Chapter 42

"A good marriage is the union between two good forgivers."

-Ruth Bell Graham-

***

Ophelia's P.O.V

"What are you thinking about, Lia?" Helios asked me right before the two of us were about to go to sleep. 

I was watching the moon outside with many thoughts running in my mind at the same time.

"About what happened yesterday with Neo and that woman. It took me by surprise. Neo has always been very calm and gentle. I didn't think he was capable of murdering someone like that." I told him. 

Although I knew Neo was just trying to protect me, it was still a little startling.

"That's because, just like me, he is also a dragon. Us dragons are very loyal and protective toward our master or handler, but we are innately predators and hunters." His eyes gleamed as he spoke.

"We will get rid of anyone who tries to harm our master. He is no exception. As gentle and kind as he is toward you, just like me, you shouldn't forget our true nature." He reminded me. 

Ah, yes. I almost forgot about that. Because the two of them had always been very docile toward me, I had forgotten that they were monsters.

"Now, don't overthink about it, Lia." He placed his hand on top of mine and then moved it to my cheek.

"Lia, there is something I've been wanting to tell you. We have been lovers for quite some time now. With humans, they usually hold a ceremony called wedding and get married to become a real family."

"Where are you going with this, Helios?" I asked him. 

Helios suddenly pulled out a ring from his pocket. It was not an antique ring like before, instead, it was a plain and simple gold ring. 

I had no idea how he obtained it. He must have purchased them in the market when I wasn't looking. But why?

"I want to marry you, Lia. I want to consummate with you. Like a real couple does. Will you marry me?" He asked me. 

I didn't know since when he understood all these ideas, but marriage was something I never had in mind. Although I had to admit, I would marry him in a heartbeat, I needed to be sure.

"Helios, you are a dragon and I am a witch, is marriage between us possible?" I asked.

"Why not, Lia? As you can see, can transform myself to look just like you with two arms, two legs, soft skin and fluffy hair. We look like we are from the same species. I also know that we love each other, so why not?" He asked me. 

I was not sure how this whole thing was going to work but one thing I knew, I trusted him.

I thought about it for some time, Helios has been with me for so long. At one point, I thought of him as my own child, a pet and a companion. Was it okay to suddenly marry him like this? 

"Do you have any doubts toward me, Lia?" He asked again. He rose and places his hand on mine. Then, he kissed the back of it.

"I know this is very sudden. But there are other men out there who will want to make you his. I can't let anyone snatch you away from me, Lia. I need you to be fully mine." 

"This marriage is the only thing I can think about. Will you give me a chance?" He stared deep into my eyes. I could tell he was nervous. 

Then, after thinking about it, I sighed and smiled. What could I potentially lose from this?

"Okay, I will marry you." I finally said. 

A huge smile appeared on his face as he placed the ring on my ring finger.