Chapter Seventeen

————

It's hard for Yoongi to open up. It's hard for him to show the feelings that he's been bottling up all those years. But maybe, just maybe, it's time to let all of them go.

————

Seokjin had come to inform you that Yoongi requested your company for dinner in the dining room. He waited for you to freshen up and escorted you and Jimin there. It was like deja vu as you took your seat to wait for Yoongi.

"The great king of Joseon, Min Yoongi, will be making his entrance." Jungkook announced. Seokjin and Jimin bowed.

"Long live the king." They chorused. You remained seated this time, not even standing or bowing to Yoongi. Yoongi entered and stared at your still seated form, a small smile grazing his lips. You will never change and that's what he liked about you.

"Still refusing to bow down?"

"You'll live long enough, even without my wishes." You scoffed. Yoongi chuckled and sat down in his spot. He waved at everyone to exit the room, leaving the two of you alone.

"How was gardening?" Yoongi asked as you poured alcohol into his cup.

"It was so fun! I learnt a lot from the gardener! We planted some seeds and some plants that were already in pots." You rambled.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." Yoongi reached out to pat your head. The simple gesture was something he did so often now that it didn't even seem weird to the both of you anymore.

"And I didn't know advisor Namjoon is also an avid gardener. Apparently, he waters the garden plants every day and he even has this huge plum tree!" You continued, even using your arms to try and show how big the tree was. But of course, it was an underestimation. Yoongi watched you with amusement, taking a sip of alcohol.

"Is he now?" Yoongi asked. Of course, he knew that Namjoon liked plants and did all that but he thought he would entertain you a little.

"Yeah. Jimin says the plums are sweet when harvested and the plum wine that is made from them is really good. I hope to try it sometime." You nodded with a hopeful smile.

"I can get it for you now."

"There's no need-"

"Namjoon!" Yoongi shouted. As if they were listening in on the conversation, Namjoon immediately opened the door with a bow.

"(y/n) here heard about the plum wine we make from the harvest of plums from your tree. She would like to try some. Fill a bottle for her to have now." Yoongi said. Namjoon nodded and promptly exited the room.

"I didn't mean I needed to try it now, Yoongi. Geez." You scoffed. Yoongi ignored your comment and continued eating. Namjoon returned with a small ceramic decanter. He bowed and knelt by the side of the table to fill the small cups with the plum wine.

"Have some." You said to Namjoon. Namjoon turned to Yoongi, who nodded his head in approval.

"Thank you." Namjoon bowed his head as you took the decanter to pour some into a new cup for him. The 3 of you clinked cups before taking a drink. It was sweet and fruity.

"It's so good!" You complimented. Namjoon couldn't help but smile.

"I'm happy you like it." He laughed. When he was done, he bowed his head and exited the room.

"What about you? Did you have a good... meeting?" You asked Yoongi slowly. Yoongi raised an eyebrow at you trying to start small talk with him but he shrugged, being vague with his answer.