Chapter Twenty-Nine

Shonna

They remained tangled around each other. He had taken her raw. Nothing between them except traces of errant clothing, her panties, and his boxers, which he hadn't taken the time to remove because he needed to be inside her, and she wanted him just as bad. He hadn't worn a condom, but she wasn't worried about them skipping protection. She had an IUD, so pregnancy was not an issue.

Her mountain man.

She had wanted to see him. She had been thinking about him all day, and somehow, he had heard her thoughts and showed up on her doorstep. Sweaty and nervous, but still sexy as ever.

He had confessed his feelings for her for the second time, and although it had been the words she wanted to hear, she got tongue-tied at the sight of him. The words got choked up in her throat, and she couldn't push herself to say them.

She didn't know what was holding her back. She loved this man. She was able to admit it to Braydon and Jackie. But she was afraid to say it to him. There was still the issue of the distance between them. And her grandmother's house. YoYo had given the house to her and Jason because, according to her letter, she thought it was what they needed.

She needed him. They needed each other. He had come all this way for her. It was the most romantic thing a man had ever done. Now they were in each other's arms, his body pressed against hers and his length still inside her. Still hard for her, even after he had come only moments before.

She could feel him pulsating inside her core. The throbbing vein of a working muscle. He cradled his head in the nape of her neck, his breathing beginning to steady now. He had drenched her with his sweat, the familiar earthy smell tickling her nose.

Shonna used to despise sweaty men and would not allow them to touch her. It grossed her out. In the past, with any other man, she would have demanded a man shower before she let him have sex with her. But with Jason, his musky smell and salty skin turned her on.

His lips found hers again, and they kissed for what felt like hours. Soon he was moving his hips again and thrusting inside of her for round two.

***

Jason

After taking her in the living room, they made their way to different areas of the house, claiming her space as theirs. Jason was marking his territory, and he didn't feel the least bit bad about it.

They lay on her bedroom floor, limbs wrapped around each other, a light blanket draped over their lower halves. He loved having her in his arms, and she didn't seem to mind obliging his need to have her close to him. She adjusted her head and inhaled deeply into his chest, smelling him. And that turned him on. He wanted to spread their scents all over each other.

They hadn't spoken since he had delivered his love speech. She never answered his question. The only words passing between their lips were each other's names and whispers of pleasure.

Eventually, he would need an answer, but she was stalling, and he didn't mind the distraction one bit.

"I talked to Alicia." The words came out of nowhere. He wasn't even sure why he felt the need to tell her.

Shonna's body tensed in his arms, so he started rubbing gentle circles on her back to ease her mind.

"Who is Alicia?"

"She was my fiance. The one who...."

"Pulled a runaway bride."

He loved how she always cut to the chase.

"There was a guest at the inn who needed medical attention, so I drove him to the hospital in Anchorage and ran into her there. She's a nurse now. Happily married with a couple of kids."