14

It was my birthday...and christmas. Yup, its the same date.

I woke up in the morning and tiredly took a shower and decided to put myself into a cute outfit that ive bought a while ago.

It consists of a jeanskirt, white socks and a beige pullover.

I put my wet hair up into a messy bun and decided not to put makeup on.

So i walked into the livingroom just to find Evan and Noah there, sitting in the kitchen.

Evan noticed me first and instantly walked over to me. He grinned at me before he suddenly just picked me up and hugged me tightly.

"Happy birthday, Cami!!", he said excited.

I just hugged him back and wrapped my legs around his hips. "Thank you, Evan!"

After pressing a kiss onto my forehead he let me down again.

That was when Noah also gave me a quick hug and wished me happy birthday. He's even made me breakfast. How sweet.

"You wanna have your present now or later?", Evan asked. "Now, right?"

I just nodded which made him chuckle. "Come on", he grinned and grabbed my hand and walked me into his bedroom.

I loved his room. I loved his scent. I love smelling him. Its so cozy here.

"Sit down", he demanded and pointed at his bed so i crawled onto it.

Next he grabbed two packages out of his closet. They were wrapped into pink paper. The same pink as my favourite blanket . Shit...

"Happy birthday, Cami", he smiled and handed the huge gifts to me.

"Thank you", I smiled shyly and started to unwrap them.

The first one looked like a shoe box... I slowly opened the lid and...inside were hiking boots.

Evan bought me hiking boots!

Dont cry, Camille. Dont you cry right now.

"Evan--", I choked and looked up to him.

"There's another one", he just smiled and pointed at it.

So i unwrapped that one too.

Oh god.

It was a tent. A small tent for two persons...

"You bought that for me?", I croaked out confused.

"Yeah", he just shrugged. "I mean you need to go hiking before you die."

Oh he remeberd my bucketlist...

"You want me to go hiking?", I asked, tears of joy running down my face.

"We are going hiking", he just stated.

"We?", I sobbed.

"Yeah. You and me, schnecke. You said you wanted to do it with a friend", he explained softly. He was smiling almost amused.

"Oh Evan", I sobbed and suddenly got up to my knees and crawled over to him.

He just chuckled.

"Oh Evan", I just repeated and reached out for him to give him a hug. "Thank you so much. Really--"

"Don't cry", he instantly said. "I don't like that. Please."

"I'm crying because I'm so happy, Evan. You just make me so so happy", I explained.

He took another step forward and just tightly hugged me into him.

My forehead landed on that perfect spot between his neck and shoulder and i at that moment i just felt like the luckiest girl on earth.

I had Evan. My Evan that was my best friend and that was so loving and caring and could be so so sweet when he wanted to. My Evan who i somehow happened to fall in love with. I loved him.

My Evan that was grumpy in the morning but was still nice enough to leave me some coffee before he leaves. He was the person that I knew i could trust so so much and he is the one that knows everything about my past.

So i just hugged him so so tightly.

"I don't know what to say", I sobbed. "Thank you for everything."

"Stop crying, angel", he whispered. "It's okay. You deserve to be happy and I dont wanna see you sad anymore."

"You just called me angel", I whispered a lot calmer now.

"Yeah because you really are like one", he smiled softly and i felt something reall soft brush my temple.

Was it his lips?

His hand that rested on my lower back the whole time now went up to cup the back of my head, fingers buried in my hair.

"Do you really wanna go hiking with me?", I asked hoarsly, pulling away a few inches so i could look at his face.

"I do", he said with maybe a tiny little smile.

"Are we gonna choose a route and everything together?"

"If you want to", he shrugged and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear which sent tingles down my spine.