1

I was on my way to my sixths apartment viewing for today. It's the last one on my list so this one'd better be good. Because honestly, I'm exhausted. It was simply too hot in this city. We had 30 degrees here in Barcelona and even though I was only wearing a short white summerdress and my favourite sandals the heat was still suffocating.

The apartments I have visited so far were all either stifling and dirty or the roommates were some perverts whose second question after my name was what bra size I am...

I had just moved to Barcelona a week ago to study here. All my life I've lived in Chicago but due to several reasons I just wanted to move as far away and as quick as possible. And now that i am 21 i could do it in a legal way.

So here i am, in Barcelona, without knowing a single word in Spanish. Without having a place to live. At least i'd gotten accepted at university to study.

The last couple of days I had spent in a hotel but I really need to find a place to live as soon as possible because I wanted to feel like home again.

I'd already looked online for people that are looking for a roommate/housemate. But almost everyone I had called didnt speak english.

Except for the ones I would visit now.

Apperently they are from the States as well and are here to study which means that we are all about the same age probably. Two guys and one girl...

I arrived at the door of their apartment and knocked on the door.

Only a few moments later a guy, maybe a few years older than me, opened the door. He had brown hair and probably hasnt shaved for the last few days, which didnt make him look scruffy or anything. He was actually kinda attractive. He was wearing grey sweatpants that hung low on his hips and a matching hoodie. He was really tall and I already got a good impression on how muscular he was.

"Oh, uhm, hey", I said, feeling a bit uncomfortable. "I'm here for the room. I'm Camille Toussaint."

His eyes went down my body and then up again but I still didnt miss how he glanced down my body and how his eyes remained on my bare legs for a moment. A little too long.

"Are you french?", he asked.

Really? Was that the first thing he was gonna say to me? No Hello or How are you? Well...

I think I probably looked very confused because he let out a small snicker and shook his head as if i did something totally stupid. But I'm very certain that i did not.

"Anyways, I'm Evan. Come in", he sighted.

Was he annoyed? I dont know.

"My grandma was french", i stated, already a bit pissed but I hoped he didnt notice so i would still get the room. I just didnt like when people caught me off guard, so practically it's got nothing to do with him.

I politely stepped out of my sandals and followed him inside. I put my long blonde hair up with a claw clip since it was sticking to my neck and was annoying me.

It was a beautiful appartment. So much brighter and with much more space than the others I had visited.

Evan directly guided me down the small corridor. I just followed him, maybe once or twice gawking at his perfectly shaped butt ...nevermind.

"Okay, so this is the room", he said and opened a door. "You can either keep the furniture, or buy new one. It's up to you. But if you ask me, I would keep them, they are brand new."

I just nodded, pretty much too stunned to speak.

It was a beautiful room with huge windows and the view was amazing. I could directly look down at one of the main shopping-streets and I even had a tiny balcony. The room wasnt that small either. It had a huge bed, a desk and a closet in it. Pretty much all I needed. What can I say? It was perfect.