Chapter 12 - Just a Little Fun

I was doing upside down pull ups from the rigging while practicing my slashes, excited for whatever Brook has planned for me.

Arito: "Skill Boost day was yesterday, Pip. You don't want to strain yourself."

Gwen: "I'll be okay. Besides, I have to be ready for Brook's activity."

Daisu: "You don't even know what it is yet."

Gwen: "You two don't either."

I stuck my tongue out at them with a smile.

Arito & Daisu: "Hm... touché."

Yorki: "Gwen."

Gwen: "Huh?"

Yorki: "Come inside to bed."

Gwen: "Huh?! B-but why, captain?! It's still midday!"

Yorki: "You're going to have a big night, and we don't need you passing out in the middle of your test. Now come on, no arguments."

An evil little smile crossed my face.

Arito: "Pip... no."

Yorki: "Come on, Gwen!"

Gwen: "Heh heh... You'll have to catch me first!"

Yorki: "Oh, you little- Arito, get her!"

Arito: "C'mere, Pip-! Argh!"

I climbed up the underside of the rigging.

Gwen: "Haha! Too slow!"

Everyone came up on deck to see what the commotion was as I hoisted myself onto the yardarm.

"Captain?" "What's going on up here?" "Everything okay?"

Daisu: "Don't worry, I got her!"

Brook: "What's Gwen doing up there?"

Yorki: "ON TOP of the rigging, Daisu."

He tried climbing up the underside like I did. But he lost a foothold, and I giggled as he fell on his butt back on the deck.

Daisu: "WAH-! Uhh... I'm okay..."

Arito: "Need a hand, bro?"

Yorki: "*sigh* Right... MEN, Gwen's on the loose! Whoever catches that rouge little gremlin and brings her to me... uhh... Gets to pick the wake up call song for the next week!"

The chance to wake up to something calm and gentle as opposed to the usual loud and annoying. That was enough incentive for the whole crew to join in. I didn't mind, only seeing that as a fun challenge.

Gwen: "Hehe, the more the merrier! Can't catch me~!"

I stuck my tongue out at them, and the whole crew ran to climb the rigging. There was a lot of pushing and shoving and I was laughing because no one was getting to the top. I decided to stand up and take a little stroll along yardarm. Walking like on a balancing beam with my arms outstretched, all while teasing the crew below.

Gwen: "La lala lala laaa~!"

Brook: "Gwen, come down from there! It's dangerous!"

Gwen: "Nice try~! You want me down? Come and get me!"

Yorki: "Kid, this is not the time to be difficult!"