Chapter Eight

————

Chapter warning(s): Reader gets hurt

It's your first time leaving palace grounds without Yoongi, it's time to have fun and see the sights.

————

Since you became Yoongi's 'company', you had learnt a few things about him. He was still very much a rude, a*shole king to those who worked for him. But he also did have moments of vulnerability.

You no longer needed Jimin to sleep next to you. As much as the company was nice, you knew you couldn't be selfish and let his name be dragged into so many rumours, it wasn't fair to him. So you grew to deal with the night terrors yourself but certain nights were still bad.

"Oh, it's cold." You wrapped your arms around yourself, shuffling out of your room. You headed to the same pavilion, taking a seat.

"Still beautiful." You sat down and stared at the garden, separated from you through the pond. Your eyes focused on the bright, full moon that illuminated the sky.

"Oh, Yoon... I hope you're doing well." You whispered.

"What are you doing up?" A voice startled you. Yoongi stood there, also in his night robes, his long hair pulled back into a simple ponytail.

"I could ask you the same thing." You chuckled.

"A king has a lot of things on his mind." Yoongi said with a shrug, sitting down beside you. You turned back to face the water and let out a long sigh. A small smile grazed your lips.

"What are you smiling about?" Yoongi asked.

"Just thinking about memories from home. From time to time, I used to just sit outside with my Yoongi and watch the moon. We'd just sit there, sometimes we'll talk, sometimes we'll just enjoy the silence. It was just so beautiful and we never get tired of looking at it. I guess I just miss doing that with him." You smiled sadly.

"Was your home really so peaceful? It seems that all your memories of that place are happy ones." Yoongi said.

"I'm still human, of course I have unhappy times too. But I'm surrounded by such love and encouragement that we just get through them. I trust them with my life." You admitted.

"If everyone here were like you, we'd have a lot more dead people."

"It's a sign of the times then." You chuckled. Yoongi didn't say anything else, just looking up at the moon, a relaxed look on his face.

The double doors of your room opened and Jimin came in with a bright smile. But what surprised you was Hoseok followed behind him. You yelped, hiding underneath the thin sheet to hide your morning 'crusty-ness'.

"Oh, agashi. It's alright." Jimin giggled.

"Yes, please don't be shy around me. I have taken care of female guests before too." Hoseok said formally.

"Why are you here? Where's Yoongi? Did he send you to spy on me?" You asked him, putting the blanket down slightly until only your eyes could be seen over the sheet. You knew Yoongi couldn't go anywhere without his servant, it was preposterous to ask him to do things on his own.

"Jeonha is out settling some personal business and won't be back for the remainder of the day. He only went with advisor Namjoon." Hoseok explained with a bow.

"Yeah! So I thought we could go out and have fun since you have the day off! So get dressed!" Jimin got you out of bed to get ready.

"Alright alright!" You laughed.