Chapter I

*Natalie POV*

I was with my boyfriend, Josh, his twin sister, Sam, and my best friend, Sabrina waiting for my brother to go the circuit down in the lobby.

"Josh, Sam, Rina, are you guys excited to watch your first f1 race in person?" I asked, looking up at my boyfriend and best friends.

"Of course I am, this has been our dream since I was a kid. Thank you so much for inviting us to come with you," Josh said placing a kiss on my forehead.

"No problem Josh," I said smiling up to my boyfriend.

"Jerome will be so jealous when he finds out I went to an F1 race without him," Rina said before I spotted my brother.

"Good morning lovebirds, Sabrina, and Samantha" Nicolas said when he got to us.

"Good morning Nico," I said, hugging my brother.

"Morning, Nicolas," Josh said giving him a side hug. They had known each other when they raced for the small leagues. I didn't meet Josh until I started racing in the Junior MXGP.

"Morning, Nico" Rina said giving my brother a hug. I met Sabrina when she moved to the small town to compete at the MX races where all live at.

Sam then gave Nico a hug. I met Samantha at our first race when I was 3 and she was 4.

"Come on let's get going," Nico said as we headed out of the hotel.

When we got to the circuit I felt the familiar excitement I always did when I went to a race. Me and Josh were walking hand in hand until we spotted paparazzi and fans waiting at the gate. We have privately been dating for 2 years not wanting the media to know.

Some people recognized us from our junior MXGP days or our respective careers but all the attention was on Pierre Gasly's new race engineer, 3 time Male Junior MXGP World Champion and fresh out of college, Nicolas Heisenberg who they thought was going to fail Pierre Gasly.

When we got through the gate and followed Nico to the Alpha Tauri garage. There we met Pierre and Daniil.

"Hi Natalie, hi Nicolas," Pierre said, hugging the two of us. We met Pierre and Charles in 2018 at the German Grand Prix and became acquaintances fairly quickly after that. We had attended the two prior races also but I was kinda more focused on trying to remember the drivers I was close after the car accident I was in that costed my memory that I have mainly regained in April of the same year.

Daniil walked away from us to go talk to his race engineer, "These are our friends Joshua, Samantha, and Sabrina," Nico said and Pierre greeted them with a hand shake.

"I've got a meeting to attend to, so Nat show them around,” Nico than left with Pierre. We walked out of the Alpha Tauri garage and headed to the Mercedes garage so I can go greet my dad who is technically my godfather but he has always been me and Nico's father figure.

We had to walk past the Red Bull garage where my biological father works and lucky he was inside the garage. We made it to the Mercedes garage and saw Lewis talking to one of the mechanics before he ran up to give me a hug lifting me off the ground with a smile on his face.

"It's been a while, how is the game going, sunshine?” Lewis asked putting me back down.

“It's going pretty good, the game trailer releases next week along with the website for pre orders,” I said, before introducing him to my boyfriend and two best friends.

“It's nice to meet you guys,” He said, greeting them.

"If you don't mind can me and my little twin get your autograph we are big fans,” Josh said trying to stay calm and I could see that Sam was freaking out internally now that they were standing in front of their favorite all time driver.

"I don't mind at all," Lewis said before Josh took off his Mercedes cap and took a marker out his pocket before handing it to him.

After Josh got his cap back Sam handed her's back, “Thanks, Lewis,” Sam said with a smile putting her cap back on.

"Nat, I think there is something wrong with you," Lewis said in a serious tone which confused me.

He reached over and removed my Ferrari cap that had a 5 on it that Seb sent me when he found out I was going to be at the Austrian Grand Prix and put the cap he had on my head.

"Much better," he smiled as my dad walked up to us. I ran and jumped into his arms and he laughed as he caught.

"It's nice to see you too,” He said in German, before setting me down on the floor.

"How you been dad? How is Suzie?" I said back in German looking up my father figure with a smile on my face.

"I've been good and Suzie is doing good," He said before going over to greet my friends and I went over to Lewis who still had my cap.

"Lewis, can I get it back please?" I asked looking up at him.

"No,” He said and just then Roscoe came up to me. He automatically knew what was going to happened.

I picked him up of the floor and he started licking my face then I slowly started walking away. He was about to take Roscoe out of my arms before he was told to go get ready for free practice.

He placed the cap back on top of the one he gave me before he went to go get ready and I walked back over to the ground.

"Did you steal Roscoe again?" Dad asked petting his head.

"No, he willingly came to me," I said as Sabrina was petting Roscoe and getting licked in the hand.

"Go to where you watch usually watch the free practice and races," Dad said and we headed there.

I sat in between Josh and Sabrina with Roscoe on my lap. I took off Lewis' cap and placed it on the table in front of us.

"Nat, do you know Max Verstappen?" Sabrina asked, and shocked my head. "I want to get my brother his autograph," She showed the Red Bull cap she has been carrying with her had a 33 on it.

"I think Danny can help out with that," I said as I place my head on Josh's shoulder and looked down at Roscoe to find him peacefully sleeping on my lap.