Drabble #3 "makeover"

————

"Hoseok, you're late." Yoongi spoke, not looking up from his papers. He leaned over his table, busily looking at the documents. There wasn't a reply, all he heard was light footsteps moving around his room behind him.

"I have a court meeting before lunch so I won't have breakfast. Make my lunch earlier then." Yoongi ordered. Again, no reply. Yoongi's eyebrow twitched in annoyance, he hated being ignored. His personal servant should know that better than anyone.

"Ho-"

"Which robe are you in the mood for today?" You asked, standing behind Yoongi's wardrobe.

"You're not Hoseok! What are you doing here?!" Yoongi screeched in surprise, holding his opened sleeping robe together with his hands. Hoseok had seen everything anyway, there was no need for Yoongi to be covered up.

"I gave Hoseok the morning off! I'm here to style you and make you look all... the way you usually do." You shrugged, moving your hands around.

"Firstly, I don't know what your role is here but you don't have the right to give anyone, especially my personal servant, any time off. Secondly, I don't trust your style. Lastly, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Yoongi's eyes widened. You gave him a flat look, ignoring him and turning around to face his wardrobe to pick his robes for him instead.

"What are you doing now?" Yoongi groaned.

"You're no help. So I'll make the decision. This red definitely matches the whole... anger vibe you're giving." You took out a maroon overcoat with golden dragons on it.

"(y/n), don't take this the wrong way. But you're the last person I will ask to style me." Yoongi raised an eyebrow, leaning back against his bed.

"Why? I style myself very well!"

"You don't know how to dress a king. I have a certain image to uphold. And judging from the clothes you came in... I wouldn't say your style is exactly fit for royalty." Yoongi crossed his arms with a sigh.

"For your information, the outfit I came in was bought by you, just in another time. And it's the high end fashion of that time, if you knew what the labels meant." You scrunched your nose at him. You laid the robe out and grabbed a white undercoat.

"Okay, now strip." You waved at him.

"No way." Yoongi held his robes even tighter with a shake of his head.

"I've seen your body before! Even if it's in another time, I bet it's not that different." You scoffed. Yoongi stared at you for another few seconds, standing up and walking to the door.

"HOSEOK! GET HERE NOW!" He roared. The entire palace probably heard him shout. Hoseok ran over quickly, bowing repeatedly to the annoyed king.

"You know, you're really no fun, Yoongi." You frowned.

"So I've been told." Yoongi said as he headed into the washroom with Hoseok trailing behind him. You sat on the bed, slumping in disappointment. Yoongi got ready with Hoseok's help. If it was any consolation, Yoongi did wear the maroon overcoat that you had chosen earlier. He stepped out, fully clad in his new robes for the day.

"Don't pout." Yoongi said as he walked past you to sit on the chair before his vanity. You crossed your arms, looking away from him. Yoongi sighed, hating that you were unhappy.

"Fine. Come here." Yoongi waved you over. You grinned and skipped over.

"Hand her the brush, Hoseok. But don't leave." Yoongi instructed and Hoseok handed you Yoongi's hair brush. You gently held small sections of Yoongi's hair and started brushing, with Hoseok's guidance.

"Your hair is so soft." You noted in amazement.

"Of course, it is."

You felt like you could brush Yoongi's long, blonde locks forever. You occasionally glanced up to check for any signs of discomfort on Yoongi's face but he just kept his eyes closed.

"Is this okay?" You asked.

"You're doing fine." Yoongi replied. You let Hoseok tie Yoongi's hair up into a simple bun but that was it, you wanted to be able to put the accessories in on your own. You figured that was the least that you could do without needing guidance from anyone.

"Leave us." Yoongi told Hoseok. Hoseok bowed and left the room without another word. Yoongi moved you to sit on his lap, tilting his head down to make it easier for you.

"Tell me if I'm hurting you." You said, inserting the golden clip over his bunned up hair. Yoongi hummed.

"There." You leaned back slightly to make sure you got it in place.

"What's next?" You browsed the other gold accessories that were laid out on the table. You did earrings next, attaching the smaller gold earrings before doing the main, big dangly ones.

"You can do bracelets next." Yoongi held his hands out. You noticed that his wrists were bare except the moon bracelet that matched your sun bracelet.

"Does it matter which hand it goes on?" You held one gold cuff.

"No. Just make it look sort of equal, weight wise." Yoongi informed. You glanced over all the gold wrist accessories, separating them into what you thought looked the nicest before moving them onto Yoongi's wrists. Even as you attached them on, you internally cringed at all the weight Yoongi had to bear from wearing these.

"Almost done." You put the necklaces around his neck and ended off everything with his rings. Almost every finger had a gold ring, you had no idea how he even held a pen or writing brush.

"Done! So beautiful!" You clasped your hands together.

"I'm glad you had fun in this." Yoongi smiled softly. You got off Yoongi's lap so he could see his reflection.

"You did a good job." He patted your head.

"Thank you." You grinned. There was a knock on the door. Namjoon poked his head in, bowing when he saw the two of you. It was time for Yoongi's work day to begin. You waved to Namjoon, who mimicked your action. You all headed out, where Jimin was waiting for you.

"Jeonha, (y/n) nim." Jimin smiled with a bow.

"Have a nice day." Yoongi stroked your hair with a soft smile. You smiled back, nodding your head.

"You too." You wished before the both of you parted ways.

————