Chapter XIV

*Max POV*

I was happy Nat could make it to the race but Sergio had invited her so she hasn't spent that much time with her at the paddock. If Checo does sign with Red Bull for next year and Nico does chose to do the switch over to the main team, I will see her a lot more when she has time to come.

I had her hand in mine, feeling the happiest I have ever felt. All the cameras were on us as I walked her to the Racing Point garage.

When we arrived out of the garage I held her face in my hands as we smiled at each other before I gently gave her a kiss on her lips. I wanted to melt into the moment but I couldn't. This was for going to be all over the internet later but I didn't care, I just want the whole world to know the most beautiful girl in world is my girlfriend.

"See you later, mijn liefje," I said placing another quick kiss one my lips, "Can you come by before the race starts?"

"I will come by don't worry," She said smiling and kissed my cheek, "See you later, mi amor," I watched as she walked into the garage with a smile on my face.

"Hello loverboy," Daniel said as he stood beside me.

"Hi Daniel," I said after turning to him.

"So when is the wedding?" He asked in a joking tone.

"We haven't talked about getting married yet but I know I love her and that I want to spend the rest of my life with her," I said as we walked in the direction I came from as our team garages were there.

"I have not seen either on of you this happy since you two started dating. Does Christian know about you two are actually dating now?" He asked and I nodded.

"He called me after the posts we made with pictures of when we were dating when we were kids and asked with we used to date before asking if we are officially dating and I confirmed both," I said as we made it to the Red Bull garage.

"See you later, I have a meeting I need to attend," He said before giving me a hug and I hugged back.

"See you later Daniel," I said before letting go and he headed to his team garage and I headed into mine.

I walked in and saw my dad talking with Kelly. I quickly went to my driver room and dropped off my backpack before heading back out.

"What took you so long to arrive, Max?" Dad asked as I got to where he was standing.

"I walked Natalie to the Racing Point garage where she is watching the race," I said.

"Why are you still dating her? She is so unsupportive of you," Kelly said and she made my mood change.

"Just because she is not here watching the race here doesn't mean that she isn't supportive of me. Her dad, brother, and cousin all work here so they take turns with who she watches the races when she can attend," I said looking at her with no emotion.

I didn't like the way she spoke about Nat without knowing her. Just because of an on track rivalary between Michael Heisenberg and Nelson Piquet that Nelson took serious off track, made the Piquet family hate the Heisenberg family for no reason other than the on track rivalary and Nelson stating that Michael stole the championships from him.

***

I was talking with Christian when I felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around my body which caused me to smile. I looked down to see the familiar bracelet I gave Natalie the first time we dated that had our initials engraved into a heart shaped charm. I grabbed one of her hands and pulled her beside me and placed my arm around her waist.

"Hello, Nat," I said placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Hi Maxie," She said with a smile and kissed my cheek, "Hi Christian."

"Hello Natalie, I heard you finally signed to a team," He said to heard and she nodded, "So, Red Bull athlete?"

"No, that is my brother's thing, I signed to Kawasaki," She said, I remember the day she said she was going to sign to Kawasaki. I took her out to her favorite restaurant in Massachusetts to celebrate.

"Congratulations, if you ever want to switch team you know where to find me," He said jokingly.

"I keep that in mind," She said in the same tone.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds be. Remember the race starts soon Max," He said before walking away.

I turned to look at the love of my life and from the corner of my eye I could see my dad looking in disappointment and Kelly was glaring at her and looked annoyed that Natalie was here.

I leaned down to kiss her in the lips before pulling away looked at her surprised face as she hadn't expected the kiss.

"What was that for?" She asked looking at me with a slight blush appearing on her face.

"Because I love you, Heisenberg," I said pretty loudly hoping they would hear it.

"I love you too, Verstappen," She said before returning the kiss.

"Max, we need you in the car!" I heard my engineer yell.

"Coming!" I yelled back before pulling her into a long loving kiss, "Remember about our date, mijn liefje."

"I won't forget about it, good luck, mi amor," She said before hugging me.

***

I was in a mix of emotions that I got out of the race on the first lap but as soon as I entered the garage Nat came up to hug me as she noticed the look in my face.

"You did get, amor, it was not your fault you got out, there is still one more race to show off," She said as she had her hands on my cheeks so I would look at her.

I was lucky to have her in my life even after a bad race she was the light in my life. Even after a bad race I was happy just by knowing she was proud of me.

After I got changed I went to the Racing Point garage to watch the race as her cousin was still in the race. Throughout the whole time I felt my phone going off probably being my dad asking where I was as I told Christian not to tell him.

At first the people in the garage were confused as to why a Red Bull driver was in their garage but once they noticed I was with Natalie they didn't care.

Once Checo crossed the finish line in first place, everyone erupted into cheers including Nat. She was so happy and proud of Checo's win.

She dragged me to the podium ceremony which I didn't mind since she could drag me anywhere and I would gladly follow.

When Checo got out the car he ran to Nat and pulled her into a hug. They exchanged some words in Spanish which I didn't understand but by their tone's they were happy about it. After letting go of Nat, he hugged Nico then me which caught me off guard before he went to his team.

"I think Checo approves of you," She said loud enough for me to listen.

"I think he is just happy," I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

I have never felt so happy about not finishing a race. If I wasn't certain then, I am now, I want to marry her some day. I want her family to be mine and I want my family to be hers. I want wake up by her side every morning and go to sleep by her side ever night. I want to love her for the rest of my life and the rest to come.