Chapter XIII

*Natalie POV*

I was driving back home with Max in my passenger seat as he decided to fly to Massachusetts after the Eifel Grand Prix. The whole ride home from the airport we talked about everything and anything we wanted.

"Are sure you are not going to kill me?" He asked as he only saw trees around and a house every one in a while.

"No, this is not a good place to commit murder too many people live here," I said knowing a lot more people lived a little deeper into the forest.

I finally turned into the gravel path that led up to Heisenberg Estate and scanned my keycard to get pass the gate and drove a minute before the original house appeared.

"Wow this place is big," He said and I nodded.

"This is the original house my grandfather had built here," I said before parking my car at the garage and turning it off, "Come on we have to walk the rest of the way."

I got out the car and he followed my action. He took his suitcase and backpack out the back.

"What made your grandfather move here?" He asked as we got on the foot path that took us out to the other house.

"Silence but mainly privacy from the public," I said.

"So you grew up here?" He asked and I nodded.

"When I wasn't out of town or the country for racing I was here either in my grandparents' house, my mom's, or somewhere in this forest that is gated," I said as my home appeared

"So you, your brother, and mom lived here?" He asked and I nodded, "It is really big for 3 people."

"Before they died me, Nico, and grandpa were working on expanding the house as me and Nico were growing," I said remembering the nights we spent with grandfather designing the expansions as we walked up to the door. I opened it and he followed.

"Would you like a room with a view of trees or trees?" I asked as we headed up to the third floor which was where my room and office were. Sabrina stayed on this floor when she was in town

"I think I'll take a room with a view of trees," He said and followed me to the guest room on that floor.

"Well you are in luck because that is the only room we have on this floor. My room is across the hall and my office is right next door if you need any thing and if I'm not there then I should be outside. I'll let you settle in, I'll be outside if you need me," I said before running downstairs.

I went back to clearing out the rest of the dirt trails that go into forest so my cousins can find their way back if they get lost because it has happened before because they don't spend as much as Nico and I did growing up so they get lost often.

I was not that far in when I spotted the tree that has Nico and Alexa's initials carved on it with a heart around it. They did it after a month of dating. I knew that there was a tree near the tree house that had mine and Josh's initials that I had to get rid of.

"How do you not get lost in the forest?" Max said slightly scaring me as he had snuck up behind me, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"I just realized how long those two have been dating. I'm just waiting for my brother to finally wife Alexa up. They are the definition of soulmates," I said looking at the date that dated back to summer of 2015.

"They really are you can see it from a mile away how in love they are," He said I turned to look at him.

"This reminded me I need to remove mine and Josh initials from a tree deeper," I said.