Chapter 8

The week before hadley was set to go back to hogwarts was when her and her parents went to the baby's monthly sonogram to find out its gender. Hadley spent the rest of the day jumping around excitedly, telling her friends about all the things she could teach her little brother about in the future. But, before long, hadley and her friends of 'the elite' were headed back to school.

When she met this year's new defense teacher, hadley immediately knew she would hate him. He was a vain, and egotistical man who clearly liked to embellish the tales of his adventures. Gilderoy lockheart also seemed to have, somehow, gotten it into his dull, thick, skull that hadley wanted his personal advice on 'dealing with fame'. It all annoyed her to no end.

She was eternally thankful that he wouldnt be here longer than the one year. In other news, apparently ron had stolen and drove his fathers flying car to school. Hadley wasn't surprised that the weasel had done something stupid. Hadley was walking back to the dining hall after going to the bathroom when she stopped at the horrid scene. She quickly ran for a teacher.

After the situation of a petrified mrs Norris was dealt with, hadley knew she'd most likely be forced to deal with whatever this new problem was. This was only solidified once she realized she could talk to snakes. Figures, it's the animal she despises like no other. It didnt help that, for some reason, tessa, charlie, and ash have all been on edge since they got back to hogwarts.

Then jace and parker were petrified. Lyra was heartbroken and terrified. Luna also got petrified a few weeks later, which meant 4 of 7 of the elite were stuck in wait for the mandrakes to mature to get the remaining 3 back. As a result, lyra had become quiet and jumpy, and draco had become even more protective than ever before, and that's saying something.

The bond of the elite had always been, with the exception of draco and hermione's relationship, one of siblings. Even if the only ones actually related were jace, lyra, and parker. This meant that the boys were almost ridiculously overprotective of the girls. Draco being the only guy meant he was 20 times worse now, especially when it came to the safety of hermione.

When hadley finally did find out why her familiers were acting so tense, she wished she hadn't. Apparently ginny weasley, the 1st year sister of ronald had somehow gotten her hands on a diary that responded back to you. It had somehow begun to brainwash the girl into doing things, and then forgetting that she did them. As a result the diary was killing ginny to bring itself to life.

The demon then revived an ancient, thought to be extinct, creature that was petrifying people. This meant hadley had to go save the poor girl and stop the basilisk. The weasel seemed to think he and lockheart needed to tag along too. Suprise, suprise, it was a bad idea. Lockheart attempted to obliviate hadley and ronald but used ronald's broken wand and obliviated himself instead.

Ronald then happened to see the molten, dead, skin of the basilisk and promptly fainted. Hadley simply rolled her eyes and continued on with her mission. She finally reached ginny and the diary when a male, slytherin, teen appeared before her. He boasted on and on about how he was killing ginny and then her and would be immortal, with no one to stop him.

Hadley was obviously creeped out about the demon creature that claimed to be the talking diary. She wanted it to end, and tested out a new spell she'd read about. Casting a surprisingly well controlled 'fiendfyre' destroyed the diary, and the boy. When it happened hadley felt a searing pain on her hand, where she'd had a lightning bolt scar for as long as she could remember.

After getting ginny back safely to her family, hadley waited with baited breathe for her friends to be revived. Once that was dealt with, she went home for Christmas break. She got out of the car and ran to her room to put her things away when she heard the door open again. Hadley ran down the hall to the livingroom and, upon seeing who it was, tackled him in a hug.

"Uncle rhodey!" She squealed happily. He, knowing her exceptionally well, informed her that he was going to be spending the break with them, so he could watch her incase pepper went into labor unexpectedly. This was a good plan as, about a week into the break pepper was taken to the hospital at 3 in the morning. So rhodey and hadley waited anxiously at the house.

Apparently the baby boy decided he didnt want to wait any longer to greet his family. Peter Benjamin stark was an adorable baby boy with tufts of brown hair and doe-eyed hazel eyes. He was instantly adored by his big sister. She was even the 2nd person to even get to hold him, even before her dads did. The three parents all fawned over the adorable image of their kids.

If the look in hadley's eyes were anything to go off of, she was wrapped around peter's tiny little fingers immediately. She didnt even mind, hadley already loved being an big sister to him. The 1st thing Hadley ever told him was she'd always protect him. She didnt care about stories of siblings not getting along, She knew her and peter would always have each others backs.