Chapter 33.5

"They are not jealous of what you have. They are jealous of what they can't have."
-Unknown-
***

Neo's P.O.V

Never in a million years did I ever think that I would be here, with a woman I call my owner.
Her name's Ophelia and she's an absolute beauty, but I have seen plenty of beautiful women in this life. What set her apart from the other women was her heart.

She truly has a kind heart.

I have seen dragons who had owners in the past and a lot of the owners would abuse and took advantage of the dragon's power. I used to despise those humans and thought the dragons deserved better. That's why when I was younger, I made a promise that I would never be owned by anyone.

Yet here we are.

I tested her a little earlier by showing her my grown form. The form I used the most as a human.

Most women would fall head over heels with this appearance of mine. I might not be the most handsome man in the world, but I had my own charm. I should be irresistible.

However, she asked me to change back into my child form. Seems like my adult form made her a bit uncomfortable. Why? I thought all women loved being teased by a handsome face like mine.

It was when I realized she was a woman with dignity and morality. I shouldn't test her any further, otherwise she might hate me.

As ironic as it sounds, I really don't want to be hated by her. I have found myself becoming somewhat fond of her.

She was the only person I liked beside the kind grandma who saved me in the past.

But there was a problem, she had another man, her first familiar. His name was Helios and he kept on messing my chances of being close with her.

"I'm the only one who can sit beside her, you should seat on the other side of the table." He ordered grumpily as we were about to have dinner.

"Hm, but I'm the child here, I feel better when I'm close to her." I poured and stared at Lia with the most innocent gaze. Hoping she would take my side and let me sit beside her.

"You're not a child, you old perverted dragon!" Helios refuted.

How could he call me an old perverted dragon when he was older than me? If he thought I was old, then he was ancient.

"Geez, stop fighting. You know what, this table is long enough for three people on the same side. I'll just sit in the middle, how about that?"

Although I hated the idea, it was still better than nothing.

"Master, do you want me to feed you?" I offered her.

"No, it's fine, Neo." She replied calmly. I lowered my eyes in disappointment. Why did she always reject my kind gesture? I just wanted to please her, why couldn't she accept it.

"Lia, open up." Helios said as he placed a piece of meat in front of her mouth and she opened it, taking a bite.

Then, he smirked while looking at me with a prideful gaze.

I didn't like this sun dragon at all. Sun and ice dragon have never been in the same room before, but I heard rumors about their hot temperaments and competitive nature. Looks like the rumors were true.

That evening, after everyone cleaned up, Lia went to her room and decided to sleep early since we would return back to her home later. Helios was outside, getting some fresh air and guarding around.

That's when I took the chance and sneaked to her room. I never really had the chance to spend some time alone with her. I wanted it.

When I entered the room, I saw Lia sleeping on the bed.

I changed into my adult form and got on my knees to match the height of the bed.

I stared at her face and smiled. My master was so beautiful. She looked so innocent while she was sleeping. It made me feel all warm inside.

I reached out my hand, pulling back a strand of hair that was covering her face and pushed it back. My hand accidentally touched her cheek and I could feel his soft her skin was.

My body has always been cold, but at this time, I could feel my cheek slowly turning red and my body was getting warm.

I was fighting the urges to not kiss her right there, right then.

Maybe a peck on the cheek was fine.

I leaned in closet and was about to kiss her when I felt someone grabbing me by the neck from behind.

"What do you think you're doing!?" It was Helios. He was managing his volume as to not wake her up, but his grip on my neck was tight enough to suffocate me.

I withdrew myself from her and faced Helios, grabbing his hand to remove it from my neck and he was not letting go until I was starting to choke.

When he finally let go of his grip, I could see some bruises and claw mark on my neck.

"Don't think you can do as you please with Lia." He warned me. I tried to maintain my composure together and forced a smile.

"I was just checking on her. I had no ill intention. She is my master, how could I possibly hurt her?" I tried to convince him.

Naturally, he wasn't convinced.

"The only reason you're here right now is thanks to her. I know she is beautiful, but don't cross the boundaries or I will get rid of you myself." He threatened.

Geez, I didn't think that this dragon would be so overprotective of her. I didn't even have any intention to harm her, yet he's acting like he's about to murder me.

As expected of a sun dragon.

At the same time, I felt a bit relieved. It meant that I knew my master would always be safe. I would protect her as well, but two protectors are better than ones

"Leave the room, I need to rest." He said as he pushed me toward the door.

"Why do you get to sleep with her?" I asked him, thinking it was unfair that he got to sleep in the same room with her and I couldn't.

"That's because she's mine." He replied as he slammed the door in front of me.

I lowered my eyes, trying my hardest to not feel jealous. It was a bit difficult. I clenched my fist and pondered for a moment if I should do something.

The room froze as I did, some of the furnitures were turning frosty and when I realized this, I quickly controlled my emotion.

No, I couldn't act up or show my jealousy. I shouldn't pick a fight with Helios. She would surely choose him and sided with him. I didn't want to be abandoned by her because of something trivial.

I needed to maintain my composure and acted like a good boy. I must have self restraint, only then could I stay by my master's side.

Yes, that's right. Let's contain this feeling first and act like nothing happened in front of her.

I will take it a step at a time. I will behave and slowly win her heart.

Then maybe one day, she will love me the same way she loves that sun dragon.