Chapter VIII

*Natalie POV*

I was down in the lobby waiting for my brother and my best friends so we can head to the circuit for the race. I was looking down at my phone answering emails as I heard someone walk up to me.

"Good morning Natalie," I heard Max say in front of me.

"Good morning Max," I said looking up and saw him smiling. I returned the smile before looking back down at phone to finish answering an email.

"Have you seen the statement from the FIM?" He asked and I shock my head in response lookingback up. He took out his phone and pulled up the statement.

It read,

'Sabrina Cowels, Natalie Heisenberg, Nicolas Heisenberg, Joshua Williams, and Samantha Williams are no longer under investigation due to security tapes from the paddock at the Red Bull Ring showing the planning of paying off Emma Carter, Leo Collins, Klaus Hoehmann, Lucia Navarro, Benjamin White, and Anastasia Yemelyanovna by Noah Larsen and Sophia Miller being given to us by an anonymous source and also the video circulating video of Noah Larsen admitting to paying them. Leo Collins, Klaus Hoehmann, Lucia Navarro, Benjamin White, and Anastasia Yemelyanovna will no longer be allowed to race in a FIM event. We will look continue the investigation to look deeper into the allegations from 2015, 2016, and 2017 which were anonymously submitted to us about Sabrina Cowels, Natalie Heisenberg, Nicolas Heisenberg, Joshua Williams, and Samantha Williams.'

"Wow, that was a lot quicker than I expected," I said, handing him back his phone.

"It was posted about an hour ago," He said, taking the phone from my hand, "Do you wanna go get some coffee?"

"Sure, let me quickly text my brother to let him know," I said and I quickly texted my brother telling him, I was going to get coffee with Max. After the message set I put my phone back in my pocket before we walked out hand in hand.

We soon got to a small cafe and we ordered our drinks and once again he beat me to paying. I just shoved my wallet back into my pocket. We waited for the coffees and once we got them we headed outside and sat at a table.

"How did you meet the people that accused you guys of those things ?" He asked, looking at me as I drank a sip of my coffee.

"I met Anastasia and Leo on my first Junior Motocross race along with Joshua when I was in Kawasaki since she was the one of the other female riders in the team and Leo was also in his first season and he was one of the male drivers on the team. Around half way through the season I met Benjamin who was in Rockstar Energy Suzuki World with Nico and Sam. In my second season I met Klaus when he moved from Red Bull KTM Factory Racing to Kawasaki as the two other riders moved onto the Motocross World Champion and I met Lucia as she was with Sabrina in TM Racing Factory for her first season," I said telling him how I met them leaving out Emma hoping he forget about her since I wished to forget that failed relationship but he had been listening careful to every word that came out my mouth.

"If you don't mind me asking how did you meet Emma?" He asked with curiosity in his voice. I thought about it for a while before telling him.

"I met her at tennis tryout at our high school before going to the Netherlands for a race," I said completely leaving out the dating part as it only last a week.

We continued getting to know each other and I couldn't help but notice his eyes and smile seem familiar as if I had seen them before. I felt safe around him. Friday he looked familiar and now he does more familiar than Friday. Yesterday when he hugged me I felt safe and comfortable in his arms. I usually felt uncomfortable hugging people I barely knew but I didn't with him.