Chapter Sixteen

————

Chapter warning(s): Mentions of blood, threats, slight violence. There are executions.

Jimin tries his best to keep you away from Yoongi, not wanting you to see the ugly side of the king.

————

"One day, I wanna cook for you." You told Jimin as you dug into your lunch.

"I'll pass on that meal." Yoongi said from beside you. You whipped your head to him, sending him a glare.

"I don't believe I was talking to you! Your name isn't Jimin, now is it? And I wouldn't want you eating my food anyway! Now stop eavesdropping." You hissed, sticking your tongue out at Yoongi. He just made a mocking face at you to which you just gave him a dirty look.

"What do you cook, (y/n) nim?" Jimin asked.

"I definitely don't know how to cook food like this. You can call it food from the future I guess. With migration and introduction of different cultures, we usually fuse flavours together." You explained.

"That sounds-"

"Horrible. Destroying the exquisite tastes of Joseon by mixing it with other things." Yoongi interrupted Jimin.

"Hey, Yoongi? I don't know if I've ever mentioned this to you but you're really annoying! Shut it!" You shouted. Jimin covered his mouth as he snickered, watching the both of you argue.

"I was going to say that sounds very nice, (y/n) nim. I look forward to it when the time comes." Jimin smiled sweetly. You immediately melted, surprising Jimin with a big hug. Of course, you could count on him to be so kind and genuinely sweet with you. Jimin caught Yoongi looking at the both of you and gently pulled away.

"Finish your lunch, (y/n) nim. Then we can go find the gardener." Jimin cleared his throat, redirecting your attention.

"Right, I better hurry then! Although, I wanna change out of this new hanbok. I wouldn't want it to get dirtied." You said, looking down at your dress. Jimin nodded his head with a bow.

"Yah, don't choke on your food." Yoongi said.

"What kind of flowers do you want in your garden, Yoongi? Like any particular kind or colour?" You asked, completely ignoring what he said.

"You can decide. A variety of colours would be good. It's your garden as much as it is mine, (y/n)." Yoongi said nonchalantly. However, you were not expecting your heart to skip a beat at his words. You cleared your throat awkwardly, nodding your head with a hum.

"Done!" You shot up.

"Aish, you gave me a shock!" Yoongi frowned, putting a hand over his chest. Jimin giggled and held the tray of empty bowls.

"I'll be back to escort you to your room to get changed, (y/n) nim." Jimin said and you nodded excitedly. He bowed his head and left the throne room briefly. You walked up to Yoongi, plopping down beside him.

"Can I help you?" He asked, not looking away from his food.

"Nope." You popped the 'p'. You watched him eat, resting your chin on your hand, until you saw his exposed wrist pop out from his sleeve as he was getting food.

"You're still wearing it." You grabbed his hand suddenly.

"What are you talking about now?" He asked, snatching his hand back from your grip so he could continue eating.

"The bracelet that we got at the market last night." You held up your matching bracelet with a sun charm. Yoongi stopped chewing, lifting his hand to see the similar bracelet on his wrist, just that he had a moon charm instead of a sun. It stood out amongst the other gold and jade jewellery he wore and yet, it was the one he favoured the most.