Chapter 106: Unwanted Laughter

"Kid! Kid wake up!"

Robin opened his eyes to see Plagg hovering above him.

"Where is she?" He asked as he sat up quickly.

"Thank goodness you're awake." Oracle spoke up over the comms. "Try to get Catwoman up. I had Red Hood and Nightwing follow Ladybird's tracker but it was abandoned in a dumpster along with her yoyo a few blocks north of you. We need all hands on deck for the search for her. Harley, Ivy and even Riddler are already on the search as well as the rest of the team."

"Catwoman!" Robin began to shake the woman awake. "Get up!"

"What?" Selina snapped her eyes open. "Where is she?" She began to look around.

"We have to find her. The Joker took her." He said with a bit of worry in his tone.

"Robin, I need you to calm down." Batman ordered over the comms.

"He's right, kid." Plagg spoke up, apparently able to hear the conversation from the comms. "You are our best chance at finding her."

"That's right!" Red Hood spoke up through the comms as well. You could tell from his voice that he must have been fuming before this. "Robin, you can find out exactly where she is."

"If her yoyo is still around" Plagg continued. "then that means she hasn't detransformed. Hopefully she's awake and you can find out where she is."

"Plagg, claws out!" Robin said without hesitation, clearly not wanting to chat anymore.

He immediately felt the feeling of annoyed frustration coming from her the moment he transformed.

"Angel, are you okay?" He thought to himself.

"For now. I can't hold my breath forever and he's just released his laughing gas in my face."

"Concentrate on sharing you vision."

---------

Ladybird was slowly running out of breath but she concentrated hard on sharing what she sees. She almost wanted to sigh in relief when Damian's point of view came into focus. She quickly ran through everything she knew about the place she was in through her thoughts as she looked around.

"I have an idea about where you could be. Hold on, Angel. We are moving as fast as we can."

Ladybird could feel the worry coming off of him and she focused onto his point of view before reluctantly taking a breath.

"There you go Dear! Breath it in." Joker laughed as he roughly took her chin to force her to look at him.

After catching her breath, Ladybird couldn't stop herself from beginning to giggle. The Joker's smile was even more overbearing than before

---------

"She's in a brick warehouse on the northside. It's a rather large building that was made for loading and unloading large vehicles like semitrucks." Robin said as he began to feel the unwanted laughter coming from Marinette as he quickly headed for the exit with Catwoman hot on his heels. "He forced her to breath in his laughing gas. I don't like this feeling. Or his face."

"What can you tell me about this building?" Oracle asks.

"The windows are heavily graffitied and she can see the moonlight coming through them." Damian watched as she concentrated on them. Her vision was shaky but he assumed it was because she was laughing.

"There are only two buildings like that on the northside." Batman informed. "Can she tell if she's by the water? Ask her if she can smell the port."

---------

"See? Don't you just love the feeling of laughter?" Joker laughed right along with her.

"No!" She gasped between fits of laughter.

"Angel, I need you to concentrate. Can you tell if you are by the port? Can you smell the water?"

Ladybird tried to calm her laughter as she tried her best to take a deep breath through her nose.

"You can't force the giggles to stop once they've started!" The Joker watched with an amused face.

"Is... is that the port I smell?" Ladybird asked between fits of laughter.

"That's quite the nose you've got... but knowing where you are won't help you now, Dear." The Joker said as he reached for a chair that was pushed up under the metal table with all the tools on it. "Are you ready for the actual fun to begin?" He asked as he set his chair across from her and sat down.

---------

"She's in the one by the water." Robin said as he quickly started his bike and drove off in the direction of his soulmate.

"I'm going to patch Harley and Ivy in. They are closest to the destination." Oracle said.

"We are about a minute out." Ivy spoke up a moment later.

"Don't kill him when you get there." Batman said. "I'll be there about a minute after you."

"That man deserves to kick the bucket." Harley said angrily.

"Agreed." Red Hood huffed.

Robin ignored his father as he gave his speech about no killing to the rest of the team. Instead, he decided to inform Marinette that Harley and Ivy would be there soon.

---------

"...and that's why breaking you will be fun." The Joker laughed.

"Whatever you say, Joker." Ladybird said between laughter. "By the way... do you have men outside standing guard?"

"Yes. Why? Are you afraid one of them will come in and crash our party?" He grinned widely at her as he reached over to play with her hair.

"No." She giggled unwantedly. "I just though I would warn you that I have backup on the way."

"Your scare tactics won't work on me, Ladybird."

Before she could say anything in return, a loud bang could be heard coming from behind her like something was thrown against the garage door.

"I'm comin' for ya, Mister J!" Harley said from outside before the sound of glass breaking could be heard.

Ladybird and Joker looked over to see that Harley had smashed one of the windows with her bat.

"Ladybird, sweetie! I've been looking everywhere for ya!" She said as she climbed through the window.

"Just couldn't stay away from me, could you Harley?" Joker said as he stood up from the chair and walked over to the table to grab a crowbar off of it.

"You are going to need a lot more than a crowbar to take us down." Ivy said as she walked in from behind Ladybird's point of view.

The moment she stepped into view, Ladybird could see that Ivy was being carried around by her plants, who also had a tight hold onto what must have been Jokers men who were posted outside. Throughout all of this time, Ladybird never stopped laughing.