Chapter XV

*Natalie POV*

Me and Max really wanted to spend the holidays together but a lot of my family was flying in from Austria and Mexico and I was not letting my brother deal with them alone. Once he told me that Alexa's family was coming as he wanted both of their families present when he purposed to her and that I could invite Max and his family as it would be fair. At first I didn't want to as his dad didn't like me but after talking it through with Sabrina, I invited them.

Dad, Susie, and Jack arrived yesterday as they were going to attend the music gala Alexa hosts every year to raise money for education but it also helps save music programs as she finds it important for kids to explore the creative through music like we did when were growing up. This year unlike the other we were going to play at the event as Alexa couldn't find an orchestra to perform.

Lucky almost everyone who was in school band with us throughout our Junior year agree to play. We had become like a family so we had each other's backs. Once everyone was able to fly in from college or work we started practicing at the hall it will take place.

A lot of celebrities were coming this year unlike last year and Daniel somehow got all the drivers to attend which is pretty great but nerve wrecking as some drivers would not let us forget if we messed up.

Today Checo, his wife, and kids arrived so I was able to go pick them up from the airport and Max and his family were flying in the afternoon. I was going to be at the hall for rehearsal almost all day with Nico, Alexa, Sam, Josh, Sabrina, and the rest of the band so my uncle agreed to go pick them from the airport.

"Thank you again for setting me up on the blind date with Charles," Sabrina said as we took out our bass guitars as we were going to practice our closing piece.

"You know I would of done in a heartbeat if you asked but since you didn't it was a blind date. Have you two become official?" I asked knowing that they have gone out on a couple it's dates but not if they are official dating.

"Not yet, we want to be sure if making it official is the right thing for both of us but meanwhile I will continue to third wheel you and Max, or Nico and Alexa, or Sam and Hunter," She said listing all the couples in our friend group.

I remember after she broke up with her ex, when she listed the couples she was able to third wheel me and Josh were probably dating for as long as me and Max have been dating now. Nico and Alexa are the couple that have been together since before our Sophomore year, making them the longest lasting couple in out friend group and Sam and Hunter together during mine and Hunter's Junior year, making Samantha a Sophomore.

"Hurry up you two, we have a few minutes before the tattoo artists comes to give us the 2014-15 Eastview High School band tattoo," Jackson said as we were climbing on stage and connected the guitars to the amplifiers on either side of the stage.

We had made an agreement that if we ever played together again we were going to get a tattoo to remember the best band Eastview High ever had. The tattoo had something to do with our nicknames given to us by the band members with EHS Band 2014-15 on the bottom and the instrument we played and if we played more than one then it has the cleff of the instruments we played. Mine is going to have a bear as they call me 'Cub' because of my cuddly nature and both cleffs on top.

After we finished playing the song with less people messing up than the previous time we but the instruments up before the tattoo artists came in. First went the people who had the longest drive back home or had something to do after rehearsal. Nico, Hunter, Josh, Sam, Sabrina, Alexa and I were the last ones to get our tattoos as we had nothing to do and we always stayed back to clean up as someone else had the hall booked for the next two days and we didn't want to leave any of our stuff behind.