Chapter 22

"Two drowning people can't save each other. All they can do is drag each other down."

-Carsten Jensen-

***

Ophelia's P.O.V

While attending the winter festival, I suddenly heard the sound of screaming from the distance. I quickly grabbed Helios' hand to check what was happening.

I walked toward the source of the sound and saw a raven haired woman standing on top of an injured child.

I could tell right away she was not human. There was a strong magic aura around her. Was she a witch as well?

"You, who are you and what have you done!?" I asked. She turned around to look at me and her crimson eyes gave me chills.

Once again, I felt this sense of familiarity when I saw her.

"It seems like you have forgotten about me, Lia." When she called my name, I could feel a chill down my spine.

Her voice was familiar, but at this point, I still didn't know who she was.

"I think this will remind you of who I am." She threw a black rose on the floor. My eyes widened when I saw it.

"The black rose? This is the symbol of the black rose witch clan. How? No way!" I took one good look again at her and she smiled.

"Yvanna? Is that you?"

"You still remember who I am, surely you will understand why I am doing this. Humans are not trustworthy. You shouldn't save that injured child."

She turned her back toward me and took one last glance.

"I will see you again, old friend." A whiff of smoke enveloped her and she disappeared.

She didn't want to fight me. I guessed she just wanted to show herself, but why now?

Okay, that's a problem for later. I quickly turned my attention back to the injured child and focused my entire attention on him.

I started gathering my mana to heal this man and because he was attacked using black magic, it was a bit difficult to cure.

I struggled a bit but I needed to save this boy. Fifteen minutes later, the wound on the boy completely disappeared.

Once the boy was healed, he opened his eyes and his mother approached him while crying.

"I'm so glad you are fine my son!" She hugged him and turned her attention at me.

"Thank you very much, I wouldn't know what I would do without your help." She thanked me profusely.

"You are welcome." I stood up and walked away.

However, only a few steps forward, I suddenly felt dizzy and almost fell down when I felt a strong pair of arms holding me from the side, preventing my body from hitting the ground.

It was none other than Helios.

When I was in his arms, I felt safe.

"Lia, are you okay?" He asked.

"Do I look like I'm okay?" I asked him back sarcastically.

Before I could get a response, my vision was becoming blurry. I closed my eyes and fell unconscious.

When I woke up, I was already in my bed. Helios was by my side, holding my hand tightly with a worried look on his face.

"Lia, you have woken up!" A look of relief was present on his face.