Chapter Fourteen

————

It's time for a fun night out!

————

Yoongi was a lot nicer to you since that day. He smiled a little more, had you around him more and spoke with you more. Also, thankfully you didn't need to deal with his concubine's anger for stealing their king. You hardly even saw Mirae around anymore.

"Psst!" You heard a whisper. Jimin had left you for the night and you were doing some reading before heading to bed.

"Huh?" Slipping out of bed, you walked over to your window and pushed it open to see Yoongi standing there. He had a small smile on his face as you leaned down.

"What do you want? Do you know what time it is?" You hissed.

"You're not a grandmother that needs to sleep early. Come, want to go for a walk?" Yoongi offered.

"Yoongi, it's late. Go to bed. We can go for a walk when the sun rises." You were about to close the window on him when he placed both hands onto the sill, pulling himself to your window. He managed to manoeuvre himself to sit on the sill while you moved back, narrowly missing getting kicked by him. You crossed your arms at him.

"What's with you royalty liking to enter through the window? Do you not know how to use doors?" You scoffed. This was how Taehyung came into your room as well.

"You're not sleeping anyway. Let's go for a walk." Yoongi said. You gave him a flat look before sighing, throwing your head back.

"Fine! Just let me get my coat." You went to the closet to get your overcoat, throwing it on and tying the ribbon on the front. Once you were presentable, you went out again to meet Yoongi.

"Come." Yoongi grasped your wrist to tug you along.

"Wait, where are we going?" You panicked when you saw that the both of you were heading out the palace gates. You thought this was a garden walk.

"I didn't specify where we would be walking now, did I?" Yoongi grinned as he continued to pull you through the streets. There were hardly any stalls open in the village.

"Here." Before actually entering the village, Yoongi placed a sat-gat on your head, tying the ribbon under your chin. He put an identical one on. You knew these things were worn to hide one's identity or protect someone from the rain. But you guessed Yoongi used it for the former.

"There might be some dangers in the night so this will hide our identities and make us less of a target." Yoongi explained, tucking his long blonde hair into a bun before adjusting the sat-gat.

"Shouldn't we have asked like Jungkook and Seokjin along then?" You asked.

"I thought it would be fun if it was just us." Yoongi said with a small smile. You didn't refute that as the two of you entered the village.

"Wow, the night market is so different from the day market." You noted and Yoongi nodded his head.

"And it's a lot less crowded." Yoongi said. He walked beside you, hands together behind his back. You were so fascinated with what the stalls sold and Yoongi chuckled, seeing your face light up each time.

"See anything you like?" Yoongi leaned in.

"They're all rather fascinating but nothing I fancy." You told him. Along the way, Yoongi had purchased small handheld lanterns for the both of you since the streets were so dim. He patiently followed you to where ever you wanted to go. The two of you continued to walk and look at all the small trinkets being sold by the night paddlers.