Chapter 3

Hadley awoke on her 11th birthday full of excitement. She got out of bed, stretching and going to her bathroom to brush her teeth. After that she got herself dressed and did her hair. She grabbed her favorite necklace, bracelet, and ring and quickly slipped them on.

After she was ready, she made her bed up and made sure her room was clean. Once hadley was satisfied with it all she turned, skipping down the hall and downstairs to the kitchen for a breakfast of biscuits and gravy.

"Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?" Pepper set a plate of food in front of hadley, bending down to press a kiss on top of the girls head. Hadley smiled. "Good, thanks mom." Happy and Tony entered the kitchen dropping kisses to Hadley's head as they passed.

"Happy birthday honey." Hadley finished her breakfast before speaking. "Thanks dad, pops." She then stood, put her dishes in the sink, and went to the livingroom. Hadley walked over to a bookshelf and pulled out the book she was currently reading.

The fault in our stars was a bit below her reading level but it was a good book to read regardless. After her parents finished eating they joined her in the living room to open presents. Hadley was about to open the first one when there was a knock on the door. Hadley set the box down and went to answer it.

She opened the door to a very grandmotherly woman wearing a dark green dress robe. "Hi, are you from hogwarts?" Hadley asked rather bluntly. The woman coughed awkwardly. "Hello hadley, I am professor minerva mcgonagall. Is your father home?" Hadley smirked. "Mom, Dad, Pops, Minnie's here!"

Minerva sighed. This was to be expected what with being the child of lily potter and tony stark. It would have been expected of either one of them to have such a sassy and sarcastic child. Them having a child together meant double the grief.

The trio joined their girl at the door and invited the woman inside. Minerva handed hadley her letter and prepared herself for the questions the child would no doubt have for her. "Minnie, what's a familiar?" Minerva smiled.

"It is when a witch or wizard finds an animal that they feel a strong connection to. Some have more than one. Due to the special connection they have, you are allowed to bring your familier or familiers to hogwarts regardless of species or amount."

"Can we get my school shopping done now? I mean, it would be easier to do now when there's no large crowds to get through and all, right?" The adults agreed so minerva summoned a portkey and they were off.

There first stop after gringotts was ollivanders wand shop. The man was a bit creepy in hadley and her parents view. Nonetheless the politely told him that they were there to get hadley's wand. So they began the search.

It was the fifth wand they had tried that proved to be the one. "Black Willowroot wood, pheonix feather core, 12 ½ inches, flexible, good for defense and transfiguration." Ollivander spoke. Hadley carefully set the wand in its box and slipped it into her dress pocket.

The next stop was to tadfoot's trunks and bags. Upon entering the shop Hadley asked if they had backpacks with expandable charms in place. After receiving an affirmative they found one hadley liked and put her initials on it. They also added a lightweight charm to it so it wouldnt be too heavy.

After leaving that shop they headed to Madame Malkin's for uniforms, flourish and blots for books, and a few other shops for a few other things. In the end everything was in the backpack safe and tucked away.

when minerva asked why she got a backpack instead of a trunk, pens and pencils instead of quills, and lined paper instead of parchment, hadley turned to her giving her a look that caused tony to snort amusedly when he saw it.

Hadley rolled her eyes. "Its 2003, not the medieval times." She then turned and walked over to Florian fortesque's ice cream parlor and bought her self some ice cream. Leaving her parents to laugh at mcgonagall's aghast facial expression.

After hadley finished her ice cream the group headed to the magical menagerie. Upon entering the shop hadley felt like something was pulling her in the direction of the back wall of animals. She walked curiously that way.

She followed the pulls to a beagle pup, a blue nose pitbull pup, and something called a niffler. The shopkeeper; a man named liam hess, came to investigate. He clapped merrily upon seeing what was happening.

"I see you've found your familiers then. Here I'll help you." He showed hadley around the store, letting her pick out collars, leashes, food and bowls, carriers, and toys for her familiers. Once they were done with that they packed everything up.

Hadley put the blue collar on the niffler, the pink collar on the beagle, and the purple collar on the pit. She then carefully set the animals in their carrier. She put the other items in her bag and played for everything. When asked about their names she told them. "Tessa is the pit, ash is the niffler, and Charlie is the beagle."

        The group then headed back home to get everything ready

The group then headed back home to get everything ready. After they were done with that, they invited minerva to stay for lunch. Once minerva left they sat down so that hadley could finally open her birthday presents.

Pepper got her a mini Polaroid camera, happy got her an ipod with all her favorite songs downloaded, tony got her the latest phone model (all had been updated to work near magic, as had her watch.) Rhodey got her a new paint set.

'Overall it was a great birthday' hadley thought as she slowly fell asleep to the music playing in her room and her familiers cuddled up around her.