Chapter 33: After Effects and Opening Up

"Welcome back Master Damian, Miss Marinette." Alfred greeted the two as they walked inside.

"Hey Alfred. Where is everybody?" Marinette asked.

"They are all in the house somewhere. Who are you looking for?"

"We actually need to talk to everyone. A 'family meeting' is what Angel is calling it." Damian spoke up.

"May I ask what this is about?" Alfred questioned.

"We saw Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy while on our date today." The bluenette smiled at the butler.

"They had some pretty interesting things to say, too." Damian still seemed a bit annoyed.

"I will gather everyone up right away. Please wait in the living room while I go get them." The butler walked off.

As the teens sat down, Marinette opened up her purse for her kwami's to be let out. "Will you answer our questions yet, Tikki?"

"I think we should wait for everyone to get here so I won't be repeating myself." Tikki smiled at her chosen.

"If you think that's best." She gently poked her kwami's belly and Tikki let out a small laugh.

One by one, everyone started to pile into the living room to hear what the teens had to say.

"Okay, we are all here now, Sunshine. What's this all about?" Jason looked expectantly at her.

"We ran into Harley and Ivy today while on out date. Apparently, they were looking for me." Marinette carefully watched everyone's expression.

"What would they want with you, kitten?" Selina looked more confused than the rest.

"Marinette can heal the plants. It's an after effect of the long-term use of the ladybug miraculous." Tikki informed. "This 'Poison Ivy' woman somehow picked up on this."

"Did you know this would happen?" The bluenette asked curiously. "I didn't even know I was doing this."

"I've seen this happen maybe 2 or 3 other times with my past holders and each one of them is what you call a 'true holder'. You already knew you were a perfect match for the ladybug miraculous."

"So, Pamela wasn't necessarily looking for Marinette. She was looking for the source of what made the plants in Gotham grow?" Selina looked at the teens.

"Correct. Now that she knows who is causing it, she wants Angel to try and heal a dying and endangered plant of hers." Damian looked over at his father.

"Is this plant some sort of dangerous flora?" Bruce had on a serious face.

"She said it wasn't. She even offered for Damian to come if I didn't want to go alone." Marinette said. "I really do think they just wanted my help."

"I talked to both of them a few weeks ago Bruce." Selina rested her hand on his shoulder. "Those two have straightened themselves out. They even helped us out when we put the Joker away last month. You know how much they have a soft spot for young girls. If they didn't threaten them then I think they really are telling the truth."

"You're probably right. They have been awfully quiet for a while and they both had the chance numerous times to go back to their old ways." Bruce turned to the bluenette. "You can help them but only if you want to."

"But father, what if this is all a ruse?" Damian looked a little angrily at his father.

"Then you should probably go with her." Bruce smiled at his sons worry. "But I'm sure Marinette can take care of herself."