Chapter 37: Lies Crumble and Fall

"Good morning, Miss Dupain-Cheng." Madame Mendeleiev greeted as the class got off of the bus. "If you would please stand with the rest of the class while I take a quick roll call." She gestured to the rest of her students.

"Yes ma'am." Marinette went to go stand with her friends and Damian followed.

"Hey, Mari." All of her friends greeted her as she hugged every one of them.

"Hey, guys." She said, a little excited.

"Did something happen that I don't know about?" Chloe looked skeptically at her.

"Something exciting is happening today." She gave her friends a mischievous smile.

"Really? What is it?" Adrien asked.

"It's a surprise. You'll find out soon enough." The bluenette winked.

"Okay, students." The teacher spoke up after a quick roll call. "Today will be a little different from the rest of our week here. Before we go and sit in on the class we have to observe for the week, we have been asked by Mr. Wayne himself to attend a little introduction for us he and his family have put together." Marinette watched Lila's expression closely while the teacher talked. "Now please remember that Mr. Wayne is our host for this trip and you all need to be on your best behavior."

"Oh, wow! Lila, why didn't you tell us that Mr. Wayne was coming today?" Alya asked.

"Oh, well..." Lila looked around at all of her classmates. "He wanted it to be a surprise is all." She kept a neutral face.

"The liar is right this time." Damian spoke up and everyone snapped their head towards him.

"What are you even still doing here?" Alya gave him a dirty look.

"I go to school here. I thought the uniform would make that obvious." He gestured to his outfit. "By the way" Damian looked directly at Lila. "You said your boyfriend was Damian Wayne, correct?"

"That's right." Alya spoke for her. "Are you jealous or something?" She smirked.

"Oh, definitely not. I just thought the liar would be more excited to be going to the same school as Damian Wayne." Damian watched the girl go stiff.

"No way! Lila, we will all get to see your boyfriend today. Why didn't you tell us?" Alya smiled at her friend.

"W-well this is such a large school that we might not even get to see him. I didn't want to get all of your hopes up." Lila tried to stay calm.

"By the way Lila, what did you say Damian looked like again? I want to keep my eye out for him." Rose spoke up from behind her.

"Oh, well he uh..." She looked back to Damian who had is eyebrow raised in expectance. "He looks a lot like Bruce."

"So, like dark hair and blue eyes?" Rose seemed to have a dreamy look in her eyes. "I bet he's super handsome."

"Yes." Lila nods while trying to gauge Damian's expression. "His eyes might even be bluer than his fathers."

"Oh, I wish I could meet him." Rose said excitedly. "You know how much I love the romantic things."

"Who knows?" Damian finally looked at the tiny blonde. "You might just get the chance. Your teacher did say that the whole Wayne family prepared this welcoming for your class."

"That's right!" Rose bounced with even more excitement. "Lila, isn't this great?"

"Yeah." Lila barely nodded.

"Okay, Angel." Damian turned to Marinette and kissed the top of her head. "I have to go meet up with some people. I'll see you in a bit."

"Okay." She waved at him. "See you soon." He walked away.