Chapter 16

When hadley was told she'd be going to school in september, despite her -still missing- dad, she was devastated. She spent most of the time with charlie, tessa, and ash at her side for comfort. Her friends were constantly on alert, trying to keep her distracted and as joyful as possible. It was when she was eating breakfast in the hall, about a month into the school year, that the owl she sent for an update came back.

In its talons was an envelope she eagerly ripped open. 'Look to the doors' it read. Hadley's gaze shot up from the note, glancing around quickly. The doors burst open causing several people to scream in fear of the sudden booming noise. Then tony walked in, with pepper and happy by his side and peter in his arms.

Umbridge stood with a fake smile and was about to demand who they were and what they were doing, but, she was interrupted. The second hadley laid eyes on her dad, she bolted out of her seat. "Daddy!" She screamed, reverting to the name she hadn't called him since she was 9, out of the sheer relief of seeing him standing in front of her.

She jumped into his arms, being careful of peter already being held there. Tony wrapped his arms around her as she sobbed in joy. Pepper and happy joined the hug after a short moment. Aside from mcgonagall, sirius, remus, and the elite: everyone was staring at the family in confusion. Umbridge cleared her throat obnoxiously and the family separated to give her a collective murder glare.

She paled but still continued. "I do not know who you people are but you are trespassing and clearly manipulating a minor in some way. I -as a ministry official- am obligated to arrest you for said offenses." The family gave a low warning growl in protectivness of each other.

"Like hell is that gonna happen! 1st of all, I -as a parent of a student- am legally allowed to be here if in a case of emergency. Seeing as I was kidnapped and held captive in a cave in afganistan  for 4 months, and my daughter was left afraid for my life, I'd damn well say thats an emergency. 2nd, as I said; I am not 'manipulating a minor' I'm simply hugging my daughter."

Umbridge shook her head. "That is hadley potter, the daughter of James and lily potter. Whoever you are, you are not her father. You have no claim to her." Hadley hissed and attempted to lunge at the woman but her mom held her back. "You stupid, ugly, bitch-ass, toad! How dare you! God, I knew I'd hate from day one!" She took several deep breaths to calm herself down and then continued.

"First of all, are you deaf or did you just conveniently forget I, very loudly, called him dad not even five minutes ago?! Second, my name is Hadley Noelle Potter-Stark. My father and mother ARE James and lily potter, but my DAD is tony stark. I will not stand by as you act as if you know anything about me or my family."

"I am the 'girl who lived', your supposed savior from the dark lord. So I suggest you not piss me off again! Otherwise, I might just go home and leave you all to fend for yourselves! Got it? Good." She ranted angrily before grabbing the half of her family in reach and towing them out of the great hall. The other half (the elite, remus and sirius) then silently stood and followed after her.

The rest of the dining hall was left in silent shock until mcgonagall stood and calmly signalled for them to continue eating so as to not be late to class. After a moment of silence, they did as instructed, missing the small smirk of pride the woman had for her goddaughter's rather theatric scene of ridiculing the ministry toad in front of an audience.

~

The year that followed was routinely chaotic, though on the side that was usually the calmer one this time. While hadley and her friends endured a mostly calm schooling year (not including umbitch), her father was wreaking havoc back home by creating a high tech suit and becoming a superhero. Hadley had never been prouder.

Similarly, she'd never been more furious and bloodthirsty than when she found out about what obadiah stane had done and tried-to-do. She had always sensed something off with the man and had never liked him, but to find that she was right in such an awful way? She'd been genuinely ready to rip his heart out with her bare hands for hurting her dad.

Thankfully, he was already dead by the time she found out and she was surrounded by friends fully prepared to tie her down to prevent her from tracking down and desecrating his corpse in revenge. It was only helped more by the arrival of some good news instead. It was only a few weeks before the end of the year that the thing they'd been waiting for finally happened.

Nymphadora Tonks went into labor. By the end of that same day, there was a new bundle of joy in the black-lupin family. The whole stark-elite family was thrilled to meet the tiny baby and to see he was a metamorphagus just like his aunty adora. Theodore 'teddy' regulus black-lupin had natural black hair and brown eyes, but when he first woke up, his hair became a vibrant shade of blue.

He, same as had been for peter, had immediately wrapped the whole family around his tiny, chubby, little fingers. He was the good news to shove aside all of the bad, and they all adored him.