Chapter XVII

*Natalie POV*

May 11th, 2014

"Hello Natalie, ready to take on Spain today?" Tom asked before pointing the microphone at me.

"Hi Tom, I'm more than ready, this one of my favorite race on the calendar so I can't wait race here and hopefully score some more points to stay in the championship fight," I answered as Sabrina came up to me and jumped on my back.

"Hello, Tom," Sabrina said hold tightly to me.

"Hi Sabrina, ready for the race?" He asked and she nodded in response.

"Can I see the mic, Tom?" Sabrina asked and he handed it to her, "I will continue this interview, Tom. Nat, if you and your boyfriend got married and you changed your last name to his will you race under that last name?"

"Now everyone knows I have a boyfriend, that was exclusive to my private account," I said letting go of the grip on her legs and she jumped down, "I will always race as Natalie Heiseberg until I retire."

"No one even knows what your boyfriend looks like so there isn't really much revealed," Sabrina said before returning the mic to Tom and continued the pre race interview.

June 13th, 2021

I was about to walk into the track grounds with Max's arm around me as Sabrina and Charles walked in front of us and Josh following with our families in the front when they stopped.

"You have to recreate the pictures from your first junior motocross championship race for your first motocross championship race for your achievement albums," Chris said and the 5 of us looked at him confused.

"We are not stopping because your grandparents are no longer with us and yes you three also have albums, you've been part of the family for years now," Vicky said as Chris took out the camera.

We went along with it and took the pictures in front of the gate. At the end he took a picture of the three of us. We were about to go in when Vicky stopped of us.

"'If one of us make it in, we all make it,' said all of you at a point so you two go. Don't say anything about not wear your country colors now go join them," Chris said and push Sam and Nico towards us.

After the picture we were finally able to go in. We walked in through the gate and were greeted by Harry and Joseph.

We talked with them for a bit when a the drivers we invited arrived. Lewis, Sebastian, Kimi, Daniel, Charles, Carlos, Yuki, and Mick were the drivers I was the closest with on the grid beside my boyfriend and cousin.

"There is our paddock sister," Daniel said running up to me and hugging me and lifting me off the floor, "You did great in qualifying yesterday and now you are going to win."

I went to greet the rest of the drivers before we were told to get going for the interviews. I quickly went up to Max and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"See you guys later," We said in sync before me and Sabrina ran to our interview and Josh ran to his meeting.

We arrived to where our interview was going to be and waited for our turn. Once they were down we saw the familiar face of Tom.

"And there they are Heisenberg and Cowels back on the track," He said as soon as we walked up to him.

"Hello Tom, it's been a while," Sabrina said as they did their handshake. Throughout the years we raced we grew close to Tom as he had always interviewed us.

"Sup Tom," I said as we did our handshake.

"Everyone has probably been asking you two what it feels like being on the same team or how does it feel racing again after years but I am here to ask the questions no one wants to ask," He said turning to look at the two of us, "How do feel finally having your own mic?"

"It feels great because now it will be easier to take over the interview that I made a reoccurring thing after Spain in 2014," Sabrina said and put her arm over my shoulder.

"So racing name Sabrina Leclerc or Sabrina Cowels after you and Charles get married in the future?" I asked turning to her.

"I'm not answering we have only been dating for 6 months," She said.

"Tell us Sabrina, you asked Nat in 2014 now we need your answer," Tom said and Sabrina thought about it.

"Leclerc, unless I get back my old race number next year," She said as the number she used to use was 16, "Nat, Heisenberg or Verstappen as racing name after you and Max get married?"

"I stand by my answer when I was 14, Heisenberg stays as my racing name, I have been racing by that name since I was 3 and will continue until I retire from racing," I said, knowing I want to keep the name alive in mx world and making it into the Women MXGP wouldn't have been possible without my family.

"Who will you dedicate your first win to?" He asked and I didn't even have to think about it.

"My mom and grandparents, they are kinda the reason I am who I am today and they are the reason I continued racing when I thought about quitting," I said and turned to Sabrina.

"My big brother, Jerome, he introduced me the sport and was the only supportive person I had in my family. Also Micheal Heisenberg, he was a big help in improving my skills and was always there with we needed anything," She said and I remember how much my grandparents loved Sabrina, Josh, and Sam like they were their grandkids. Mainly my grandpa felt like that as we spent so much with him on the tracks.

We talked with him for a little bit more before we headed over to our team principal and talk things through for the race plan.

***

Like always the rider parade was fun. I got to talk with the other Austrian riders and they were really nice. There were a lot of people around taking pictures and cheering when they saw their favorites.

After seeing all the people that were chanting my name, kinda made me excited. I stared out at the track waiting for the race to start. Josh ended in 3rd on both races and 3rd on the round overall.

When the race started I quickly took the lead and managed to stay in the lead until I fell. I was in third but managed to pass the person in second. I stayed in second for the rest of the race as I was not able to pass the person in first.

In between the races rain slowly started falling. By the time the second race the rain calm down a bit.

On the second race I spent the first few laps in fifth and slowly made my way up as the rain started to pick up. I was stuck in second once again with the same person in front. We were on the second to last lap when her bike got stuck and fell so I took the opportunity to get in front of her. I kept the position until the very end.

I was the round winner as I got first and second and Sabrina got second as she ended third and second. At the podium ceremony after I got my trophy I raised it in the air and looked up to the sky following Sabrina's action.

When I raced in Austria I didn't feel like this level in excitement. Now that I'm racing to win a championship makes me more excited about racing. When it came to spraying the champagne Sabrina mainly directed to me.

When we made it back to the team we celebrated with them and our friends and family joined.

"You did great mijn liefje," Max said kissing me, "I am so proud of you." He held me closed to him not caring about the mud that was getting on him.

He never cared when he went to a race when we were kids. I was lucky I skipped to school grades and my family let me study for a semester in Belgium. I would of probably never met him until later on and things probably wouldn't of been like this.