Chapter IV

*Natalie POV*

I woke to my phone ringing. I was barely awake as it was still dark outside.

"Natalie what is going on? Why are 5 of the racers that are racing at the Austrian track opening making those claims about you, Nico, and the others? Your ex girlfriend is also claiming that you dated when she was underage and you were 18 and that you tried to groom her," I heard my uncle say in German as soon as I accepted the call.

"What are you talking about?" I said sitting up so I won't fall asleep.

"Go on Twitter and see what Anastasia, Lucia, Leo, Benjamin, Klaus, and Emma are saying. I know you were 15 when you were dating Emma and cut all communication with her after the break up," He said as I put my phone on speaker and went on Twitter and my timeline was filled with people talking about it and choosing sides.

I saw a lot of people not believing Emma since they knew that I was 15 in late 2015 in the first semester of my senior year of high school when she claims we dated which is true and even if I was born the same year as my brother I would of still been 17 like him.

The other five were claiming that we bullied them them during our Junior MXGP days when we were friends with them up to this day and invited them to the opening of the Austrian track since none of them made it to the MXGP due their performance or they didn't want to to continue racing.

It kinda seemed odd that the day after the opening and the line up for the opening race announced they decided to make these claims.

"Until this all clears up I will be removing the 10 of you from the race line up," He said as I continued scrolling through.

"That's probably smart," I said, "Should I tell the others?"

"Yeah, I haven't told them yet and I'm going to tell Anastasia, Lucia, Leo, Benjamin, and Klaus about me removing them from the line up. I'm going to have some look into it because I know you 5 and you've never bullied anyone if anything you guys were the one's getting bullied in school," He said as I got up out of bed.

"Will do, thanks for letting me know, I'll call you when I have time," I said slipping on my shoes.

"Bye, Natalie," He said.

"Bye, uncle Chris," I said hanging up before getting my room key and going over to others' rooms.

***

It was 3 am and we were in Nicolas' room and I had just finished explaining everything to them and they were sitting there not knowing what to say and feeling betrayed by who we thought were our friends said. Lucia claimed that Nico tried to groom her just like my ex did.

"We can't really defend ourselves mainly you two," Sam said being the one to break the silence.

"You have been dating Alexa since you two were 16 and you have always treated Lucia like your little sister like me and Sam," Sabrina said looking over at Nico who was looking at his phone waiting for Alexa to text back.

"You cut all communication with Emma when you two broke up after you caught her cheating literally a week into your relationship so where does that come from," She said looking at me where I was sitting beside my brother.

"We have to let this die down a bit or wait until they get called out on their bull shit because a lot of shit seems odd about this," Josh said and we all agreed that it seemed kinda odd how out of nowhere and conveniently the day after the announcement of the line up of the opening race they decide to tell the world these things.

The public knew that we were all still friends for the little over 2 years since Sabrina, Leo, Ben, Lucia, and I had our last race in the 2017 season as we were the youngest and that being our last season. It would of made more sense for them to do it while we were all still racing and they were at the highest peak in their careers instead of dragging out a friendship that they thought were talking bad about them and belittling them.

Lucia and Anastasia were claiming we were targeting when we on the track when they were almost always in the middle or back while we were almost always in the front fighting in for the championship, trying to gain more points than the others.

Leo and Ben were saying the boys were targeting them and blaming them for all the times they failed turns or failed landing jumps and fell off their bikes. They were up there multiple times fighting for the championship but due to their mistakes and being over cocky, is what caused them those championships. Klaus was talking absolute nonsense about how Josh stole the 2016 championship from him when he was nowhere in the fight for the championship.

We were sitting there in silence until Nico's phone started ringing and motioned us to be quiet.

"Hello Christian," He said and we sat there silently trying to hear what they were talking about.

"Okay see you in the lobby," He said before hanging up and turning to us.

"Christian Horner wants to talk to the 5 of us in the lobby before anyone gets downstairs to head to the circuit," Nico said confused as to why he wanted to talk to all of us.

"What do you think he wants to talk to us about?" Sabrina asked and Nico shrugged in response.

We just stayed in Nico's room talking for a bit before we went to our own rooms to get ready for the day.

I showered and put on the hoodie that Josh gave me years ago and that he never asked for back with a plain white tshirt under it, a pair of  blue jeans, and my high top converse. I grabbed my phone, keycard, and Ferrari cap before walking out my room to see Josh also walking out his room.

"I see you still have my hoodie," He said walking over to me and pulled me into a hug and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Come on let's head down to the lobby," I said looking up at him.

"Okay, let's go, dear," He said and wrapped his arm my shoulder and we headed to the elevator. We were waiting for the elevator when Rina joined us.

We headed down to the lobby and sat down on a couch and waited for Sam and Nico. I had my head on Josh's shoulder with his arm wrapped around me and his head on top of mine.

After a couple minutes Nico joined us and sat beside me and Sam joined us shortly after in the empty lobby. We talked among each other while waiting for Christian. After about 10 minutes or so Christian came out the elevator with Max and me and Josh sat up straight and he removed his arm from around me as Chriatian did not know before both of them sat in the couch across from us.

"Why did you want to talk with us, Christian?" Nico asked looking at Christian.

"Your father is the reason you are in this situation with people picking side and why no team wanted to sign none of you on after your Junior MXGP days. You 2 were going to sign to Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MXGP team and you 3 were going to sign to Red Bull KTM Factory Racing to originally, correct?" Christian asked and we nodded, "I have camera footage from the paddock yesterday of your father and step sister talking about paying off the 6 people that made those claims to ruin your careers."

He turned his head from my brother to me, "If you want the FIM to see this footage and stop the investigation against you guys and clear your names then I have a proposition of a publicity stunt involving Max and Natalie having a pr relationship..."

A/N: Story updates will not be as often as I wish due to school taking up most of my time again