Chapter 21

"Persuasion is often more effectual than force."

-Aesop-

***

Helios' P.O.V

I've been really upset since the evening on the winter ball. When I saw my master dancing with that human.

It pissed me off. The emotion I was experiencing could only be described as jealousy.

I didn't know why she liked that human so much. No matter how you looked at it, I was superior to him in every aspect.

I was more handsome than him, stronger and more capable to protect her. Why did Lia show him so much affection?

That evening, I wanted to snap at her. But I held it all in. If I acted irrationally and displeased Lia. I was afraid she would become resentful toward me.

The morning after we arrived back to our own manor, she made breakfast with all my favorite food.

From roasted deer to baked fish. I raised my brow and looked at her with suspicion.

"Why are you making so much for breakfast?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize if I upset you during the ball. I don't know why you are upset though. I hope you'll feel better once you are full."

She smiled and when she did it, I found myself unable to act mad at her for any longer.

I ate the meal and as expected, everything she cooked was always so delicious.

"So, do you forgive me now?" She asked as she tilted her head.

"Lia, you already know I couldn't stay mad to you for long. But don't upset me again. Next time I won't be so forgiving." I responded.

"Okay. You don't have to worry, Helios. No matter what, you are still the person closest to me." I knew she was just saying that to make me feel better but I couldn't help but feel touched by it.

I wanted to hug her so bad, so I rose from my seat and walked up to her. I hugged her from behind.

Her body was warm against mine. I loved her so much I never wanted her to be with other men.

"Helios, do you want to go to the village with me tomorrow? I heard there would be a winter festival. It wouldn't be as grand as the festivals they have in the capital, but I heard it's a fun event." She asked me.

It was a bit unusual.

Lia usually didn't like to blend in with humans in the past but since she started healing humans and got involved with the royal family, she might have developed a fresh perspectives of humans.

I was happy for her. she used to be rather gloomy when I first got to know her, but in the past year, she seemed to be a lot happier.

"Okay, if that's what you want, I will come with you. It would be my first time going to an event like this as well. I think it would be exciting." It was decided then. We spent the rest of the dya like usual, but when the sun began to set, an idea came up to my mind.

Ophelia was in the library reading a potion book. She always did that during this time, I thought it was boring and a little repetitive.

"Lia, come with me to the living room. I want to show you something." I told her.

"Hm, what is it, Helios?" Instead of answering her, I pulled her hand and dragged her to the living room. When we arrived, I opened a music box and soft music started to play. I reached out my hand to her with a hopeful smile.

"Would you like to dance with me, Lia?" She was a little baffled, but then she took my hand and I led her to dance."

"I'm so happy, I finally get to dance with you." I told her.

"Since when did you learn to dance, Helios?" She asked.

"I was observing how he danced and I just replicated it." I replied as I twirl her around and pulled her close to me.

"I want to erase his trace from you. You are all mine, Lia. I wouldn't let anyone take you away from me." I told her.

"What are you saying, Helios? Haven't I told you? You are the closest person to me and nothing would ever change that." She planted a kiss on my cheek, something I never expected.

I could feel my face redden in embarrassment. She made me blush like a young teenager in love. I was in love with her, I always did and would always be.

The dance was over and we cleaned up for the rest of the night.

The day of the winter festival finally arrived. We had to wake up early so we could reach the village on time.

Well, I could easily fly there with no problem, but she told me to remain in human form so we didn't startle the villagers and reached there by foot.

It took maybe an hour of walking before we finally arrived at the village.

There were a lot of stalls installed and the place was filled with the voice of merchants attempting to grab people's attention.

There were also sounds of little children playing and asking their parents to get them something. It was quite lively.

"We didn't eat breakfast this morning, shall we go and grab something?" I asked her. I could still hold my hunger but she probably couldn't. We've walked so far she must be hungry.

"Sure, let's see what kind of food they have in this place." We walked around the food stalls and stopped in front of one.

"Beautiful miss, you should try our meat bun. They are very delicious." One of the villager said. It was basically bread filled with some meat and added sauce on top of it. She seemed intrigued so she ordered two for us.

"Here's one for you." She handed it over to me and the two of us sat down to eat. I took my first bite and was surprised by the taste.

"This is delicious, I've never had anything like this before." I admitted and she second me. I guessed the food in the village must have used several other spices and flavorings we had no idea of.

I would have to look in deeper to this.

Once we were done eating, we decided to take a look at the other stalls. There were a few items on sale as well.

One in particular was a little jewelry stores that produced jewelries made out of silver, gold and gemstones.

Ophelia had never been exposed much to these sort of objects, but the moment she laid her eyes on them, I could tell she was intrigued.

"Let's take a look at them." I grabbed her hand and brought her to the store.

"Ah, come and take a look. Young man, why don't you get her something. These jewelries will help to make your relationship last forever." It was a marketing scam, but Lia was genuinely fascinated by all the beautiful jewelries.

"This one, is a dragon ring. It's so pretty." She picked up a little gold ring that had dragon pattern around it.

"Old man, I would buy this ring, how much does it cost?" I asked. We already had some money from the royal family so it shouldn't matter much.

"It will cost one gold coin." He replied. I gave him the money and I grabbed the ring before placing it on her finger.

"This is my gift for you Lia, for raising me and taking care of me for the past hundred years." Lia was silent but then she smiled.

"Thank you, Helios. I would definitely take care of the ring well."

Just as we were enveloped in a romantic moment, we suddenly heard the scream of someone from afar.

"Help!"