status, and became the first person on Tony's side to know of the existence of one hadley noelle stark.