Chapter 11

"You save your soul by saving someone else's body."

-Arthur Hertzberg-

***

Ophelia's P.O.V

Fall had arrived and it meant the season of mushroom has come. I absolutely loved mushroom. You could cook it in various way, grilling, boiling or fried it to make delicious meals.

The best time to search for mushroom was early in the morning, the mushroom would still be fresh and the weather wouldn't be too hot.

I carried my basket with me and starting looking around the mountain. It was during this time did I see someone laying on the ground.

Somehow, he seemed quite familiar.

I walked toward him and realized who it was. The man laying on the ground was none other than the crown prince.

I hurried toward him and knelt beside him. He was bleeding and had some fractured bones as well. Judging from the look of it, he seemed to have fallen from a horse.

"Your majesty, please hang in there." I used a bit of my mana to heal him. Since his injury was completely physical, it didn't require as much mana as the princess back then.

It took around ten minutes before I managed to connect his bones together again and healed the bleeding.

However, he still needed some treatment. I couldn't just leave him alone in the mountain like this, especially when there was no horse to be relied on.

Fortunately, he didn't fall that far away from my place. I just had to drag him back to my cottage. When I reached the door, Helios was already waiting.

He was glad that I was back so early, however, when he saw the crown prince, his expression darkened.

"Ophelia, who is this man and what is he doing here?" He asked.

"This is the crown prince, he's injured, I have to help him." I asked Helios to help me bring the prince to the patient's bed.

Helios was not pleased at all by this request but he knew better than to defy me.

Once we arrived at the patient's room, I laid the prince on the bed and asked Helios to bring some potions I've made.

Even though some parts of his body had healed, I still needed to bring back his energy so he could recover completely.

Helios still pouted as he went outside to fetch the potion for me. I asked him to leave the two of us alone and I could see how hesitant he was.

"How could I just leave you with this man. He is a human male, what if he does something to you when he wakes up." He argued.

"Helios, you shouldn't act like that. This is the crown prince we are talking about. He would do no such thing." I reminded him before asking him once more to leave.

He was not happy about it but taking care of the prince was more urgent.

Once it was just the two of us in there, I poured the potion into the prince's mouth but as I expected, it wasn't easy since the liquid dripped from his lips.

He was not conscious. Was there other ways I could make him drink this? I found a way but I was not sure if it was okay. However, it was the only way.

I poured the potion into my mouth and leaned in closer to press my lips against his, pouring the water into his mouth.

It worked since the liquid went down his throat. Once there was no more potion in my mouth. I withdrew. It should do the job.

The crown prince should be awake in less than an hour, I should just do something else in the meantime and go back here in an hour.