Chapter 48: The Warehouse

Batman and Ladybird came upon a large group of people trashing a warehouse along the coast. As the two got close, Batman ordered her to stay quiet as they listened in.

"We should just start our own group." A larger man said as he threw more scrap pieces of wood onto a fire they made in the center of the warehouse. "If your boss and my boss is locked away and we aren't getting paid, we might as well. We have the numbers to actually execute a big score."

"I dunno." A scrawny man across from him said. "When the Joker breaks out, he will be mad that we went off without him."

"IF he breaks out." A different man to his left added. "Let's be honest. After Harley broke up with him and helped B-man to lock him away, he's known now as a laughing stock. And not the kind that he likes."

"Yeah. Same goes for my boss. He got beat by a tiny French girl for fucks sake." A man sitting a few feet away from the larger group said.

"Yeah, I heard about her. Isn't she the same one that's dating that Wayne kid?" The scrawny man asked. "She has to be absolutely insane if she's going out with the Ice Prince. I heard that kid is a complete asshole."

"Enough about that good for nothing rich family. Are we going to do this or what?" The large man asked.

"What 'big score' do you even have in mind?" The one separated from the group asked.

"The Gotham City Bank of course. We can go in guns blazing. We have a whole crate full of weapons just over there." He points to a large crate in the corner of the room.

"Send police to our location." Batman whispered. "Ladybird, take my flank. Clean up the stragglers that go for the crate." He ordered.

Ladybird nodded. She followed a bit behind him and waited for his signal from across the room. On his go, she attacked. There were about ten men in this warehouse and Batman took out the first two on his surprise attack when he caught them off guard from above. She did the same with the one that was off by himself a little ways away from the main group.

"The Bats here!" One of the men screamed. "Get the guns!"

Ladybird was the only thing standing between the criminals and the crate of weapons. Batman was taking care of the men very fast but she knew she still had to help. Unhooking her yoyo, she wrapped it around the nearest person and pulled them towards her, punching them in the face the second they got close enough. After looking down to make sure he was knocked out, she turned to the next person who was running up right beside her. She reached her leg out to trip him and when he hit the floor, she immediately got on top of him to swiftly knock him out after a solid punch to the back of the head. She lunged off of him to chase the last man that was running for the exit. 'Guess he figured the guns aren't worth it' she thought. He had just managed to reach the door when Ladybird hooked her yoyo around his neck and yank him to the ground.

"Please don't hurt me!" The scrawny man screamed. "I surrender." He tried to get the yoyo off his neck. "I never wanted this."

Ladybird walked up to the man and released the yoyo but only to put her foot to his neck instead. "What do we do with him?" She asked.

"Keep him there. I can hear the police sirens now. They will deal with him when they get here." Batman spoke as he dragged the passed-out men towards the door and zip tied their hands behind their back.

"Hey, you're the new one, right?" The man looked up to the bluenette. "Ladybird."

"Quiet." She glared at the man and tried to imitate Batman as best she could.

It seemed to work because he immediately looked away from her. By now, the sirens were very loud and the red and blue lights could be seen flashing through the windows.

"The situation is under control. Send them in." Batman ordered over the comms.

A few short seconds later, the door just in front of Ladybird opened to reveal the cops on the other side.

"I was hoping the new kid would be here." A female cop smiled at the bluenette. "Who do you got there, Ladybird?"

"He surrendered." She yanked him to his feet but kept a good grip on his hands.

"Let me take him off your hands." The cop pulled out her handcuffs and cuffed the man. "I'll take him to the cruiser and question him later at GCPD." She guided the man outside.

Ladybird looked around for Batman and found him talking to some of the other cops. She went to silently stand beside him as he explained what happened.

"You will find guns in that crate over there. My guess is that they are illegal and they were holding them for when their bosses came back."

"Thank you, Batman." The officer spoke after writing down the statement. "Richards." He turned to the cop next to him. "Go take inventory of what we got and unload anything that's loaded before taking it to the cruiser."

"Yes sir." He walked off towards the crate.

"Are there any other questions?" Batman asked.

The officer looked at him for a moment before looking over to Ladybird. "Yeah. Is she 18? Because she's totally hot." He grinned at her.

Ladybird gave him a dirty look. "Disgusting." She said without remorse.

The cop was just about to say something else to her but he caught sight of Batman's expression.

"Apologize to the lady." Batman glared at him. "That is no way to talk to her."

"S-sorry bat lady." He shrunk away from Batman.

"Ladybird." She crossed her arms while still giving him a dirty look.

"Right. Sorry Ladybird." He walked away as quickly as possible.

The woman cop walked up just as he left. "I apologize for whatever he said." She looked at the bluenette. "He's been known around GCPD as kind of a womanizer and a bit of a sexist but he's really good at his job. We can't all be perfect." She shrugged.

"Well if there is nothing else you need from us then we will be on our way." Batman nodded once.

"Thank you, Batman. Thank you, Ladybird. I'll be seeing you." She waved to them.

Ladybird followed Batman out and up onto a roof a few blocks away before Robin spoke up. "What was that officers badge number so we can get him fired? I heard what he said."

"It's fine, Robin." Ladybird spoke first. "I think he learned his lesson."

"Yeah. Calm down, baby bird. No harm, no foul." Nightwing spoke up.

"You heard that woman. He's a womanizer and a sexist." Robin added.

"And she also said he is good at his job. Gotham needs good hardworking cops in this city." Ladybird retorted.

"She's right. If he does it again then we will do something about it." Batman finalized. "Get back to patrolling the city."