8

Evan was gone since this morning. I was still asleep when he left but now that ive woken up I wondered if he was doing alright.

But i didnt want to show him that I worried about him after he acting so disparaging towards me.

But one thing was still bugging me. His ice skating competitions. When he competed the big one's like he'd said they must be somewhere on youtube right?

So I unlocked my phone and opened youtube.

I searched for Evan Meyer and the first video that popped up shocked me. It really just shocked me.

The title was: Marie Hermann and Evan Meyer (GER) - Gold Medal | Pairs Free Skating | Olympics

What in the actual.....

Evan, my Evan, my friend, my roommate had won a olympic gold medal in figure skating without telling me.

The next Videos were him and Marie winning gold medals in Worlds Championships, European championships and other competition. What?!

I clicked on the olypics video and watched it. Then I watched it again. And again and again.

It was so beautiful. I dont know if I have ever seen something so beautiful before.This was truly amazing.

And I absoulutely needed to call Evan right now. I mean how couldnt he tell me about it?!

I instantly dialed his number and called him.

"Schnecke?", I heard his deep smooth voice ask.

"You've won an olympic medal, Evan", I blurted out.

Silence.

"Why havent you told me?", I stumbled.

"What should I've told you? That I'm the king of the world because I've won gold medals?", he asked, suddenly upset again.

I know he didnt want this answer but I still went with a "Yes!".

"Its not like that, Camille! Winning all these medals doesnt make me a better person. It absolutely is not the case, okay? I've made many mistakes and I'm not proud of it, okay? I've already told you what I've lost due to success", he blurted out.

"But--"

"Cami, listen to me", he spoke into the phone.

"Evan!"

"Fucking listen to me, Camille!", he snapped. "I don't want you to see me with other eyes now that you've seen all these videos. I had to deal a lot with people that treated me differently because--"

"Evan, who the fuck do you think I am? Do you really think I would do stuff like that? Jesus! How could you think that? You're my friend and I dont care about your success! All I can say is that I dont think I have ever seen something more beautiful than your performance and i love it. Thats all", I cut him off.

Silence.

Was he angry? Happy? Disappointed? Sad? Relieved? I dont know...

"I'm almost there", I heard him say, sounding kinda off again. "I need to hang up now."

"Okay", I sighted. "Good luck."

"Thanks, Cami. Bye", he said before he hung up...

What. The. Fuck.

-

For the next days I havent heard anything from Evan. Did i worry? Yes, of course. But did I call or text him? No, i did not.

I just spent a lot of time with Bruna and her friends that somehow became my friends as well. We went shopping, went to go to the park, went to the beach. We did a lot of things.