Chapter 9

Hadley was surrounded by the elite about to get on the train to go back to hogwarts, this time for her 3rd year, and demanding that her parents send her weekly updates on peter while she was away. After spending 3 months in his near constant company, hadley was struggling with the knowledge that she wouldnt see him in person for 4 months.

Eventually, hadley and the elite did get on the train though. Something that the elite was excited about was the fact that sirius and remus would be joining them at the school as professors. The new potions professor, a woman named Corrina cortez, had joined the staff. The stuents already knew she was a better teacher than snape.

There were 4 new teachers joining the staff at hogwarts. Remus, sirius, corrina, and macie. Macie reader was the new muggle studies professor. Hadley convinced mcgonagall to hire a new one since she knew none of the content would be up to date unless they hired a new teacher who was young and ventured out often enough to know what to teach them.

Needless to say, even though they didnt know she was the cause of it, the students were all super relieved and excited about the new proffesors. Especially when it came to sirius because of his azkaban experience and that he was bringing a new unit of history of magic. The history and understanding of soulmates.

Meanwhile, hadley was doing some personal research. After what had happened in the chamber the last year, hadley was determined to find out what it was and why it was happening. Her seeking of knowledge lead her to the restricted section. Luckily, flitwick was more then happy to help her on her pursuit and signed to pass.

It was in the restricted section that hadley found something...promising. It was a book titled 'immoral immortality'.
It was about a thing called a horecrux. Hadley was shocked that such a book was in a school for young children, but realized by the dust that it was unlikely that it had been opened in a long time, the teachers must not know about it.

It stated that 'a horecrux comes from the darkest parts of yourself. They can only be made by the most inhumane of ways. Most create them as a way to achieve immortality, as a part of your soul lives in something that is not your own body. Horcruxes are a great evil, one only a person driven mad by power would ever attempt to make.'

hadley was horrified by the very idea of it. She also knew that the diary was probably a horcrux. Which meant that voldemort was making horcruxes in an attempt to become immortal. She knew no one was dark enough to be willing to risk do such, EXCEPT for the dumbass dark lord. Like seriously? The dude lost to a baby and came back without a nose.

Essentially they, all the supposedly dark families, were following a man who lost a game of 'got your nose' to a 1 year old baby. Its kinda funny when you think about it. Shaking her head, hadley began making a list of possible horcruxes. She had been paying close attention to anything and everything that was relevant to the problem.

It included the diary (scratched out to symbolize its destructed state), the snake (there were rumors of him always having a snake by his side), and she assumed the others would be something to do with power. But, she had an ugly feeling in the pit of her stomach. Something that said that the horcruxes had a specific relation to her.

She had come to the conclusion that he had made 7 horcruxes, intentionally or not, because it a magically powerful number. As she thought on it, she knew that 4 horcruxes would be symbols of the founders of hogwarts. Which meant she knew 6 of the 7. And she had a sick feeling in her gut that screamed that she knew exactly what the 7th was.

Hadley knew there was only two ways she could have survived that night. She knew that because of those two occurrences she had become the girl who lived. Her mother dying for her meant their was a blood protection spell on her, basically the only place she'd be safe from Voldemort was with her dad. Which was perfect for her.

The only other reason was that if Voldemort was killed that night, then the part of his soul that he still had must have gone somewhere. And if she was the only living person in the house when it happened... Hadley shuddered in horror. She quickly gathered her things, checked out the book, and raced to her godfathers chambers.

Sirius heard the door slam opened and jumped up from his place at his desk. "Hadley! Are you alright? What happened?" He asked in concern. Hadley was shivering and had a scared look on her face as she answered. "I'm a horecrux. Voldemort made horcruxes, 7 of them, and I'm 1 of them. I cant get away." Hadley burst into tears.

Sirius donned a look of horror as he pulled her close. Remus walked in and, after an explanation from his soulmate, went to tell the order about the other 5 horcruxes. Sirius asked his goddaughter how she figured it out, so she pulled the book out. He flipped through the pages, hoping it would say something about how to destroy them safely.

The next morning, hadley woke sluggishly and nearly panicked seeing that she and the elite slept through half their classes. Hermione informed her that flitwick and sirius had granted them all the day off of classes after the prior night. Hadley sought to take her mind off it and decided to work on making the elite animaguses.