Chapter 19: Sketch Book Drowning

One thing that Marinette learned about Jason was that he was a speed demon. Not that she complained. The ride was a lot of fun for her. Coming to a stop in front of the Wayne botanical gardens, she hops off the bike and hands Jason her helmet.

"Thanks for the ride, Jay." She couldn't seem to shake the smile off her face. "That was a lot of fun."

"No problem, Sunshine." He sets the helmet on the back of his bike. "Just don't tell Bruce how fast we went. I don't need to hear that lecture again."

"Again, huh?" She crosses her arms at him. "Do you ever listen to Bruce?"

"Only when it's convenient." He shrugs.

Marinette's laughter is cut short when her class pulls up beside them on the bus.

"I hate your class." Jason mean mugs some of her more annoying class members as they get off the vehicle.

"Why?" Marinette asks him while she turns her back to Lila who just caught sight of her. "They haven't done anything to you specifically."

"They sure as hell have." Jason steps closer to the bluenette. "They upset my new little sister and I take that very personally."

Marinette smiles up at him. "You know, I've never had any siblings before. I always did wish I had an older brother."

"Well consider your wish granted." He reached down to hug the small girl tightly and lifted her up off the ground. "You can't get rid of me now." He sets the girl back down gently. "Text me if you need anything. I am not afraid to punch a teenage girl in the face." Jason says with a smirk.

"Thanks, Jay." She looks over to her class and sees all her friends waving her over. "I better get going. I'll see you later."

"See ya later, Pixie-pop." He waves to her as he gets back onto his bike and drives off.

Marinette turns around to meet back up with her class and greet her friends.

"I see Marislut is still hanging out with that creepy older man. That guy just looks homeless." Lila laughs as Marinette walks past.

"I know." Alya agrees. "It's really disgusting that she is probably living with him."

Ignoring them, Marinette stops in front of her friends to give them all a hug. "Hey, guys."

"Hey, Bugaboo." Adrien hugs her back. "You rode here on a motorcycle?"

"Yeah. I rode with Jason. Apparently, he doesn't know how to go slow." She laughed.

"It's good to see you smiling so much." Chloe chimed in. "I don't even think you looked this happy even before Lila came along."

"I'm feeling happier." She looked over to Madame Mendeleiev who was counting all the students. "I think that this trip really was a good thing."

"Yeah, I know." Alix smiled at her friend. "You didn't even bat an eye at what Lila just said. I think that kinda pissed her off."

"Alright, class." The teacher spoke up. "Please follow me inside and no talking until the tour guide finishes her speech."

They followed her inside and were greeted by a short brunette in a pantsuit who introduced herself as their tour guide. After a few rules about not touching or damaging the plants, they began their tour.

"This place is actually kind of pretty." Chloe looked around at the beautiful garden.

"It is." Kim agreed. "It says here that the Wayne's paired up with Poison Ivy herself to keep this place so beautiful." He read a plaque on the wall.