Chapter 75: Tikki's Creation

Everyone had just gotten home from the Wayne botanical gardens and made their way to the living room for a bit of a family meeting Marinette called for.

"Okay, Tikki. I have some real questions for you." Marinette sat down on one of the living room couches next to Damian.

"I figured you would." Tikki giggled. "I honestly forgot about those flowers."

"So, you did have something to do with that flower?" Tim asked.

"Yes, but I created it a very long time ago. Long before humans walked the earth." Tikki sat at the coffee tabled in the center of the room.

"You created that flower? Why?" Marinette leaned forward in interest.

"I'm ashamed to admit that it's the same reason Plagg destroyed all the dinosaurs. I was bored and wanted to see what I could to."

"Plagg killed the dinosaurs?" Dick asked.

"Not one of my best moments." Plagg shrugged. "That one got a bit out of hand."

"Back to the flower." Marinette stared at her kwami. "How could you forget about something like that?"

"Well I though that it went extinct. Apparently I was wrong though. When I first made the flowers, I made a whole large field of them."

"What exactly did you create this plant to do?" Bruce asked.

"Well when I created it, a serious disease was ravaging some of the local flora and killing them off. I made it to combat that but it's healing properties may have been a bit too strong. When wildlife found the flower and digested it, I found that it would heal anything from wounds to rabid diseases. I was young and naïve and I clearly over did it."

"Is that how it went extinct? It was used up before it could repopulate?" Tim seemed to be very interested in this particular conversation.

"No, I wouldn't say that. When Plagg caused the continents to drift, a lot of the plants fell off into the ocean. That wasn't the end of them though until a couple thousand years later when all of a sudden, they died mysteriously. I was busy at the time and could never go and investigate why this happened."

"Did you have something to do with it Plagg?" Damian asked the kwami.

"Who do you take me for? I would never do that." He looked around to see everyone looking at him with skepticism. "Plus, I was with Tikki the whole time." He shrugged. "So it couldn't have been me."

"Okay but why exactly did I have this connection to it?" Marinette asked her own kwami.

"I don't know. I've never had a holder interact with something like that. My best guess is just that you are my true holder and you can connect to organic life that I create in the same way that I connect to you. We are all linked by the power of creation."

"You also said that I might be able to feel Damian's emotions when we are both transformed right? Will it be similar to how I felt the plants emotions? And if so, does that mean I am also soulmates with a plant?" Marinette began to freak out a little.

Tikki began to giggle. "No, Marinette. You can only have one soulmate. The reason you could feel its emotions is because of its magical capabilities and how they were so similar to your own. If I were to touch it, I would be able to feel its emotions too. It's just the way I made it." Tikki shook her head. "And as far as how it would all work with Damian and yourself, you will have to just find out on your own. I don't have all the answers you know."

"I am a bit curious how that would work too." Damian nodded.

"How about we go on another rooftop date and find out?" Marinette started to bounce in her seat.

"Okay, but I would probably throw those close in the wash before we go." Damian joked.

"Oh, yeah." Marinette looked down at her dirty clothes. "I should also probably wash the dirt out from under my finger nails too."

"You can just drop your clothes off outside your bedroom door and I'll pick them up to have them washed for you." Alfred offered.

"Thanks, Alfred." Marinette stood up. "You are the best." She turned to Damian. "I'm going to go get changed. Do you want to suit up in your regular gear and I'll meet you down in the cave?"

"Sure, I'll meet you there." Damian waved as she left the room.

The moment she was out of hearing distance, Alfred grinned at the young billionaire. "Would you like me to pack the two of you a lunch before you go?"

"Yes, that would be great Alfred." Damian ignored the rest of the families stares as he looked over to his father. "Can you keep these hooligans in line while I go on a date with Marinette?"

"I promised you the last time that I would." Bruce smiled at his youngest son. "Now you should go on ahead. It's rude to keep a lady waiting."
---------
Damian had just suited up in his Robin costume when Alfred came down with a small picnic basket in hand.

"Master Bruce told me to remind you to stay out of the public's eye and to watch for security cameras. Stick to the shadows."

"I know, Alfred." Damian took the basket from the butler. "We will probably stick to the north sides rooftops where there aren't any cameras."

"That would be best." Alfred nodded before turning to walk away.

"Wait." Plagg spoke up from behind the bat computer where he was previously snooping around. "Did you pack me some cheese? If these lovebirds are going to experiment with their 'new abilities'," Plagg used air quotes. "then I better get some extra fuel for this endeavor."

"Yes." Alfred nodded. "I did not forget about you, Plagg." On his way to the stairs he passed Marinette as she happily skipped towards Damian. "Have a good time on your date, Miss Marinette." He smiled.

"I will." She waved. "I'll see you later, Alfred."

"Alfred made us some lunch so we should probably take my motorcycle up to the north side." Damian grinned when he saw Marinette approaching.

"Good idea. Carrying that from rooftop to rooftop would be a hassle."

"Well you better transform so we can get going."

"Oh, right!" Marinette giggled before transforming herself. "Let's go."

Robin strapped the small picnic basket onto the back of the bike before he and Ladybird hopped on.

Bruce was smiling from a monitor upstairs as the two teens sped out of the Batcave.

"That girl is quite remarkable." Alfred spoke up from behind him. "But you better go keep an eye out on your other sons."

"You are probably right, Alfred." Bruce stood up to go find the rest of his family.