Chapter 10

Hadley and the elite were making good progress on their animal transformations. Over the span of about a month they had mostly completed the task. They just had to do the 'spirit walk' to discover their animal and then continue to practice shifting into it, but then they were done. It was hard, and time consuming, but it took Hadley's mind off of everything else that was happening.

Once they had all completed their own transformations, they came up with appropriate nicknames. Hadley was the one to come up with the idea for their nicknames to be of disney characters based upon what animal they were. It was actually pretty ingenious. Purebloods wouldnt know what they were talking about until the muggle studies proffesor got to that subject.

The only people who would get the reference would be the halfbloods and muggleborns. Even then, it would be unlikely that they would know the real meaning behind the nicknames. They were all quite happy with them though. Paddington was hermione, mushu was draco, roo was lyra, luna was thumper, parker was bolt, jace was maximus, and hadley was bambi.

While the elite was occupied with the animagus situation, remus and the order was trying to track down the horcruxes. So far, they had found and destroyed the diary(duh), ravenclaw's diadem, and the gaunt ring. They were more interested in finding a way to safely remove the horecrux that was inside hadley then finding the others.

That was when hadley remembered. If dementors sense nearby souls to suck out, would that mean they would know hadley carried two souls? And if they did, could that mean a dementor could remove the bad soul without harming the good one? After extensive research on hermione and remus' parts, they found it to be highly plausible.

After remus and sirius discussed to idea, they broached it with pepper, Tony, and happy. They weren't going to even attempt it without their consent. Once they all agreed, they got permission from the ministry and began the slow process. All that needed to happen was for the dementor to kiss her forehead, where the lightning scar sat.

Something that amused hadley, was -for some reason- people had thought her lightning scar was a simple jagged line (like⚡). In all actuality, it was a much more realistic lightning strike image. Just as planned, they got the dementor and removed the horecrux. The side effect was that it had rooted itself in her mind and took a few weeks for her to heal from.

Now all they had to do was eliminate the snake, a hufflepuff artifact, and a slytherin artifact before they could finally take the dork lord down. While the order members worked hard on narrowing down their searching, the elite members enjoyed finally being allowed permission to go to the village of hogsmeade.

On one of the trips, they found a small, fairly unknown -and therefore calm- place called 'the bitter-sweet meadow'. It was run by the three named Nadine Bitter, Jasper Sweet, and Shilo Meadow. Nadine and Jasper are soulmates and Jasper's older brother Jamie is the soulmate of Shilo. The cafe-esque place soon became their favorite.

It was modeled to be as comfortable and aesthetically pleasing as it could be. It had a pastel color scheme and was half library and half bakery with bean bag chairs and a hammock in the library corner for relaxation. There was also always some kind of quiet volumed music playing. It was very much the elite's happy place.

Shilo, jasper, and nadine grew to expect the group's arrival and always had fresh hot chocolate and cookies ready for them when they got there. The elite usually went there to study for upcoming tests or just to relax. The group's favorite pastime was imagining the different ways they could meet their soulmates.

They speculated on who would talk first, what their rection would be, and what the situation behind the words are. Whenever they did this, draco and hermione would wonder off to go on their own little dates. This time, the two did just that, and the others sat on beanbags or the hammock and got comfortable.

Jace was off at quidditch practice, so it was only lyra, parker, luna, and hadley. Lyra spoke first. "So his/her/their first words to me are spoken in a self-deprecating tone. Said words being; 'No, I'm too old for you! You deserve better!' Like dude, you're my soulmate, can't do better than you." She said in a sarcastic manner of tone.

Parker snorted. "Anyways. My new plan is to tackle him, then he won't be able to even try to run." She smirked as her brother and friends laughed. "Well, given the sentence my soulmate says; I speak first and its to compliment them." Luna smiled. The others smiled at her, unsuprised by such an action coming from her.

Parker sat forward, catching their attention. "My soulmate knows the pain of having a sibling, so thats good." Lyra rolled her eyes and luna and hadley chuckled. Hadley tensed when she felt lyra, parker, and luna's eyes on her. "What?" She asked. "C'mon you know what." Parker said. "Tell us what your soulmate words are!"

Lyra begged. "You've only told hermione and -by extention- draco." Luna said softly, looking... well guilty for guilt tripping her. Hadley bit her lip. "Well, I've known hermione since we were babies, we have a little closer of a bond." She then sighed and nodded. "I have two soulmates, same as my dad."

The group looked amazed. "One mark is on my left shoulder blade and says 'shit! You're dad's gonna kill me!'. The other is on the right side of my ribs and says 'woah! You're a total badass!'." Hadley continued. "Thats really cool! And pretty funny." Parker smiled reassuringly at her. Draco and hermione then entered the cafe.

"Hey guys! Lee just told us about her soulmarks." Lyra greeted them. Draco smiled. "Oh, yeah. Isnt it so cool!" The others nodded in agreement. "Dad and pops don't like what the first mark is, but there's nothing they can do about it, so..." hadley trailed off as hermione laughed imagining them meeting this person.

The group then stood and left the cafe, telling shilo, nadine, and Jasper 'bye' as they headed up to the quidditch pitch to collect the final member of their group. This year had them dealing with horecruxes, hadley had a feeling that next year would just be even worse.