Chapter 30: Tim Makes a Plan

"Master Damian, Miss Marinette." Alfred knocked on Damian's door to get the twos attention. "Dinner will be ready in 10."

"Thank you, Alfred." Damian called out to him. "We will be down soon."

"I guess we will have to finish this movie later." Marinette paused what they were watching. "I didn't even realize what time it was." She looked over to Damian. "But how are you liking it so far?"

"It's adequate." He shrugged.

"Adequate?" The bluenette shakes her head. "I show you one of the greatest movies of all time and all you have to say is 'it's adequate'?"

"What?" He shrugs. "I haven't really watched many movies. I didn't hate it." He tries to defend himself.

"Maybe I should show you a really bad movie in comparison so you can realize the masterpiece you were just witnessing." She laughs.

"Why would we watch a bad movie?"

"To laugh at it's ridiculousness." The bluenette gives him a big smile. "Sometimes those are the most fun to watch."

"I'm up for it if you are, Angel." He stands up and goes to his door to open it.

"No." She follows him out of the door. "I think maybe we should just walk around the town tomorrow. Just the two of us."
--------------
"Hey, Bruce." Marinette looks over at the billionaire while they are all eating dinner. "Can I ask you something?"

"What is it Marinette?"

"I was wondering if I could invite my friends over one day this weekend?" She gave him a nervous smile.

"I don't see why not. What day were you thinking?" Bruce asked.

"Well tomorrow Damian and I were thinking of going out around the town, so on Sunday is probably best."

"Does that mean we will get to meet your more competent class mates?" Jason asks between bites of food.

"I guess so." Marinette turns to look at Jason. "Don't make me regret that decision."

"Come on." Dick smiles at the bluenette. "We can behave."

"Can you?" She looks skeptically at the boys.

"Me and Dick can." Tim points between himself and Dick. "But we can't promise anything about Jason behaving."

"Hey!" Jason throws his napkin at Tim but Tim dodges it. "You make it sound like I'm some unruly child."

"Says the guy who just threw his napkin at me." Tim raises his eyebrow at him. "I rest my case."

"Don't worry, Miss Marinette." Alfred interrupted the boy's argument. "I will keep them all in line."

"Thanks, Alfred."

"So, Marinette." Selina turned her attention to the small girl. "I hear you are dealing with a pathological liar in your class."

"Yeah." She takes an annoyed breath. "Her name is Lila and she's not just a liar, she's a bully too."

"A bully how?" Selina looks concerned.

"She's threatened me with everything but physical violence." She shrugs. "But I try not to worry myself too much about it anymore."

"But didn't she purposefully run into you so you would drop your things into a pond? That's a bit physical, isn't it?" Jason looked a little annoyed himself.

"I mean, I guess." Marinette looks down at her plate. "But she didn't hurt me at all, just ruined my things. She mainly just spreads lies that make people like her and hate me."

"What does she say about you?" Tim looked like he was formulating a plan.

"Do you just want to hear the stuff from this past week or would you like me to write a 3000-page essay on it?"

"Uh," Dick looked a bit bewildered that she didn't even seem to be joking. "Just this past week is fine."

"Okay." Marinette started counting them off on her hands. "She's telling people that I'm living in a shack with a bunch of homeless people 'like Jason'."

"She's telling people I'm homeless?" Jason looked confused.

"Yes, and she also told people that I'm stringing you along and that I'm doing gross things with older men." As she said that, the whole room seemed to turn to anger. "She also said that I'm a gold-digger and I'm only using Damian as a means to make Adrien jealous, which is completely ridiculous. She tells people that I'm an attention whore. I think Bruce heard that one. I could name more she has said about me but I have forgotten most of them at this point. This week she seems to be trying to bring the attention to herself by spreading rumors about Damian, Bruce and even 'Batman'."

"I thought I told her to not spread rumors about me or my family. Did she not take me seriously?" Bruce had a very angry look to him.

"Father, this girl is an idiot. Any time she has ever spoken to me, she can't even get my name right."

"I think she believes that if you aren't around to hear her lies then she won't get into any more trouble. She thinks she's clever." Marinette scoffs.

"What lies has she said about our family?" Tim still seems to be calculating something.

"Mainly that she is dating her 'Damiboo'." Marinette playfully looks to her boyfriend. "She said that you guys went on a date the other day and that you asked for her ring size. Gunna propose to her, huh?" She jokes.

"Preposterous." Damian scoffs again.

"And apparently she's BFF's with the whole Wayne family. It's a shame she can't recognize her own boyfriend though."

"Does this Lila girl realize that she will be going to the same school as Damian next week?" Selina questioned the girl. "After all, it is public knowledge where he goes to school."

"She doesn't fact check a single thing that comes out of her mouth, so I doubt it." Marinette finally finished off her plate of food.

"She's going to be in for a surprise come rollcall on Monday." Dick smiled as he leaned back in his chair. "Your class will be in Damian's for the week."

"Anything specifically about Bruce?" Tim questioned again.

"Just that she asked him for an interview for Alya and he turned her down because he was to busy being the only CEO of his company." Marinette laughed to herself. "Apparently you don't exist in her world, Tim."

"Why don't you point out these obvious lies to your class, Miss Marinette?" Alfred looks to the small teenager.

Marinette takes a long breath. "Believe me, I have tried. It's just that every time I do it always backfires on me because she plays the victim card and makes me out as a jealous person. She's a very good manipulator."

"Do you want her to get the justice she deserves?" Tim raises an eyebrow at her.

"Yes, of course I do." She nods. "I also wish that my old friends could see her for who she really is. Maybe they could get their lives back on track and not live by her empty promises."

"What if we all helped you with that?" Tim gave her a big smile.

"Do you have a plan?" She leans closer to Tim.

"I sure do. Are you in?"

"You know it."
----------
"Do you really think this plan of Tim's will work?" Marinette asks Damian while they are lying in bed watching tv.

"Drake is the only one of my brothers I would be okay with when it comes to making a decent plan. I believe this will work." He kisses the top of her head.

"I sure hope so." She snuggles up closer to Damian. "I can't wait for my friends to see this. I think I will let it all be a surprise for them so we can see their genuine reactions."