Chapter 88: Learning a Lesson

"Can't we just clean the whole house instead?" Jason squirmed inside the large t-shirt he was currently wearing alongside Tim.

"No." Bruce smiled at his two sons wearing the t-shirt of shame. "The house already agreed on this.

"Yeah and I find this a lot more interesting." Dick laughed as he walked around the two while filming.

"You're supposed to be taking a picture, not filming us." Tim glared at Dick.

"I know. But this one is just for me. I'll take the picture once Cupcake finishes your sign."

"I'm almost done." Marinette smiled up at Dick before finishing up the sign. "Here." She showed her work to everyone.

Written in neat handwriting, the sign read 'We were too nosy for our own good'.

"It's perfect, Angel." Damian nodded approvingly.

Marinette took the paper and stood directly in front of Tim and Jason. "Alright. You two are going to have to hold it up so it can be easily read."

"We know." Tim took hold of the left side of the paper with his free hand while Jason took hold of the right.

"Awe! So cute!" Kori clapped excitedly at the two.

"Smile, boys." Dick held up his phone to take the picture.

"We're not going to smile." Tim deadpanned.

"Suit yourselves." Dick took the picture. "What do you think?" He turned his phone around to let everyone see the result.

Marinette actually laughed out loud at the picture. Both Jason and Tim looked like they would rather be anywhere else but here as they shared one single shirt. The sign was just the cherry on top. "It's perfect."

"Can we take this stupid thing off now?" Jason looked over to his father.

"Let me just post this first." Dick tapped on his phone.

Not even two seconds after Dick put his phone away, everyone else's phones started to get notifications like crazy.

"Oh, it's started." Dick laughed.

"Great..." Jason quickly took off the t-shirt of shame. "What did you say?"

"Nothing. I just tagged everyone."

"You tagged me too?" Marinette looked at her phone. "How did you even find my twitter... You know what? That was a dumb question." She giggled

"Peoples theories in these comments are great." Damian laughed.

"This was a great idea, little D." Kori giggled.

"Yes." Alfred agreed as he picked up the t-shirt the boys just took off. "Certainty not something I would have guessed you would come up with."

"It's Todd's fault that I had the idea anyways. He's the one who kept sending me all those memes of the misbehaved dogs with the signs around their necks telling what they did wrong."

Tim just glared at Jason with accusation.

"What? How was I supposed to know this would happen?" Jason shrugged.

"Well I hope you two have learned your lesson." Bruce spoke up. "And please don't forget about any of your other punishments."
---------
Dinner was oddly calm as Jason and Tim allowed the ladies to get their food first and never fought over their own food.

"You know... I'm not sure how I feel about all this quiet." Marinette giggled.

"What? You and de-Damian wanted this, right?" Jason looked over to the bluenette.

"You almost slipped up there." Marinette raised an eyebrow at him.

"I don't think I've had a quiet dinner since I've been here." Damian looked over to his soulmate. "I agree that it's a bit odd."

"I for one enjoy the peace and quiet." Alfred nodded.

"Well that makes it all worth it, doesn't it guys?" Dick smiled at Jason and Tim.

"Yeah." They both answered in lackluster excitement.
--------
"You ready for one on one training with me today, Angel?" Damian asked as the two made their way to the training room.

"Absolutely. I'm happy to spend any time at all with you."

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?"

"No." Marinette playfully punched him in the shoulder.

"Hey, guys!" Dick greeted them as they walked into the training room.

"Hey, Dick. What's up?" Marinette waved at him.

"Oh, you know. Just Kori." Dick pointed above him.

"Oh my gosh." Marinette looked up to see Kori flying high above them. "I didn't even see you up there, Kori. What are you doing?"

"I'm here to do some training as well. I would also like to see you in action, Marinette." She said as she gently floated back down to the ground.

"Well I don't know if you are going to get much action from me. I'm mostly going to be learning from Damian today."

"Oh, how very sweet." Kori turned her attention to Dick. "Remember when you used to teach me things?"

"Yeah, I taught everybody things. I was the leader of the Titans, remember?" Dick chuckled.

"This is true. But you did teach me more than the others. Remember that one time we were in your room late at night and..."

"Okay!" Dick loudly cut her off. "The others should be coming soon. We should finish our warm ups."

Marinette and Damian just looked at each other for a moment before laughing. "I like you Kori." Marinette said through her laughs.

"Oh, I like you too, Marinette." Kori began her stretches again.

After calming down from their laughing fit, Marinette began to do her stretches with Damian. Soon enough, everyone else made their way inside the training room.

"Okay, everyone." Bruce got everyone's attention as they were all wrapping up their warm ups. "As you all know, Marinette and Damian will be doing their one on one training today so I want everyone else working on team sparring. Dick and I will be going against Selina and Kori first. The winners will fight Jason and Tim, then we will mix up the teams. Got it?"

As everyone split up to do their sparring, Damian grabbed Marinette's hand and took her to the wall of weapons.

"We are going to start with the practice swords, okay?" He grabbed two practice swords off the wall and handed one to Marinette.

"Okay." She looked down at the weapon and considered its weight for a moment. "What are we doing first?"

"Striking and parrying." He grabbed her hand and took her over to the mat before getting into the ready position. "I'm going to see how you react to me first and then we will start from there. You ready?"

"Uhh." Marinette brought her feet apart to get in her own stance. "Okay. Now I'm ready."

Without a second thought, Damian swiftly brought his sword straight at her face.