Chapter XII

*Max POV*

I arrived at the paddock with Natalie and there was cameras flashing in all directions to get pictures of us. I held her hand tightly and gently to make sure she didn't get lost in the crowd. Today she was going to driver Seb's car during first practice and a lot of people didn't want her to as they saw this as a male a sport and women shouldn't be in it.

People wanted to see Christian or Nicolas do it but Nicolas was working for Alpha Tauri so he couldn't do and Christian wanted Nat to do. It was been her dream to drive a Formula One car and today was her to make her dream come true. Chris had stated that she was the most qualified to do it out of the two but people didn't care, they didn't want to see a women drive a Formula One car mainly a Ferrari.

A lot of drivers have stated their excitement to being able to share a track with a Heisenberg and they also sticked up for her. After it was announced last week people have tried to get Ferrari to change their decision.

"Hey, Max we heard the news that your girlfriend, Natalie Heisenberg will be driving Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari tomorrow, do you think she will be able to match everyone's speed or will be a hazard on track?" The interviewer asked.

"I think she is more than capable of matching our speeds. She has some experience racing cars with rallying and she was really good at it as she secured-" I said before getting interrupted.

"Wasn't your girlfriend in a car accident a couple years ago which was her fault?" He asked and I wanted to punch him as it had been all over the news at the time that a drunk driver crash into her.

"The accident wasn't her fault a drunk guy past a red light and hit her," I said before walking away.

"Nervous?" I asked looking down at Natalie.

"A little, I don't want to let anyone that believes I can be do it down. I've raced cars before and I am good at controlling but I have never driven that fast before," She said and I gently rubbed my thumb on her hand.

"You are going to do great, you can take a lap or two to get comfortable with the car before trying to match our spends. If you want I can stay near you," I said and she looked up to me.

"You don't have to," She said and there were a couple of cameras on us as we made it to the outside of the Ferrari garage.

"See you later," I said and gave her a quick peck on her lips.

"See ya," She said with a smile before doing the same and entering before I headed to Red Bull.

The more time I spent around her the more I fell for her. I wanted to ask her out but she wanted us to stay friends as she started to remember stuff from when we first dated and I would answer any question she had.

***

I was driving and saw a red in my rear view mirror at first I thought it was Charles before realizing the 5 on the car. She soon caught up to me and I smiled before she past me. She clearly knew how to get the most out of car.

She ended with the second fast lap and I was really proud of her. After I got out my car and changed before I running to the Ferrari garage to see her. She was outside talking with her uncle. I just went up to her and pulled her into a hug.

"You did great Nat," I said smiling and she smiled back at me.

"I'll leave you two alone, remember this is your call Nat, make the right decision," Chris said before walking back in.

"What is that about?" I asked as I was curious on when he said that.

"Monster Energy Kawasaki Racing Team and Red Bull KTM Factory Racing want me to race for them next year and I don't know which time to sign to for next season," She said and I was happy for her. She was finally going to able to continue doing what she loved. I remembered the sparkle in her eyes and her beautiful smile after a race and it was there in Austria.